The Ultimate Guide to Dublin Backpacker Pub Crawl
Are you planning to visit Dublin and wondering what you should do while on vacation? If so, then a backpacker pub crawl in Dublin is a great activity to add to your itinerary. Pub crawls are very popular in Dublin and are a great way to experience some of the lively nightlife that Ireland’s capital is known for. Plus, if you love your beer, then there’s no better place to sample the many different flavors of Ireland’s much-loved national drink. In this guide, we’ll tell you everything there is to know about the Dublin backpacker pub crawl, from where you can find one to the best pubs you should visit during the evening.
What is a Dublin Backpacker Pub Crawl?
A Dublin backpacker pub crawl is the perfect way to sample Ireland’s world-famous beers in some of the city’s oldest and most popular pubs. On a hostel pub crawl, you’ll be taken to some of the best watering holes in the city by a professional guide. Usually, the evening will start off at one of the more popular hostels in the city before heading off to some of Dublin’s oldest pubs. Each pub you visit will have popular beers on offer, such as Guinness and Irish whiskey, as well as some traditional Irish pub games.
When Should You Join a Backpacker Pub Crawl?
You can join a backpacker pub crawl in Dublin all year round, but depending on the time of year, the experience may differ. In summer months, the evening usually begins slightly earlier and bars tend to stay open until late. In winter months, many bars will close earlier and the nightlife can be substantially quieter. Depending on your preference, it might be worth planning your backpacker pub crawl accordingly.
Where Can You Find a Dublin Backpacker Pub Crawl?
Finding a Dublin backpacker pub crawl is easy and there are plenty of companies offering this type of evening out. Websites such as Viator are a great place to start your search for an organized evening out. Viator’s Dublin Pub Crawl company offers an incredibly organized evening out where you get to visit some of Dublin’s best pubs, with organized games and activities throughout the evening plus a few pleasant surprises along the way.
What Should You Expect On A Dublin Pub Crawl?
When joining a Dublin pub crawl, you should expect quite a lively evening out. Usually, people taking part in pub crawls are aged 18–35 and come from all over the world. As you visit each pub on the tour you will have time to sample some of Ireland’s best beers while playing some traditional pub games such as darts and bar billiards. Depending on which pub crawl you take part in, you will usually be provided with a few drinks throughout the evening plus a souvenir t-shirt or glass to remember the experience by.
What Are The Best Pubs To Visit On A Backpacker Pub Crawl?
One of the perks of taking part in a backpacker pub crawl is that it will take you to some of Dublin’s most famous pub scenes. So here are some of the best pubs you can look forward to visiting during your evening out:
- The Brazen Head – One of Dublin’s oldest pubs, dating back to 1198, The Brazen Head is one of the most popular pubs to visit when taking part in a backpacker pub crawl. Here you will be able to sample some world-famous Irish beers while listening to live traditional music.
- Grogans Castle Lounge – One of Dublin’s most beloved pubs, Grogans is still owned and operated by the same family since it first opened its doors in 1890. Here you can sample Ireland’s favorite beers while playing some traditional Irish games and enjoying some tasty food.
- The Palace Bar – Established in 1823, The Palace Bar offers an authentic Irish pub atmosphere where locals come to socialize and enjoy some traditional music and good company.
- Dwyers Of Cork Street – One of Dublin’s most popular pubs and an old favorite for locals, Dwyers offers an authentic experience for visitors with live Irish music and an excellent selection of Irish whiskeys.
- McDaids – McDaids is located in Dublin’s vibrant Temple Bar district and offers great drinks, an excellent atmosphere and plenty of traditional Irish music throughout the evening.
No matter which pub crawl in Dublin you decide to go on, you’re sure to have an unforgettable evening. With great food, drinks and entertainment, backpacker pub crawls are the perfect way to explore Dublin’s nightlife while having a few drives along the way! For more information about backpacker pub crawls in Dublin, click here.