Welcome to Surfers Paradise, located on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. Surrounded by stunning beaches, turquoise waters, and a vibrant nightlife, Surfers Paradise is an unmissable destination for both locals and tourists alike. In this post, we will delve into the best attractions and things to do in Surfers Paradise, from theme parks and water sports to cultural experiences and gastronomic delights. Whether you’re a solo traveler, a couple seeking romance, or a family in search of fun, Surfers Paradise has something for everyone. Let’s explore this paradise on earth together!
The 2 Best Things For Couples To Do In Surfers Paradise
- Gold Coast Attraction Pass Including Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Draculas Haunted House
- Surfers Paradise Guided Gold Coast Amphibious Bus Tour
The 2 Best Things For Couples To Do In Surfers Paradise
1. Gold Coast Attraction Pass Including Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Draculas Haunted House
Explore the Gold Coast at your own pace with the Gold Coast Attraction Pass which provides you with the option of designing your own itinerary. This pass allows you to select any three, five or seven attractions from a range of popular experiences available. Options include a snorkel cruise, a thrilling jetboat ride, a trip to Mount Tamborine and much more. Get free or discounted admission to various attractions and save on your travel expenses. Please note the passes will remain valid up to three months from the first day of use. To kick-start your tour, the start time is at 9:00 AM. With the Gold Coast Attraction Pass, make the most of your visit to encounter the magnificent wildlife and experiences of the Gold Coast.
2. Surfers Paradise Guided Gold Coast Amphibious Bus Tour
Discover the world-famous sandy beaches of Surfers Paradise while exploring the Gold Coast by both land and sea with the Surfers Paradise Guided Gold Coast Amphibious Bus Tour. This guided tour allows you to experience a sightseeing activity like no other as you journey from the roads into the beautiful Gold Coast Broadwater on a duck-themed vehicle, that transforms from a bus into a cruise boat.
See the homes of the rich and famous in Paradise Waters, admire the super yachts parked at the Southport Yacht Club, and keep an eye out for local wildlife. Your expert guide will provide informative commentary as you enjoy this thrilling and relaxing experience.
The tour provides a temporary tattoo and is perfect for both kids and adults. Return back to the heart of Surfers Paradise, with memories that will last forever. Book your Surfers Paradise Guided Gold Coast Amphibious Bus Tour today!
The Ultimate Tourist Guide to Surfers Paradise: Most Frequently Asked Questions AnsweredSurfers Paradise is a popular tourist destination in Queensland, Australia. This coastal suburb in the Gold Coast is known for its stunning beaches, lively nightlife, and thrilling attractions. If you’re planning to visit Surfers Paradise, this guide will answer the most frequently asked questions by tourists and provide valuable insights to help make your trip unforgettable.
1. When is the best time to visit Surfers Paradise?The best time to visit Surfers Paradise is between May and October. This is the dry season when the weather is mild, and the skies are mostly clear, making it perfect for outdoor activities. However, if you’re looking for warmer weather to enjoy the beach or water sports, the best time would be between December and February. But, be aware that this is also the peak season, and prices may be higher.
2. How do I get to Surfers Paradise?Surfers Paradise is easily accessible via air, road, or rail. Gold Coast Airport is the nearest airport located just 25 minutes away from Surfers Paradise. You can also take a bus, car, or train from Brisbane, which is a one-hour drive away.
3. Where can I stay in Surfers Paradise?Surfers Paradise has a wide range of accommodation options to suit every budget, from luxurious hotels and resorts to affordable hostels and apartments. Some popular hotels include the Hilton Surfers Paradise, Marriott Resort & Spa, and QT Gold Coast. If you’re on a budget, you can check out the backpacker hostels such as Bunk Surfers Paradise and Islander Resort Hotel.
4. What are the top attractions in Surfers Paradise?Surfers Paradise has something for everyone, from thrilling theme parks to stunning beaches and wildlife sanctuaries. Some top attractions include:
i. Surfers Paradise BeachSurfers Paradise Beach is one of the top attractions in the suburb, with its white sand and crystal-clear waters. You can swim, surf, or just relax on the beach and soak up the sun.
ii. Gold Coast Theme ParksThe Gold Coast is home to some of Australia’s most popular theme parks, such as Dreamworld, Sea World, and Warner Bros. Movie World. These parks offer a wide range of rides, shows, and attractions suitable for all ages.
iii. SkyPoint Observation DeckSkyPoint Observation Deck is located on the 77th floor of the Q1 Tower and offers spectacular 360-degree views of the Gold Coast skyline and beyond. You can also enjoy a meal or drink at the SkyPoint Bistro + Bar.
iv. Currumbin Wildlife SanctuaryThe Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is located just a short drive away from Surfers Paradise and is home to over 1,400 native Australian animals such as kangaroos, koalas, and crocodiles.
5. What are the best restaurants in Surfers Paradise?Surfers Paradise has a wide range of dining options, from gourmet restaurants to casual cafes and fast-food chains. Some popular restaurants include:
i. Moo Moo The Wine Bar + GrillMoo Moo The Wine Bar + Grill is a stylish restaurant that serves premium steaks, seafood, and wines.
ii. Seaduction Restaurant + BarSeaduction Restaurant + Bar is an award-winning restaurant that offers modern Australian cuisine and stunning ocean views.
iii. Hurricane’s Grill & BarHurricane’s Grill & Bar is a popular steakhouse that serves flavorful meats, burgers, and cocktails.
6. Is Surfers Paradise safe for tourists?Surfers Paradise is a relatively safe place for tourists. However, like any other tourist destination, there are some risks to be aware of, such as pickpocketing, bag snatching, and scams. It’s essential to take precautions such as keeping your valuables safe, staying in well-lit areas at night, and avoiding walking alone in unfamiliar areas.
7. What is the nightlife like in Surfers Paradise?Surfers Paradise is famous for its lively nightlife, with a wide variety of bars, pubs, and nightclubs. Some of the popular nightlife spots include:
i. Elsewhere BarElsewhere Bar is a popular nightclub that features live music, DJs, and a dance floor.
ii. SinCity NightclubSinCity Nightclub is a premier destination for partygoers, with its state-of-the-art sound and lighting system, VIP booths, and bottle service.
iii. Surfers Paradise Beer GardenSurfers Paradise Beer Garden is a popular watering hole that features live music, events, and a range of craft beers.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Surfers ParadiseSurfers Paradise is a popular tourist destination located in the Gold Coast region of Australia. It’s known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and endless attractions. If you’re planning a trip to Surfers Paradise, you may wonder how to spend your time in this lively city. Fortunately, there are plenty of things to see and do that cater to all interests, ages, and budgets. In this guide, we’ll share some tips on how to make the most of your time in Surfers Paradise.
1. Enjoy the BeachesSurfers Paradise is named after its beautiful golden sand beaches which are perfect for swimming, surfing, sunbathing, and beach activities. The most popular beach is Main Beach, which has a lively atmosphere and plenty of beachside cafes, bars, and restaurants. There’s also a dedicated Surf Lifesaving Club here if you’re planning to swim in the ocean.Another popular beach is Surfers Paradise Beach, which is located in the heart of the city and is surrounded by high-rise buildings. This beach is perfect for taking a stroll and enjoying the sunset. If you’re looking for a quieter beach, Burleigh Heads Beach is a great option.
- Always swim between the flags as they indicate the safest area for swimming.
- Bring plenty of sunscreen, as the Australian sun can be very strong.
- Check the tides before swimming to avoid getting caught in a riptide.
2. Visit the Theme ParksSurfers Paradise is surrounded by a number of world-famous theme parks, including Dreamworld, Sea World, Movie World, and Wet ‘n’ Wild. These parks offer a range of rides, shows, and attractions to suit all ages and interests.At Dreamworld, you can ride the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the southern hemisphere, while at Movie World, you can take a behind-the-scenes tour of Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters. Sea World is an underwater adventure park featuring dolphins, polar bears, and marine animal shows. Wet ‘n’ Wild is a water park filled with water slides, wave pools, and lazy rivers.
- Buy your tickets online in advance to save money and avoid the queues.
- Plan your visit in advance and make sure to arrive early to avoid the crowds.
- Check the weather forecast before visiting the water parks as they may close during bad weather.
3. Shop and Dine at Cavill AvenueCavill Avenue is the heart of Surfers Paradise, and it’s where you’ll find a range of shops, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. The area is particularly busy at night when the neon lights come on, and the street performers come out to entertain.If you’re looking for a souvenir, you’ll find plenty of shops selling everything from Australian-made handicrafts to classic tourist merchandise. Food lovers will enjoy the many restaurants, cafes, and bars that cater to all tastes and budgets.
- Look out for happy hour deals at the bars and restaurants.
- Try the Australian beer and wine as they are delicious and popular.
- Stay safe at night by sticking to well-lit areas and going out with a group of friends.
4. Explore the HinterlandIf you’re looking for a break from the beach and city atmosphere, Surfers Paradise is located close to the stunning Gold Coast hinterland. Here, you’ll find an abundance of national parks, rainforests, and waterfalls.Take a scenic drive up to Mount Tamborine and explore the art galleries, boutique shops, and cafes. Visit Springbrook National Park to see the natural beauty of the rainforest, and go on a guided tour of the Glow Worm Caves.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes and insect repellent for the rainforest walks.
- Book a tour to ensure you don’t miss any hidden gems of the hinterland.
- Check the weather conditions before visiting as some areas may be affected by bushfires, flash flooding, or landslides.
5. Go on a Whale Watching TourBetween May and November, Surfers Paradise is a popular spot for whale watching. Humpback whales migrate along the coast during this time, and you can witness these majestic creatures up close on a whale watching tour.These tours depart from the Gold Coast, and they offer informative commentary, lunch, and the chance to see dolphins, turtles, and other marine life.
- Make sure to bring a camera and binoculars for the best viewing experience.
- Dress warmly as it can get cold on the ocean.
- Book your tour in advance to ensure you get a spot as they can be popular during peak season.
Book Your Tour NowSurfers Paradise is a paradise for tourists with endless things to see and do. Make sure to plan your trip in advance to get the most out of your visit. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach holiday, an adrenaline-fueled adventure, or a cultural experience, Surfers Paradise has something for everyone. So, pack your bags and get ready to surf the waves, explore the hinterland, and indulge in the delicious foodie and nightlife itinerary.
Table of Contents