Welcome to the beautiful island of Oahu, home to some of the best nightlife spots in Hawaii. From lively bars to cozy taverns, there are countless options for those looking to experience the local pub scene. But with so many choices, it can be overwhelming to decide where to go. That’s where pub crawls come in, allowing you to sample multiple bars and meeting new people along the way. In this post, we’ll be sharing the top three pub crawls in Oahu, each with its unique charm and atmosphere. So grab your friends, put on your drinking shoes, and let’s explore the best pub crawls that Oahu has to offer!
The 3 Best Pub Crawls in Oahu
The 3 Best Pub Crawls in Oahu
1. Honolulu: Waikiki History Tour Pub Crawl
On this 2-hour Honolulu: Waikiki History Tour Pub Crawl, discover the hidden history of the Hawaiian Islands while having a good time with fellow travelers. Join an expert guide and visit the best bars in Waikiki, enjoying exclusive Hawaiian beers along the way. Choose from two different ticket options: the Happy Hour, which includes four draft beers of your choice, one at each pub; or the Dry Run, which allows you to buy your drinks as you go. Learn the unknown stories of Hawaii, from ancient tales to modern heroes, as you make new friends and soak up the sun, drinks, and history on Waikiki’s Best Pub Crawl. Note that this tour is not suitable for people under 21 years of age. Food, tips, and expert tour guide are included.
2. History Tour Pub Crawl in Waikiki
Join this historic pub crawl in Waikiki for a night of good times and hidden history! Your guide will meet you at 1979 Ala Moana Blvd, in front of the Fort DeRussy sign, holding a sign with the crawling baby logo. The tour will take you to some of the best bars in the area, where you can enjoy cold beers and other alcoholic beverages (drinks are not included in the Dry Run reservation, but are available for purchase at the bars).
Throughout the tour, your guide will share interesting stories about the history of the area and the bars you visit. This tour is not wheelchair accessible, but service animals are allowed. It is also near public transportation and most travelers can participate. The tour has a maximum of 12 travelers and is operated by Waikiki Crawling.
If you cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you can receive a full refund. Book now for a night of history, good drinks, and great company!
3. Kaka’ako Bar Tour
Explore the vibrant nightlife of the Kaka’ako district with a small-group party bike tour. This tour is a great introduction for visitors looking to experience the local bar scene without falling into the tourist traps. Pedal along on a 15-passenger shared bike guided by a knowledgeable local, and stop at three of the district’s popular bars for drinks and appetizers (at your own expense). This small-group tour ensures personalized attention, making for a fun and memorable night out. The tour starts at Makers & Tasters and optional round-trip transportation is available from Waikiki. Professional guide, food and drinks (available for purchase), and gratuities are included. The tour ends back at the meeting point, 311 Keawe St in Honolulu. Come join us for a night of pedal-powered fun!
Frequently Asked Questions About Oahu
Oahu is a beautiful island located in the state of Hawaii. The island is well-known for its stunning beaches, tasty food, and vibrant culture. If you’re planning a trip to Oahu, you may have some questions about the island. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Oahu.
1. What is the best time to visit Oahu?
Oahu has a tropical climate that is ideal for a vacation year-round. However, the best time to visit Oahu depends on your preference. The peak season for tourists is from mid-December to mid-April, when the weather is cool and dry. If you want to avoid the crowds and enjoy lower rates, visit Oahu from mid-April to mid-June or from September to mid-December.
2. What are the top tourist attractions in Oahu?
Oahu has a lot to offer to its visitors. Some of the top tourist attractions in Oahu include:
- Waikiki Beach: Waikiki Beach is one of the most famous beaches in the world. It is a perfect place for surfing, swimming, and sunbathing.
- Pearl Harbor: Pearl Harbor is a historic site that commemorates the attack on Pearl Harbor, which happened on December 7, 1941.
- Diamond Head: Diamond Head is a volcanic crater that offers a stunning view of Oahu.
- Hanauma Bay: Hanauma Bay is a beautiful beach that is popular for snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Polynesian Cultural Center: The Polynesian Cultural Center is a living museum that showcases the culture of Polynesia.
3. What is the best way to get around in Oahu?
The best way to get around in Oahu is by car. You can rent a car at the airport or in the city. Alternatively, you can use public transportation such as buses or shuttles. There are also tourist trolleys available that provide a guided tour of the island.
4. What is the local cuisine in Oahu?
Oahu has a diverse food culture that includes traditional Hawaiian, Asian, and American cuisine. Some of the local dishes in Oahu include:
- Poke: Poke is a popular Hawaiian dish made of raw fish and various seasonings.
- Plate Lunch: Plate lunch is a hearty meal that consists of rice, macaroni salad, and a choice of meat.
- Shave Ice: Shave ice is a refreshing dessert that is made of shaved ice and flavored syrup.
- Malasadas: Malasadas are Portuguese donuts that are popular in Hawaii.
5. What are some outdoor activities to do in Oahu?
Oahu is a perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts. Some of the outdoor activities to do in Oahu include:
- Hiking: Oahu has many hiking trails that offer stunning views of the island, such as the Makapu’u Lighthouse Trail and the Diamond Head Trail.
- Surfing: Oahu is a mecca for surfers, and there are many schools that offer surf lessons for beginners.
- Snorkeling: Oahu has some of the best snorkeling spots in the world, such as Hanauma Bay and Shark’s Cove.
- Kayaking: Kayaking is a fun way to explore the island’s coastline and waterfalls.
6. What is the currency in Oahu?
Oahu uses the US dollar as its currency. You can withdraw money from ATMs or exchange your currency at banks and exchange bureaus.
7. What is the time zone in Oahu?
Oahu is in the Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HST) zone, which is 10 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-10).
8. What is the language spoken in Oahu?
The official language of Oahu is English, but many locals also speak Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander languages.
9. What is the dress code in Oahu?
Oahu has a relaxed dress code, and casual wear is appropriate for most occasions. However, some restaurants and nightclubs may have a dress code, so it’s best to check in advance.
10. Is Oahu safe for tourists?
Oahu is generally a safe place for tourists. However, like any other destination, you should take precautions and be aware of your surroundings. It’s best to avoid walking alone at night and secure your valuables in a safe place.
Oahu is a wonderful island that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re a beach lover, foodie, or outdoor enthusiast, Oahu has plenty of attractions and activities to keep you entertained. We hope this blog post answered some of your questions and helped you plan your trip to Oahu.
The 3 Best Pub Crawls in Oahu: Frequently Asked Questions
Are you planning a trip to Oahu and looking for some great pub crawls to experience the nightlife of the island? Look no further as we’ve got you covered with the top 3 pub crawls in Oahu.
Q. What is a pub crawl?
A. A pub crawl is a social event, during which a group of people visits several pubs and bars in a specific area, each for a short period of time.
Q. How many bars are included in each of these pub crawls?
A. Each of these pub crawls includes 3-5 bars or pubs.
Q. Are these pub crawls suitable for families with children?
A. No, these pub crawls are designed for adults over 21 years of age.
Q. Do I need to make a reservation for these pub crawls?
A. It’s always recommended to make a reservation beforehand to avoid any waiting time or overcrowding.
Now that we’ve covered some basic questions let’s dive into the 3 best pub crawls in Oahu.
1. Waikiki Pub Crawl
The Waikiki Pub Crawl is one of the most popular pub crawls in Oahu. This crawl takes you through some of the hottest bars and clubs in Waikiki where you can dance the night away. This pub crawl has a mix of locals and tourists, and many have proclaimed it as the “best night out in Waikiki.” Some of the popular bars on this pub crawl are:
- The Study
- The Hideout
- Moose McGillycuddy’s
- Sky Waikiki
All of these bars have a great atmosphere and unique features that make them stand out. The ticket for the Waikiki Pub Crawl includes entrance fees to all the bars, and you can enjoy discounts on food and drinks. The cost of this pub crawl is around $50 per person.
2. Kaka’ako Pub Crawl
The Kaka’ako Pub Crawl is a fun pub crawl that takes you through the Kaka’ako district where you can enjoy some of the best craft breweries and food trucks. This crawl is perfect for those looking for a laid-back night out. Some of the popular bars on this pub crawl are:
- Village Bottle Shop & Tasting Room
- Honolulu Beercade
- The Brewseum
All of these bars offer a great selection of craft beers and delicious food options. The ticket for the Kaka’ako Pub Crawl includes entrance fees to all the bars, and you can enjoy discounts on food and drinks. The cost of this pub crawl is around $40 per person.
3. North Shore Pub Crawl
The North Shore Pub Crawl is a unique crawl that takes you through some of the best beach bars on the North Shore of Oahu. This crawl is perfect for those looking for a more relaxed night out with a stunning view of the ocean. Some of the popular bars on this pub crawl are:
- Turtle Bay Resort
- Banzai Sushi Bar
- The Beach House at Turtle Bay
- Sunset Beach Bar
All of these bars have a great atmosphere and offer stunning views of the beach. The ticket for the North Shore Pub Crawl includes entrance fees to all the bars, and you can enjoy discounts on food and drinks. The cost of this pub crawl is around $60 per person.
If you’re looking for a fun night out in Oahu, these pub crawls are a great way to experience the nightlife of the island. Each pub crawl has its unique features and atmosphere that will ensure you have a memorable night out. Remember to make a reservation beforehand, and always drink responsibly!
The 3 Best Pub Crawls in Oahu: Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re looking to hit up some of the best bars and pubs in Oahu, then a pub crawl might be exactly what you need. But with so many options to choose from, how do you know which pub crawl to go on? In this article, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the three best pub crawls in Oahu.
1. What is a Pub Crawl?
Before diving into the best pub crawls in Oahu, it’s important to understand what a pub crawl is. Essentially, a pub crawl is a group of people hitting up multiple bars and pubs in one night. Participants typically pay a set fee to join a group of other crawlers, all led by a guide who knows the best spots to hit up.
2. What are the 3 Best Pub Crawls in Oahu?
1. Waikiki Pub Crawl: Offering a unique and fun experience, the Waikiki Pub Crawl takes participants to some of the best bars and hidden gems in Waikiki. This pub crawl includes visits to 4 bars and clubs, with drink specials at each location. The crawl is guided by an entertaining host who engages participants with fun games and challenges along the way.
2. Oahu Bar Crawl: A great option for those looking to explore the local bars and pubs of Oahu. The Oahu Bar Crawl takes crawlers on a tour of Honolulu’s historic neighborhoods, hitting up some of the best bars and pubs in the area. This pub crawl includes visits to 3 bars, with drink specials at each location.
3. Honolulu Pub Crawl: This pub crawl takes crawlers on a tour of Honolulu’s nightlife, hitting up some of the best bars, clubs, and lounges in the city. This pub crawl includes visits to 4 locations, with drink specials at each spot.
3. How much does a Pub Crawl cost?
The cost of a pub crawl can vary depending on the specific pub crawl you choose. Generally speaking, pub crawls in Oahu start at around $50 per person, with drinks and transportation included. Some pub crawls may offer VIP packages, which include additional perks such as skip-the-line access to bars and clubs or free entry into certain locations.
4. What should I wear on a pub crawl?
There’s no strict dress code for pub crawls in Oahu, but it’s always a good idea to dress to impress. Most participants dress in casual attire such as shorts or jeans, t-shirts or tanks, and comfortable shoes or sandals. It’s also a good idea to bring a light jacket or sweater, as some bars and clubs may get chilly.
5. Can I bring my own drinks on a Pub Crawl?
No, it is generally not allowed to bring your own drinks on a pub crawl in Oahu. However, most pub crawls include drink specials at each location, so you won’t need to bring your own drinks.
6. Is gratuity included in the price of a Pub Crawl?
Gratuity is generally not included in the price of a pub crawl, so it’s important to bring cash to tip your guide and bartenders.
7. Is transportation included in the price of a Pub Crawl?
Yes, transportation is typically included in the price of a pub crawl. Some pub crawls include a party bus or limo to shuttle participants between bars, while others may use public transportation or walk to each location.
8. Are Pub Crawls safe?
Pub crawls in Oahu are generally safe, as long as participants follow the rules and guidelines set out by the pub crawl organizers. It’s important to drink responsibly and stay hydrated throughout the night. It’s also a good idea to travel in groups and stay with your guide and fellow crawl participants.
In conclusion, participating in a pub crawl is an excellent way to explore Oahu’s nightlife and make new friends. With options like the Waikiki Pub Crawl, Oahu Bar Crawl, and Honolulu Pub Crawl, there’s a pub crawl for everyone. Just remember to dress comfortably, bring cash for tips, and drink responsibly.