The Ultimate Guide to Space Center Houston Admission TicketSpace Center Houston is an attraction in Houston that offers a chance to explore the wonders of space and learn about human space exploration. With its 400 space artifacts, as well as permanent and traveling exhibits, visitors can discover attractions and theaters related to the exciting future and remarkable past of America’s human space-flight program all for one admission price. Enjoy a full-day entrance ticket with a self-guided tour and the famous NASA tram tour, which requires a boarding pass.
- Full-day entrance ticket to Space Center Houston
- Learn about the history and future of human space exploration with the NASA tram tour
- See the Mission Briefing Center and the Starship Gallery
- Explore the various displays at your own pace with a self-guided tour
Details of the TourThe Space Center Houston Admission Ticket offers visitors the chance to explore a range of exhibits and displays, as well as learn about the history and future of human space exploration. Visitors can see the largest collection of moon rocks and lunar samples for public view and go behind-the-scenes to see NASA Johnson Space Center (based on availability).
- General admission ticket (timed-entry)
- Access to all exhibits
- NASA tram tour (boarding pass required)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (additional fee)
Timed-EntrySpace Center Houston Admission Tickets require a timed entry. Visitors must choose the date and entry time when purchasing their tickets online. The entrance is open every day of the year except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Self-Guided TourUpon arriving at Space Center Houston, visitors receive a guide that explains the various exhibits and displays available for exploration. Visitors can take their time wandering through the facility and seeing the wonders of space.
NASA Tram Tour and Boarding PassThe famous NASA Tram Tour transports visitors through 100 acres of historic NASA Johnson Space Center. Visitors can see where astronauts train for missions, the NASA control center, and different research facilities. However, the tour requires a boarding pass, which visitors can get at the entrance.
- Parking requires an additional $10 fee
- Food and drinks and souvenirs are available for purchase at the facility
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off require an extra fee by the third party vendor
Book Your Tour NowSpace Center Houston Admission Tickets offer visitors an unparalleled look into space exploration and research. With a self-guided tour and the famous NASA tram tour, visitors can explore at their own pace and learn about the past and future of space exploration. Book the tour here and enjoy a fun and educational day at Space Center Houston.
Frequently Asked Questions about Space Center HoustonIf you’re planning a trip to the Space Center Houston, you’re probably wondering what to expect. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions to help you plan your visit to this incredible destination.
1. What is Space Center Houston?Space Center Houston is the official visitor center of NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. It is a non-profit organization that serves as an educational and entertainment destination for people of all ages. Here, you’ll find exhibits, attractions, and interactive experiences that teach you about space exploration, including the history of NASA’s manned space flight program.
2. What is there to see and do at Space Center Houston?There are a variety of things to see and do at the Space Center Houston. Here are some of the highlights:
2.1. Tram tours of Johnson Space CenterOne of the most popular attractions at Space Center Houston is the tram tour of the Johnson Space Center. This tour takes you behind the scenes of NASA’s manned space flight program, where you can see mission control, astronaut training facilities, and current projects in development.
2.2. ExhibitsSpace Center Houston has many exhibits that showcase the history of space exploration, including artifacts from NASA’s past space missions. Some of the exhibits include:
- The Apollo Mission Control Center
- The Lunar Rover Vehicle Trainer
- The Space Shuttle Independence
- The International Space Station Gallery
- The Mars Yard and Mission to Mars exhibit
2.3. Interactive experiencesThere are also several interactive experiences at Space Center Houston, including:
- The Space Vehicle Mockup Facility, where you can see full-scale replicas of the space shuttle and other spacecraft
- The Living in Space exhibit, where you can experience life on board the International Space Station
- The Galaxy Theater, which features a high-definition film about space exploration
3. How much is admission to Space Center Houston?General admission tickets to Space Center Houston cost $29.95 for adults, $27.95 for seniors, and $24.95 for children. Children under the age of 3 get free admission.
4. What are the hours of operation for Space Center Houston?Space Center Houston is open every day of the year except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. The hours of operation are:
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
5. Is there a restaurant or cafe at Space Center Houston?Yes, there are several dining options at Space Center Houston, including the Zero-G Diner, which offers a variety of food options, and the NASA food truck, which serves up space-themed snacks.
6. Can I take pictures at Space Center Houston?Yes, photography is allowed at Space Center Houston. However, there are some exhibits where photography is not permitted for safety reasons. Be sure to look for signs indicating photography restrictions.
7. Are there any special events at Space Center Houston?Yes, Space Center Houston hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, including:
- The Halloween at Space Center Houston event which features trick-or-treating, space-themed activities, and a haunted house
- The Galaxy Lights event during the holiday season, which features interactive light displays, live entertainment, and a holiday laser show
- The Space Center Houston Half Marathon, which takes runners on a scenic route through Johnson Space Center
8. Is Space Center Houston accessible for people with disabilities?Space Center Houston is committed to providing accessibility for all visitors, including those with disabilities. The center has wheelchair access and service animals are permitted. ASL interpreters are available upon request for tram tours and select exhibits.
9. Can I book a private tour of Space Center Houston?Yes, private tours are available for groups of 15 or more. To book a private tour, contact the center’s group sales department.
10. Can I buy souvenirs at Space Center Houston?Yes, there are several gift shops and kiosks throughout Space Center Houston where you can buy space-themed souvenirs, including clothing, toys, and memorabilia.
Book Your Tour NowSpace Center Houston is an amazing destination that offers visitors an opportunity to learn about the history and future of space exploration. Whether you’re a space enthusiast or just looking for a fun day trip, Space Center Houston is definitely worth a visit. With so much to see and do, plan to spend a full day exploring all that this incredible destination has to offer.
Ultimate Guide: How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Space Center HoustonAre you a space enthusiast, with an unwavering fascination for the universe? Or perhaps you are an average person, looking for an out-of-this-world experience during your trip to Houston? Whatever your reason may be, a visit to Space Center Houston is an absolute must! As the official visitor center of NASA’s Johnson Space Center, this attraction offers a unique peek into the world of space exploration, making it an unforgettable experience for tourists. In this guide, we’ve curated some of the best things to do during your visit to Space Center Houston, to give you a comprehensive and immersive experience of space exploration.
1. Take the NASA Tram TourYou cannot visit Space Center Houston without taking the NASA Tram Tour- a must-do activity for space lovers! The tour takes you on a 90-minute narrated journey, showcasing iconic NASA landmarks such as the Historic Mission Control Center, Rocket Park, and the Space Vehicle Mockup Facility. On the tour, you’ll see glimpses of where America’s space missions have been guided, with informative commentary from an expert guide.
2. Visit the Apollo Era GalleryThe Apollo Era Gallery at Space Center Houston houses the world’s largest collection of moon rocks and other significant artifacts from the historic lunar missions. Here, you can get up close and personal with some of the most significant objects related to space exploration, including spacecraft, spacesuits, and other memorabilia. You can also watch lunar films on a giant screen, making it an interactive and informative experience.
3. Get hands-on with Space Center Houston’s interactive exhibitsSpace Center Houston is all about interactive and immersive exhibits that allow tourists to see, touch, and experience space exploration hands-on. Some of the popular exhibits include the Galaxy Wall, where visitors can see images of galaxies and planets taken by NASA’s Hubble Telescope. The Kids Space Place is another highlight, where children can learn about space history and science through interactive games and activities.
4. Attend a Space Show at the Space Center TheaterThe Space Center Theater at the Space Center Houston houses an awe-inspiring array of space films that are a treat for any space enthusiast. With around-the-clock screenings, visitors can enjoy IMAX films, 3-D space films, and more. Some of the most popular space shows include “Journey to Space,” which explores the history of space exploration, and “Hubble,” which showcases the best images captured by NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope.
5. Take a Virtual Reality TourSpace Center Houston takes visitors one step closer to space exploration where they can take a virtual reality tour of the space station, moon or Mars. Space Center Houston’s virtual reality tour allows visitors to experience what it’s like to live and work aboard the International Space Station or to walk on the moon. With their state-of-the-art technology, visitors can get a unique and immersive experience of space exploration.
6. Learn from the expertsSpace Center Houston offers lectures by space experts and former astronauts who share their experiences about space exploration. These lectures are a great opportunity for visitors to learn about the history and science of space exploration from people who have been part of the action. These experts provide a unique and insider experience to visitors, making it an unforgettable experience!
7. Visit the Starship GalleryThe Starship Gallery at Space Center Houston showcases the evolution of space exploration vehicles, from rockets and satellites to shuttles and spacecraft. The gallery exhibits also include replicas of some of the most famous spacecrafts, like the Gemini and Apollo capsules, which are great for visitors to explore and take pictures with.
Book Your Tour NowA visit to Space Center Houston is a must for anyone who has even a small interest in space exploration. With its various attractions and activities, Space Center Houston offers a comprehensive and immersive experience, unlike any other. From touring the NASA facilities to watching space shows and exhibits, visitors can discover about the science and history of space exploration. So, plan your visit today and prepare for an incredible experience!
Table of Contents