Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates, is a modern metropolis offering visitors a mix of history, culture, and luxurious experiences. From world-renowned architectural wonders to thrilling amusement parks, there is no shortage of attractions and things to do in Abu Dhabi. In this post, we will take you through some of the best places to visit and activities to indulge in during your time in the city. So, whether you’re a history buff, an adventure seeker, or a luxury traveler, there is something for everyone in Abu Dhabi.
The 19 Best Things For Couples To Do In Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Private Tour With Emirati Guide
- From Dubai Abu Dhabi Day Tour With Warner Bros World Ticket
- Abu Dhabi Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and Louvre Museum Tour
- Abu Dhabi Desert Safari Dune Bash Sandboard Camel Ride
- Abu Dhabi Mosque Qasr Al Watan Etihad Towers
- 1 Hour Abu Dhabi Speedboat Cruise
- Exclusive Private Abu Dhabi City Tour
- Private Abu Dhabi City Tour With Louvre Museum and Qasar Al Watan
- Abu Dhabi City Tour Full Day Louver Museum and Grand Mosque and Heritage Village
- Dubai City Tour from Abu Dhabi Dubai Museum and Gold Souk and Water Taxi and More
- Abu Dhabi Yas Waterworld General Admission Ticket
- Dubai Explorer Pass
- Private Abu Dhabi Half Day City Tour for Family
- Abu Dhabi Half Day City Tour
- Abu Dhabi Half Day City Tour by Bus
- Abu Dhabi Warner Bros World General Admission Ticket
- Hop on Hop Off 24 Hour Abu Dhabi Tour
- Dubai Sightseeing Day Trip from Abu Dhabi
- Dubai Tour With Lunch
The 19 Best Things For Couples To Do In Abu Dhabi
1. Abu Dhabi Private Tour With Emirati Guide
Discover the highlights of Abu Dhabi on this comprehensive private guided tour, accompanied by an Emirati guide who will provide you with historical and cultural insights throughout the trip. You’ll visit many top sights, including Heritage Village, Emirates Palace, Zayed Monument, Wahat Al Karama, and Qasr Al Hosn. With hotel pickup and drop-off included, you won’t have to worry about transfers, and a private tour means you’ll have your guide’s undivided attention. All taxes, fees, and handling charges are included in this experience, and you’ll also have the opportunity to enjoy food and drinks during the tour. Remember to confirm the time with the local provider in advance of your experience, and select a pickup point that’s convenient for you.
2. From Dubai Abu Dhabi Day Tour With Warner Bros World Ticket
Immerse yourself in the mix of traditions and modernity in Abu Dhabi with a day tour from Dubai. Discover the highlights of the city and visit the unique Warner Bros park. Get a glimpse into the traditional life of the Bedouins at the Heritage Village and admire the stunning Sheikh Zayed Mosque from the inside. You’ll also get to enjoy more than 29 rides at the popular theme park on Yas Island.
This semi-private tour ensures no hustle and includes water and soft drinks, lunch, and admission tickets to the Warner Bros theme park. A professional licensed tour guide will accompany you and transport will be via airconditioned vehicle. Ladies are required to follow a dress code when visiting the mosque, and the tour also includes a photo stop at Yas Marina Circuit (F1 Circuit). Hotel pick up and drop off is available from anywhere in Dubai.
Experience the perfect day trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, with a mix of cultural heritage and thrilling attractions for the ultimate adventure.
3. Abu Dhabi Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and Louvre Museum Tour
Explore the best of Abu Dhabi on a shore excursion that takes you to two of the city’s most iconic landmarks: the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and the Louvre Museum. Begin your tour with a visit to the Grand Mosque and marvel at the mosque’s breathtaking Islamic architecture. Once inside, you’ll get to see the world’s largest hand-woven carpet along with crystal chandeliers and glass panels studded with thousands of Swarovski crystals.
Next, head to the Louvre Museum, the largest museum in the Gulf located on Saadiyat Island. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to discover classic and modern artworks from various cultures and civilizations. The museum’s iconic dome allows sunshine to shine through, providing a unique viewing experience. You can also visit the Children’s Museum or relax in the museum’s restaurant or cafe.
This tour includes admission to both the Louvre Museum and Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, as well as round-trip transportation to and from the cruise port. Join us and experience the best of Abu Dhabi’s culture and art on this must-see tour.
4. Abu Dhabi Desert Safari Dune Bash Sandboard Camel Ride
Embark on an exciting excursion to the Abu Dhabi desert and bask in the beauty of the vast dunes. Kick off your safari adventure with an exhilarating 30-40 minute dune bashing ride in a 4×4 Land Cruiser. Get a chance to try sandboarding and glide over the dunes with ease. Afterward, experience the traditional desert means of transport with a laid-back camel ride. Enjoy scenic views of the unspoiled desert landscape and capture picturesque moments on camera. Along with mineral water, the tour also includes pickup and drop-off from select hotels/locations, transportation by air-conditioned 4×4 Land Cruiser, and a professional driver. Please note that pregnant women, people with back problems, and those with mobility impairments are not suited for the tour. Add more fun and adventure by opting for a quad bike or dune buggy ride in the desert (not included in the tour price). Book your Abu Dhabi Desert Safari Dune Bash Sandboard Camel Ride now and create unforgettable memories of your visit to Abu Dhabi.
5. Abu Dhabi Mosque Qasr Al Watan Etihad Towers
Explore the grandeur of Abu Dhabi by visiting its iconic landmarks such as the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Qasr Al Watan Palace, and Etihad Towers. Begin your tour with a pickup in an air-conditioned modern vehicle and head to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. Witness the majestic beauty of its architecture and learn about the Islamic culture and religion. Then, move to the Presidential Palace, where you can learn about the government of the UAE. Next, visit the Qasr Al Watan Palace, acquainting yourself with Arabic heritage and culture. Finally, head to the Etihad Towers observation deck to enjoy panoramic views of Abu Dhabi. The tour includes pickup and drop-off, entrance fees, an abaya for ladies to wear during the mosque visit, and cold mineral water. The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users. With a professional licensed tour guide, this tour is not to be missed for those looking to explore the best attractions and things to do in Abu Dhabi.
6. 1 Hour Abu Dhabi Speedboat Cruise
Take in the extraordinary skyline of Abu Dhabi from the sea with a thrilling speedboat ride. Marvel at the views of some of Abu Dhabi’s most impressive landmarks like Yas Marina, Yas Beach, Yas Links Golf Club, and Ferrari World. Admire the natural surroundings, marine life, and sprawling mangroves. Your 1-hour, 1.15-hour or 1.5-hour guided tour includes live commentary, bottled water, and hotel pickup and drop-off. Children under 5 years and pregnant women are not suitable for this tour. Hop aboard and enjoy the front-row seats to Abu Dhabi’s beauty.
7. Exclusive Private Abu Dhabi City Tour
The Exclusive Private Abu Dhabi City Tour is a comprehensive full-day tour of Abu Dhabi’s top attractions. Ideal for first-time visitors to the Emirati city or those with limited time, the tour covers must-see sights such as the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Heritage Village, and Yas Island. The tour includes round-trip transfers from Dubai in a comfortable, climate-controlled vehicle equipped with WIFI. Guests will also receive bottled water for refreshment during the tour. The day begins with a pick-up from anywhere in Dubai, Sharjah, or Abu Dhabi. The itinerary includes passing through Dubai to reach Abu Dhabi and see attractions such as Sheikh Zayed Road. The tour then proceeds to Abu Dhabi to explore the city’s rich cultural history, with visits to cultural sites and modern landmarks like the Marina Mall. The tour ends with a drop-off back at the original pick-up location.
8. Private Abu Dhabi City Tour With Louvre Museum and Qasar Al Watan
Explore Abu Dhabi’s top sites on this private tour including a visit to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and Qasar Al Watan. Begin the day with a pickup from your hotel and embark on a journey through the city, passing by some of Abu Dhabi’s most iconic landmarks.
Next, visit the magnificent Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and marvel at its spectacular design and craftsmanship. Tailored for a true cultural experience, we will provide the required dress code to enter the Mosque.
Continue the tour with a visit to the majestic Qasar Al Watan – the UAE’s newest cultural landmark.
End the day with a delicious lunch and a drive back to the hotel. Feel free to ask our knowledgeable guide any questions throughout the day. Don’t forget, this is a private tour, only your group will participate. Book now and let us take you on a journey through Abu Dhabi’s rich culture and history.
9. Abu Dhabi City Tour Full Day Louver Museum and Grand Mosque and Heritage Village
This full-day tour of Abu Dhabi offers a comprehensive experience of the city’s cultural, historical, and modern-day attractions. Start at the Louvre Abu Dhabi, where you’ll admire the impressive collection of Islamic art and architecture. Then, visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center, a must-see example of contemporary Islamic architecture. The Heritage Village showcases a replica of an old desert settlement and Bedouin tents, providing a glimpse into Abu Dhabi’s past. Afterward, explore the Yas Island, stroll around the souk and the Dates Market, and see contemporary architecture throughout the city. Your guide will provide expert commentary as you travel by air-conditioned vehicle. Admission tickets, hotel transport, and entrance fees are included.
10. Dubai City Tour from Abu Dhabi Dubai Museum and Gold Souk and Water Taxi and More
Explore the metropolitan city of Dubai on a full-day tour starting from Abu Dhabi. Get a chance to visit key locations like Dubai Museum, Dubai Mall, gold souk, Burj Khalifa and sail in a wooden ‘abra’ to take in the views of the beautiful city skyline. All entrance fees, transportation and tour guide are included in this tour package. The tour starts at 8:30 AM and pickup points are available from select locations. Along with key attractions, the tour also includes a visit to the Spice Souk and the Burj al Arab and Palm Jumeirah. All taxes, fees and handling charges are included in this package. Gratuities are recommended but not mandatory. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore Dubai while staying in Abu Dhabi.
11. Abu Dhabi Yas Waterworld General Admission Ticket
Enjoy an unforgettable Emirati inspired aqua adventure with a General Admission Ticket to Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi. Celebrating the heritage of Emirati pearl diving this water park offers over 40 rides, slides, and attractions, voted as the world’s leading water park at The World Travel Awards.
Upon arrival, you will enter an ancient Emirati pearling village where you can embark on character-filled adventures and enjoy thrilling rides. Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi boasts the world’s longest surfable sheet wave, the legendary Bandit Bomber, and the Liwa Loop. You can also have your very own underwater pearl diving adventure to claim your treasure.
With easily accessible facilities and ample amount of restaurants, Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi ensures you have a fantastic day out. Come and experience the adventure-filled world of Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi!
12. Dubai Explorer Pass
Explore the best of Dubai’s attractions and theme parks with the Dubai Explorer Pass. Enjoy savings of up to 35% off and choose from a variety of tours, museums, and top sites including At the Top – Burj Khalifa and Aquaventure Waterpark. With the option to visit three, four, five, or seven attractions, you can create your own itinerary from over 45 different options. Your Explorer Pass comes with a digital guide to help you explore the city’s top attractions, such as the Motiongate and Desert Safari. The pass is valid for 60 days from activation, giving you the flexibility to explore at your own pace. Purchase your Explorer Pass now and don’t miss out on the best of Dubai!
13. Private Abu Dhabi Half Day City Tour for Family
Explore the best of Abu Dhabi on this half-day city tour. Discover the city’s famous landmarks such as the Corniche, Dates Market, Emirates Palace Hotel, and more. With a maximum group size of two, you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide who will also take you to some secret spots. Travel comfortably in an air-conditioned luxury vehicle between each site. You have the rest of the day to yourself after the tour ends. Meeting point is in Abu Dhabi or you can request pickup. The activity ends back at the meeting point. The highlight of the tour is a visit to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center for 1 hour 30 minutes (admission included).
14. Abu Dhabi Half Day City Tour
Ideal for visitors who want to make the most out of their time in Abu Dhabi, the Abu Dhabi Half Day City Tour is the perfect introduction to the city’s main attractions. You will travel comfortably by a shared vehicle with door-to-door pickup and drop-off from anywhere in the city, including airports and cruise ports. During the tour, you will visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the Heritage Village, and the Dates Market, as well as other traditional and modern sites in the city through multiple stops. Highlights include get-down stops at the Emirates Palace Hotel and the waterfront corniche. With this half-day tour, you can cover more sights in less time, making it perfect for first-time visitors to Abu Dhabi.
15. Abu Dhabi Half Day City Tour by Bus
See the best of Abu Dhabi in just half a day with this bus tour. Explore the city’s iconic landmarks including the Corniche and Dates Market. Marvel at the opulent Emirates Palace Hotel and visit nine stops in total, including the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center and Heritage Village. You’ll have admission tickets included for each of these stops, with plenty of time to explore each site.
The tour offers pickup from any location in Abu Dhabi city, making it easy and convenient for travelers. The tour is wheelchair accessible and infant seats are available as well. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking, and you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. Join this tour for an unforgettable afternoon exploring the highlights of Abu Dhabi.
16. Abu Dhabi Warner Bros World General Admission Ticket
As you set foot through the iconic Warner Bros. shield, prepare to be transported into the lands of your favorite characters for a one of a kind immersive experience with the Abu Dhabi Warner Bros World General Admission Ticket. Meet your favorite characters as you step back in time to the Stone Age in Bedrock. Expect to see everyone from Tom and Jerry to Bugs Bunny in Cartoon Junction. Enter the gleaming urban landscape of the iconic city of Metropolis silhouetted against the eternal sunset sky. Explore Gotham City, home to the world’s greatest detective, Batman.
The excitement begins at the Warner Bros. Plaza, your portal to the unique themed lands, including Bedrock, Dynamite Gulch, Cartoon Junction, Gotham City, and Metropolis. Experience 29 state-of-the-art rides, interactive family-friendly attractions, and unique live entertainment for memories that will last a lifetime. Don’t miss the chance to walk alongside some of the world’s most beloved characters at Warner Bros. World with the Abu Dhabi Warner Bros World General Admission Ticket.
17. Hop on Hop Off 24 Hour Abu Dhabi Tour
Abu Dhabi is a city that blends tradition with modernity in a unique way. On the ‘Hop on Hop Off 24 Hour Abu Dhabi Tour’, you can enjoy unlimited hop-on hop-off with a choice of ticket ranging from 1-day to 5-day passes. You’ll have the chance to admire the domes and marble columns of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, visit the iconic Louvre Abu Dhabi Art & Civilization Museum, and take a glimpse of the Emirates Palace, which is one of the world’s most luxurious hotels.
With the freedom to explore Abu Dhabi at your own schedule, you will discover the city’s best open-top climate-controlled sightseeing bus. During your ride, you will learn about the United Arab Emirate’s rapid development and cultural history via digital commentary in 8 languages.
On the City Tour (Red Route), you will discover breathtaking views of the majestic Abu Dhabi. Make sure to explore the Heritage Village to witness the rich tradition and culture of the city.
18. Dubai Sightseeing Day Trip from Abu Dhabi
Discover the vibrant city of Dubai on this exciting day trip from Abu Dhabi. Board an air-conditioned coach and journey through the rich history and culture of the UAE with the guidance of an expert local guide. Admire the awe-inspiring Burj Khalifah, the highest building in the world, and visit other iconic attractions such as the Palm Jumeirah and Burj Al-Arab. Sail across Dubai Creek on a traditional wooden ‘abra’ taxi, explore the bustling Gold and Spice Souks, and visit the fascinating Dubai Museum to learn about the city’s rise to prominence. Enjoy free time for lunch at the spectacular Dubai Mall, home to countless restaurants and shops. Don’t miss this opportunity to witness Dubai’s architectural wonders and immerse yourself in its rich culture.
19. Dubai Tour With Lunch
Experience the excitement of Dubai’s top attractions without any hidden costs with this day trip from Abu Dhabi. A professional guide will lead you on a journey through the city’s culture and history, while also showcasing its modern, futuristic skyscrapers and entertainment venues. Marvel at the Burj Al Arab, the Palm Jumeirah, and Jumeirah Mosque as you take in the stunning sights on this tour. Enjoy an included lunch and witness the impressive Dubai Fountains before gazing up at the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa. Transportation to and from Abu Dhabi hotels is also included for your convenience. Audio guiding in multiple languages is also available. Join us on this unforgettable journey for a glimpse into Dubai’s meteoric growth, culture, and iconic landmarks.
Visiting Abu Dhabi? Here are Some Answers to Your Most Frequently Asked QuestionsIf you’re planning a trip to Abu Dhabi, you likely have a lot of questions about what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in this beautiful city. In this post, we’ll answer some of the most commonly asked questions by tourists to help you plan your perfect trip.
1. What is the best time of year to visit Abu Dhabi?Abu Dhabi has a hot, arid climate, with temperatures ranging from the mid-20s Celsius (mid-70s Fahrenheit) in the winter to over 40 degrees Celsius (over 100 degrees Fahrenheit) in the summer. The best time to visit is generally between November and April, when temperatures are more moderate.
2. What are the must-see attractions in Abu Dhabi?Abu Dhabi is packed with attractions, so it’s hard to narrow it down to just a few. However, some of the top must-see attractions include:
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: This stunning mosque is one of the largest and most beautiful in the world.
- The Emirates Palace: This luxury hotel is a favorite among tourists for its stunning architecture and beautiful grounds.
- The Louvre Abu Dhabi: This art museum houses an impressive collection of art from around the world.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi: This theme park is home to the world’s fastest roller coaster and all sorts of other exciting rides and attractions.
- Yas Island: This island is home to a water park, shopping mall, and several other attractions.
3. What is the dress code in Abu Dhabi?Abu Dhabi is a conservative city, so it’s important to dress appropriately. Women should cover their shoulders, knees, and midriff, while men should wear shirts with sleeves and long pants or non-revealing shorts. Swimwear is acceptable at the beach or pool, but not in other public places.
4. What is the currency used in Abu Dhabi?The currency used in Abu Dhabi is the UAE dirham (AED).
5. What language is spoken in Abu Dhabi?The official language of Abu Dhabi is Arabic, but English is widely spoken and understood.
6. Is it safe to travel to Abu Dhabi?Abu Dhabi is generally considered a very safe city for travelers. However, as with any city, it’s important to take basic safety precautions such as not leaving valuables unattended and being aware of your surroundings.
7. What is the food like in Abu Dhabi?Abu Dhabi offers a wide variety of cuisine, from traditional Arabic dishes to international cuisine. Some must-try dishes include hummus, falafel, shawarma, and stuffed camel.
8. What is the etiquette for tipping in Abu Dhabi?Tipping is not required in Abu Dhabi, but it is appreciated. In restaurants, it’s common to leave a tip of 10% of the total bill.
9. How do I get around Abu Dhabi?Abu Dhabi has an extensive public transportation system, including buses, taxis, and a metro system. Taxis are the most convenient way to get around, but can be expensive. Public transportation is affordable but can be crowded during peak hours.
10. What should I know about the culture in Abu Dhabi?Abu Dhabi is a Muslim city with a rich cultural heritage. Visitors should be respectful of local customs and traditions. For example, it’s important to dress modestly, particularly in mosques and other religious sites. Alcohol is available in some hotels and restaurants, but public drunkenness is not tolerated.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Abu DhabiAbu Dhabi is the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and is known for its luxurious lifestyle, modern architecture, and rich Arabian culture. If you are planning to visit Abu Dhabi, it is important to know where to go and what to do to get the most out of your trip. In this post, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Abu Dhabi.
Before You Go:
Before we dive into the must-see attractions of Abu Dhabi, there are some things you should know before you go:
- Visa Requirements: Depending on your nationality, you may need to apply for a visa to enter Abu Dhabi. Check with your local embassy to find out if you need a visa.
- Best Time to Visit: Abu Dhabi is hot all year round, but the best time to visit is from November to March when the temperature is cooler. If you plan to visit during the summer months, be prepared for extremely hot temperatures and high humidity.
- Clothing: It’s important to dress appropriately in Abu Dhabi, especially when visiting religious sites. Women should avoid wearing short skirts or tight clothing, and men should not wear shorts in public areas.
- Language: Arabic is the official language of Abu Dhabi, but English is also widely spoken.
- Currency: The currency in Abu Dhabi is the UAE Dirham (AED).
The Must-See Attractions:
Abu Dhabi is home to some of the most iconic landmarks and attractions in the UAE. Here are some of the must-see attractions you can’t miss:
1. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque:
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is one of the most beautiful mosques in the world and is a must-see for anyone visiting Abu Dhabi. Visitors can take a tour of the mosque or attend one of the daily prayer services. Make sure to dress appropriately and follow the mosque’s guidelines during your visit.
2. Emirates Palace:
The Emirates Palace is the most luxurious hotel in Abu Dhabi and is a popular spot for tourists to take photos. Visitors can enjoy a cup of coffee or tea at the hotel’s café or restaurant, or take a tour of the hotel’s impressive interior.
3. Saadiyat Island:
Saadiyat Island is a cultural hub in Abu Dhabi and is home to several museums, including the Louvre Abu Dhabi, the Zayed National Museum, and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (opening soon). It’s also a great place to relax and spend the day at the beach.
4. Heritage Village:
The Heritage Village is a great place to learn more about traditional Emirati life and culture. Visitors can see demonstrations of traditional crafts, watch performances, and visit a traditional souk (marketplace).
5. Yas Island:
Yas Island is a popular entertainment destination in Abu Dhabi and is home to several attractions, including Ferrari World (an indoor theme park), Yas Waterworld (a water park), and Yas Mall (a shopping mall).
Things to Do:
In addition to visiting the must-see attractions, there are plenty of other things to do in Abu Dhabi. Here are some suggestions:
1. Go on a Desert Safari:
A desert safari is a great way to experience the natural beauty of Abu Dhabi’s desert landscape. Visitors can ride camels, go dune bashing, and watch a traditional dance performance.
2. Visit the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital:
The Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital is the world’s largest hospital dedicated to caring for falcons. Visitors can take a tour of the hospital, learn about the history of falconry in the UAE, and even hold a falcon.
3. Take a Boat Tour:
A boat tour is a great way to see the city from a different perspective. Visitors can take a tour of Abu Dhabi’s coastline or explore the nearby mangrove forests.
4. Try Local Cuisine:
Abu Dhabi is home to a diverse range of restaurants and cafes where visitors can try traditional Arabic cuisine. Make sure to try local dishes like shawarma, falafel, and hummus.
5. Visit a Souk:
Abu Dhabi is home to several traditional souks where visitors can buy traditional handicrafts, spices, and souvenirs. The most popular souks include the Souk Al Zafarana and the Souk Al Qattara.
Abu Dhabi is a unique city that offers visitors a blend of modern luxury and traditional Arabic culture. Whether you’re interested in history, entertainment, or relaxation, there is something for everyone in Abu Dhabi. Make sure to plan your trip ahead of time and follow local guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.
Table of Contents