Thessaloniki, the beautiful and vibrant city in Greece, has many cultural and historical treasures to offer. From the iconic White Tower to the majestic Aristotelous Square, Thessaloniki is a place that every traveler should visit at least once. However, discovering all the hidden gems of this city can be quite challenging, especially if you’re traveling in a group. That’s when group tours come to the rescue! In this article, we’ll introduce you to the two best group tours in Thessaloniki that will make your trip unforgettable. So, join us on this adventure and let’s discover the best of Thessaloniki together!
The 2 Best Group Tours in Thessaloniki
- Vergina Royal Tombs Half Day Tour from Thessaloniki – Group Price!
- From Thessaloniki: Meteora Small Group Day Trip
The 2 Best Group Tours in Thessaloniki
1. Vergina Royal Tombs Half Day Tour from Thessaloniki – Group Price!
Join a small group tour to discover the UNESCO-listed Vergina Royal Tombs on this half-day excursion departing from your centrally located hotel or AIRBnB in Thessaloniki. Accompanied by a professional English-speaking driver, travel in comfort in an air-conditioned vehicle to explore the history of the Kingdom of Macedonia. Admire the ancient artifacts and the impressive decoration of the tombs that belonged to the royal family of Alexander the Great. Benefit from hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off and enjoy a group rate for the tour, which covers entrance fees, ensuring a stress-free experience. Note that the tour is not wheelchair accessible and has a maximum capacity of four travelers. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
2. From Thessaloniki: Meteora Small Group Day Trip
The Meteora Small Group Day Trip from Thessaloniki is a must-do for those who want to explore the beauty of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your trip will start off from Thessaloniki, taking a 2.5 to 3-hour drive to the little town of Kalambaka, right under the Meteora cliffs. From there, you will head to Kastraki, the closest village to the monasteries.
During the tour, you will visit Gran Meteoro, the largest of all monasteries, followed by a second monastery of your liking. You will have the opportunity to see the life of the monks and their cells, the magnificent views from the peaks of these cliffs, and the great panorama that the area offers.
After your visit, you will return to Kalampaka for a break, where you can enjoy a coffee drink or snack before heading back to Thessaloniki. If you wish, there can be another stop along the way, so you can have a traditional lunch. Your experienced guide will share local history and stories about the region throughout the tour. Don’t miss the chance to discover Meteora and its wonders on this small group day trip!
The Most Frequently Asked Questions about ThessalonikiThessaloniki is one of the most vibrant, dynamic, and historical cities in Greece. It is situated in the northern part of the country and is the second largest city in Greece after Athens. Thessaloniki is a city that offers much in terms of history, architecture, culture, and entertainment. But before you visit this charming and historical city, it’s useful to know some basic information. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Thessaloniki for tourists.
1. Where is Thessaloniki?Thessaloniki is in northern Greece and is situated on the Thermaic Gulf. It is the capital of the region of Central Macedonia and is the second busiest port in Greece after Piraeus. Thessaloniki is approximately 500 kilometers north of Athens and can be easily reached from anywhere in Europe.
2. What is the Best Time to Visit Thessaloniki?Thessaloniki has a Mediterranean climate, which means that it gets hot in the summer and mild in the winter. The best time to visit Thessaloniki is between May to October, during the summer months when the weather is perfect for sightseeing and outdoor activities. However, it can be quite hot, so it’s important to stay hydrated during the day.
3. What are the Must-See Places in Thessaloniki?Thessaloniki has a vibrant history and culture, with numerous must-see places for visitors. Some of the most notable places include:
- The White Tower
- The Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki
- The Rotunda of Galerius
- The Ancient Roman Forum
- The Byzantine Walls of Thessaloniki
- The Aristotelous Square
- The Ano Poli
4. What are the Best Places to Eat in Thessaloniki?Thessaloniki is known for its delicious cuisine, including traditional Greek dishes like moussaka, souvlaki, and Greek salad. Some of the best places to eat in Thessaloniki include:
- Ouzeri Agora
- Taverne Ennea
- Ta Karamanlidika tou Fani
5. What is the Nightlife Like in Thessaloniki?Thessaloniki is a city that never sleeps, with a vibrant nightlife that caters to all tastes. Whether you’re looking for bars, nightclubs, or live music venues, Thessaloniki has it all. Some of the best places to enjoy the nightlife in Thessaloniki include:
- The Bit Bazaar Bar
- The Booze Cooperative
- The One Salonica
- The Bensousan Han
- The Warehouse Project
6. Is Thessaloniki Safe for Tourists?Thessaloniki is generally considered to be a safe city for tourists. However, it’s always important to exercise caution and common sense, especially when traveling to a new place. It’s recommended to avoid walking alone in isolated areas at night and to always keep your valuables safe.
7. Can I Use Credit Cards in Thessaloniki?Yes, credit cards are widely accepted in Thessaloniki, especially in larger establishments like hotels, restaurants, and shops. However, it’s always a good idea to have some cash on hand, especially if you’re planning to visit smaller establishments or street vendors.
8. What is the Transportation Like in Thessaloniki?Thessaloniki has a comprehensive public transportation system, which includes buses, trams, and taxis. The city is also relatively easy to navigate on foot or by bike, especially in the city center.
ConclusionThessaloniki is a city that has something to offer for everyone, with its rich history, vibrant culture, delicious cuisine, and exciting nightlife. By knowing the basics about Thessaloniki, tourists can make the most of their visit and enjoy all that this charming city has to offer. With a little bit of planning and some common sense, anyone can have an unforgettable experience in Thessaloniki.
Table of Contents