Are you planning a trip to the “Theme Park Capital of the World”? Orlando, Florida is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States, offering a variety of attractions and things to do. With so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide which activities to prioritize. In this post, we’ve curated a list of the best attractions and things to do in Orlando that you won’t want to miss. Whether you’re traveling with family, friends, or solo, there’s something for everyone in this exciting city. Let’s dive in and explore all that Orlando has to offer.
The 20 Best Things To Do Alone Orlando
- Clearwater Beach Day Trip from Orlando With Sea Screamer Boat Ride
- Clearwater Beach Pirate Cruise Adventure With Lunch
- Orlando Discovery Cove Admission Ticket Additional Parks
- Orlando Walt Disney World Resort Admission Hopper Tickets
- Dine With an Astronaut at Kennedy Space Center Tour
- Go Orlando Explorer Pass Choose 2 3 4 or 5 Attractions
- Go Orlando All Inclusive Pass 2 3 or 5 Day Options
- 60 Minute Airboat Swamp Adventure Tour
- 90 Minute Airboat Photo Safari Tour
- Kennedy Space Center Tour
- Kennedy Space Center Tickets Florida
- Orlando Lightweight Mobility Scooter Rental
- Orlando the Wheel at Icon Park Observation Wheel Options
- Kennedy Space Center and Airboat Safari Tour
- Orlando Andretti Indoor Karting Attraction Ticket
- Eat Play and Shop Discount Card
- Madame Tussauds Orlando
- Fun Spot America Orlando Admission Ticket
- St Augustine With Pirate and Treasure Museum
- Clearwater Beach Day Trip from Orlando
The 20 Best Things To Do Alone Orlando
1. Clearwater Beach Day Trip from Orlando With Sea Screamer Boat Ride
Looking for a break from the intense energy of Orlando’s theme parks? Join this 12-hour tour to Clearwater Beach, where you can pamper yourself in the fine white sand, enjoy a swim in the turquoise waters, and indulge in a delightful lunch. In addition to spending some time on the beach, you’ll take part in an exciting ride aboard the Sea Screamer, America’s largest speedboat, as it races across the crystal-clear waters. Roundtrip transport from your hotel in Orlando is included, so all you have to do is sit back, relax, and let the natural beauty of Florida’s coastline take your breath away.
2. Clearwater Beach Pirate Cruise Adventure With Lunch
Escape to the beauty of Clearwater Beach on this full-day adventure from the Orlando area. This stress-free excursion includes round-trip van transit, leaving you free to soak up the stunning scenery of one of Florida’s top-rated beaches. Take advantage of free time to enjoy the warm waves and spend quality time with your family. Then hop aboard a replica pirate ship for a two-hour adventure on the waters of Clearwater Beach. Keep the kids entertained with fun games and activities, while you enjoy drinks on board. Lunch at a local beachside restaurant is also included, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. Book now and get ready for an unforgettable day trip.
3. Orlando Discovery Cove Admission Ticket Additional Parks
If you’re looking for a unique and unforgettable experience in Orlando, be sure to check out Discovery Cove. With this all-inclusive 1-day admission ticket, you’ll have access to incredible animal encounters and stunning tropical environments. Swim with dolphins, snorkel among thousands of tropical fish, and even come face-to-face with playful otters and curious marmosets. Plus, depending on the option you select, you’ll also have access to SeaWorld Aquatica and Busch Gardens for even more fun.
This ticket includes access to all the great attractions at Discovery Cove, as well as parking (if you select the ‘Ultimate Package’ option), animal-safe sunscreen, lockers, wetsuits, towels, snorkeling gear, shower amenities, and even a souvenir snorkel. And if you choose the ‘Dolphin Swim’ option, you’ll get to take advantage of a one-of-a-kind opportunity to swim with these incredible creatures.
In addition to all the amazing animal encounters, you’ll also get to enjoy a freshly prepared breakfast, gourmet lunch, and endless snacks and drinks throughout the day. And for guests 21 and over, select beers and wines are included as well.
Don’t miss out on this unforgettable adventure – get your tickets to Discovery Cove today and get ready to explore everything this amazing park has to offer!
4. Orlando Walt Disney World Resort Admission Hopper Tickets
Looking for the ultimate Walt Disney World Resort experience during your trip to Orlando? Look no further than the Orlando Walt Disney World Resort Admission Hopper Tickets, which offer you the opportunity to visit not one, but four of Walt Disney World’s thrilling theme parks. With your Park Hopper ticket, you’ll have the ability to explore the Magic Kingdom, where you can experience classic attractions and meet your favorite characters, and EPCOT, where you can witness a blend of science, innovation, and Disney magic.
In addition to those two parks, you’ll also have access to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, where you can see amazing shows and breathtaking scenes. Plus, you can hop between the parks to make sure you have time to see everything you want.
So why wait? Book your Orlando Walt Disney World Resort Admission Hopper Tickets today and get ready to experience the best of the Florida sunshine while enjoying all of the Disney magic.
5. Dine With an Astronaut at Kennedy Space Center Tour
Experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with the Dine With an Astronaut at Kennedy Space Center Tour. Join a small group in a chat with an astronaut and hear personal experiences of space travel over a drink and some snacks. You will also get the chance to touch a piece of Moon Rock at the Saturn V Center and receive a signed lithograph from the astronaut of the day. Join a tour of the Kennedy Space Center and witness history in the making. The tour includes roundtrip transportation from various meeting points, admission ticket to the Kennedy Space Center, chat with the astronaut small group experience, driver, and Kennedy Space Center guide. Optional gratuities and meals/beverages not listed above are not included. Your guide will explain more about the facility and how to make the most out of your time at the visitor center during the travel from the meeting point to the Space Coast. Welcome to Atlantis orientation tour is also included in this once-in-a-lifetime tour.
6. Go Orlando Explorer Pass Choose 2 3 4 or 5 Attractions
Save money while experiencing the best of Orlando’s attractions with the Orlando Explorer Pass Choose 2 3 4 or 5 Attractions. Select from over 15 popular options and save up to 40% on ticket prices. See the city from new heights at The Wheel at ICON Park, explore Florida’s wildlife on an airboat tour, or catch an Orlando Magic game with NBA tickets. With the Explorer Pass, you’ll have 60 days from the first attraction visit to see all the selected attractions at your own pace. Choose from a variety of tours and attractions, including SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium, WonderWorks All Access Ticket, Madame Tussauds Orlando, Boggy Creek Airboat Tour, and Gatorland. Don’t miss out on experiencing the best of Orlando’s entertainment industry.
7. Go Orlando All Inclusive Pass 2 3 or 5 Day Options
Discover the best of Orlando with the all-inclusive Go Orlando Pass. With options ranging from 2 to 5 days, valid for a 2-week period, this pass offers ultimate flexibility in exploring the city’s top attractions. Save up to 50% compared to buying tickets separately and have the freedom to choose your activities as you go.
The pass includes admission to popular attractions such as Kennedy Space Center and Legoland Florida, as well as surrounding area attractions in Tampa and Miami. A digital guide with instructions and opening times for each attraction is also included, as well as transportation and parking fees.
Experience multiple attractions with one pass and make the most of your Orlando vacation.
8. 60 Minute Airboat Swamp Adventure Tour
Looking for a unique adventure in Orlando that takes you away from the crowds and into the unspoiled wilderness of Florida? Look no further than the 60 Minute Airboat Swamp Adventure Tour. This thrilling ride will take you through the largest living estuary in the world at Shingle Creek, where you’ll experience the natural beauty and diverse wildlife of the area.
As you speed through the swamps on a state-of-the-art airboat, your captain will regale you with stories of the Native Americans and early settlers who once called this area home. Keep your eyes peeled for American alligators, as well as a variety of other wildlife and plant life that call the swamps home.
With unobstructed views for all passengers, this is the perfect way to experience the natural beauty of Florida in an exciting and exhilarating way. Book your 60 Minute Airboat Swamp Adventure Tour today and see the wild side of Orlando.
9. 90 Minute Airboat Photo Safari Tour
Discover the beauty of the Florida Everglades on a 90-minute airboat photo safari tour. Glide through the swamps on state-of-the-art boats for unobstructed views of the diverse wildlife and plant life that inhabits this natural wonder. Look for endangered American Bald Eagles and American Alligators as you travel back in time to the days before urban development encroached on the Florida swamps. Learn about the early settlers and Native Americans who once carved their trails into the lush vegetation of the Everglades. Capture the splendor of this natural living environment on your camera, and leave with lasting memories of your adventure.
10. Kennedy Space Center Tour
Experience an unforgettable adventure to the Kennedy Space Center from Orlando. Encounter a real astronaut, stroll around the rocket garden, walk underneath Saturn V, and touch a piece of moon rock. Tour NASA’s launch headquarters and learn all about the exciting future of space travel at the Gateway complex.
Benefit from your driver and guide’s knowledge and expertise as they provide fascinating facts and stories during your transfer. Upon arrival, enjoy ample time to freely explore the many attractions available on-site.
Choose from a range of transportation options between Orlando, Kissimmee, or Lake Buena Vista for a hassle-free journey to the Kennedy Space Center.
11. Kennedy Space Center Tickets Florida
Boldly go where so many satisfied space enthusiasts have gone before with the Kennedy Space Center Tickets Florida tour. Explore the many exhibits shows and attractions at the Kennedy Space Center’s visitor complex including the Hubble Telescope exhibit, Eye on the Universe, Journey to Mars, Explorers Wanted, the Virtual Shuttle Launch Experience, the Rocket Garden, and IMAX movies including Hubble 3D, IMAX, and Space Station 3D. You can discover the wonders of the Space Shuttle Atlantis Exhibit, join the guided bus tour to the Vehicle Assembly Building and Mobile Rocket Launch platform, feel what it is like to blast off in a shuttle at the Shuttle Launch Experience, and enjoy full access to the IMAX-3D movies. Additionally, you will get a chance to explore the Apollo/Saturn V Rocket Center. The tour starts with pickup from Orlando, followed by a 1.1-hour bus/coach ride to the Kennedy Space Center, where you will spend 7 hours exploring. Finally, you will have another 1.1-hour bus/coach ride back to Orlando. Please note that the main stop location is for reference only, and itineraries are subject to change.
12. Orlando Lightweight Mobility Scooter Rental
This rental service offers a hassle-free way to explore Orlando independently. Renters receive a fully charged electric scooter with battery charger included. The scooter is easy to transport and can be deconstructed to fit in most cars. Rental is available at Orlando area theme parks, resorts, and hotels. There’s no need to follow a group around, travelers can travel independently. The rental includes all fees and taxes as well as pickup or the option to head directly to the meeting point at 8600 Commodity Cir in Orlando. Deliveries can also be made to any residence within a 20-mile radius of the warehouse.
13. Orlando the Wheel at Icon Park Observation Wheel Options
Admire stunning aerial views of Orlando and central Florida’s landscape from 400 feet (120 meters) in the air on the tallest observation wheel on the East Coast at Icon Park. Enjoy the convenience of riding The Wheel anytime you want and choose from optional extras such as Madame Tussauds Orlando, SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando, Museum of Illusions Orlando, Pearl Express Train ride, and 7D Dark Ride Adventure. Each ride comes with an iPad in the capsule that provides insightful information about the sights and surroundings. This activity is perfect for the whole family and makes for an unforgettable experience while visiting Orlando.
14. Kennedy Space Center and Airboat Safari Tour
This tour takes you to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, an incredible institution that offers a lot to see and learn. Explore the launch control room, and see the Saturn V rocket which is the largest rocket ever to fly. Meet a real astronaut and walk underneath the enormous Saturn V rocket. Experience the incredible Space Shuttle Launch simulator and admire the Space Shuttle Atlantis in all its spectacular glory.
After the tour, embark on an airboat ride on the St. Johns River to discover the flora and fauna of the nearby swamps, including alligators! This exciting tour includes round-trip transportation from Orlando Kissimmee Disney or Lake Buena Vista, entry ticket to Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex, 30-minute airboat ride on the St. Johns River, 3D IMAX movie Magnificent Desolation, shuttle launch simulation, and many more highlights that make for a day of fun for the whole family.
15. Orlando Andretti Indoor Karting Attraction Ticket
Experience instant acceleration and feel the thrill of driving on the longest multi-level track in the world with the Andretti Indoor Karting attraction ticket in Orlando. Avoid Florida’s heat and humidity on this climate-controlled track as you drive on hairpin turns and long straightaways. Prior to driving, receive a detailed safety briefing to ensure your confidence while racing. Upgrade your experience by adding an arcade pass and activities like laser tag. This ticket includes a 10-minute safety briefing and one race on the multi-level course, with the option to add a 1-hour arcade game card and 2 experiences of laser tag. Hotel pickup and drop-off, as well as food and beverages, are included. Note that this experience is not suitable for those over 300 lbs.
16. Eat Play and Shop Discount Card
Experience Orlando’s top restaurants and shops with the Eat, Play, and Shop Discount Card. With over 100 participating locations, you can receive discounts of up to 50% on dining, attractions, and premium outlet stores. Start saving immediately upon digital card activation simply by downloading the app and entering the activation PIN provided. The card features an interactive map and a “What’s Near Me” function so you can easily find participating merchants. View detailed information on merchant offers, descriptions, websites, and contact information. Access your digital card without the need for data or WiFi and start exploring all that Orlando has to offer at a discounted rate.
17. Madame Tussauds Orlando
See life-size figures of your favorite celebrities at the Madame Tussauds Orlando wax museum with this pre-purchased admission. Admire over 200 lifelike models of A-list actors, sports stars, and political figures in themed rooms like A-List Party, Arts & Science, Music, Sports, and History & World Leaders. Touch and interact with the lifelike wax figures, each created by a team of artists over several months. Admire artifacts including clothing provided by the celebrities or replicas made by the original designers. You can also watch a video presentation about the history of Madame Tussauds. When booking, you have the option to upgrade to a 2- or 3-attraction pass to visit other Orlando attractions at the same location. Choose from optional upgrades that include combo admission to Icon Orlando or SEA LIFE Orlando. Book now to have a memorable trip to the Madame Tussauds Orlando wax museum.
18. Fun Spot America Orlando Admission Ticket
Fun Spot America Orlando Admission Ticket offers you a chance to experience unlimited access for one day at Orlando. You can feel the wind in your hair on Central Florida’s only wooden roller coasters and ride renowned White Lightning Orlando’s only wooden roller coaster. If you are an extreme thrill seeker, Fun Spot America is home to the world’s tallest and largest SkyCoaster which stands at 250 feet. You can also test your driving skills on the three or four-story tall go-karts or visit the state-of-the-art Splash Pad in Orlando, including slip-resistant soft flooring, interactive water toys, and spraying elements. Fun Spot America offers free admission for grandparents or non-riders, who can still enjoy plenty of things to see, do, and eat. You can enjoy delicious burgers, deep-fried Oreos, or funnel cakes topped with whipped cream or choose from the lighter options of salads and smoothies. The package includes free parking, making it more convenient to explore the amusement park.
19. St Augustine With Pirate and Treasure Museum
Spend the day discovering the Golden Age of Piracy and exploring the cobblestone streets of St. Augustine with a stop at the Pirate & Treasure Museum – The Ultimate Pirate Experience. See one of the world’s largest collections of authentic pirate artifacts and shipwreck treasures while enjoying plenty of time to wander the town’s shops, dine in one of its great restaurants, and admire the oldest town in the US. The museum, named one of the best in the world by the New York Post and others, features award-winning interactive exhibits that make it a fun and educational experience for the whole family. This tour includes round-trip transportation to St. Augustine, admission to the museum, driver/guide assistance, and free time to explore the town on your own. Please note that gratuities, food, and drink are not included. Get ready to fire a real cannon and have a blast on this adventure!
20. Clearwater Beach Day Trip from Orlando
Escape the crowds and queues of Orlando and spend a relaxing day on the beach with a Clearwater Beach Day Trip. Discover the beach voted #1 in the U.S. by Traveler’s Choice and enjoy convenient round-trip transportation from Orlando. Have lunch at a restaurant overlooking the ocean and let the sugary sands fall between your toes as you take a stroll down this gorgeous beach. Upgrade your tour to embark on a 2-hour boat cruise from Clearwater Bay into the clear blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico, or climb aboard the Sea Screamer for an unforgettable ride. Escape to white sugary sands and the calm water of Clearwater Beach with this perfect day trip from Orlando.
Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions about OrlandoOrlando is a city in Florida popularly known for its theme parks but there’s more to it than just that. Here are the top 10 frequently asked questions by tourists planning to visit Orlando.
1. What are the best theme parks in Orlando?Orlando is home to some of the best theme parks in the world. The most popular ones are Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and SeaWorld. Walt Disney World Resort is the largest and most visited theme park resort in the world, while Universal Studios Florida is where you can find The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
2. When is the best time to visit Orlando?The best time to visit Orlando is during the spring (April to May) and fall (September to November) when the temperatures are milder and the crowds are smaller. The summer months can be extremely hot and busy, and the winter months can be chilly.
3. How many days do I need to visit Orlando?To fully experience all that Orlando has to offer, it’s recommended that you spend at least a week. This will give you enough time to visit the various theme parks, explore the city, and relax.
4. What other attractions are there besides theme parks?Orlando has various other attractions besides theme parks. You can visit the Kennedy Space Center, the Orlando Science Center, or go on an airboat ride at the Everglades National Park. You can also explore the various museums, art galleries, and outdoor parks.
5. What are the best places to eat in Orlando?Orlando has a diverse culinary scene with something for everyone. Some of the best places to eat in Orlando are The Ravenous Pig, Victoria and Albert’s, and Bulla Gastrobar. For a more budget-friendly option, you can try out The Coop or The Rusty Spoon.
6. How can I get around in Orlando?The easiest way to get around Orlando is by renting a car since the city is spread out. There are also various shuttle services and public transportation options such as buses and trains.
7. Where are the best places to shop in Orlando?Orlando has various shopping options such as outlets, malls, and boutiques. Some of the best places to shop in Orlando are the Orlando International Premium Outlets, the Mall at Millenia, and the Florida Mall.
8. Can I visit Orlando on a budget?Yes, it’s possible to visit Orlando on a budget. Some tips include visiting during the off-season, using coupons or discount codes for theme parks, and staying in budget-friendly accommodations such as airbnbs or hostels.
9. Is Orlando family-friendly?Orlando is a family-friendly destination with various activities and attractions suitable for all ages. The theme parks, in particular, have rides and attractions suitable for young children and adults alike.
10. What is the weather like in Orlando?Orlando has a subtropical climate with hot and humid summers and mild winters. The average temperature during the summer is around 90 degrees Fahrenheit while in the winter it hovers around 60 degrees Fahrenheit.In conclusion, Orlando is a city that caters to all types of travelers with its various attractions, culinary scene, and shopping options. With proper planning and research, you can fully experience all that Orlando has to offer even on a budget.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in OrlandoIf you’re planning a trip to Orlando, you’re in for a treat. With so many theme parks, attractions, and things to do, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. In this guide, we’ll give you a breakdown of everything you need to know to make the most of your time as a tourist in Orlando.
1. Visit Theme ParksOrlando is known for its theme parks, and it’s a must-visit destination for thrill-seekers and families alike. The most popular theme parks in Orlando are:
Disney World is the largest and most popular theme park in Orlando. It’s divided into several parks, including Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. Each park has its own unique attractions, shows, and dining options. Make sure to plan ahead and book tickets and reservations in advance to avoid long lines.
Universal Studios is another popular theme park in Orlando. It’s divided into two parks, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure. The parks are famous for their thrill rides, such as the Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts roller coaster and the Hulk coaster.
SeaWorld is a marine-themed park that’s home to several aquatic animals, including dolphins, whales, and sea lions. The park features several shows, rides, and interactive exhibits.
2. Visit Water ParksOrlando is also known for its water parks, and they’re a great way to cool off during the hot summer months. Some of the most popular water parks in Orlando are:
Blizzard Beach is Disney’s water park, and it’s themed after a melting ski resort. The park features several water slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool.
Typhoon Lagoon is another water park owned by Disney. It’s themed after a tropical island that’s been hit by a typhoon. The park features several water slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool.
Volcano Bay is Universal Studio’s water park, and it’s home to several water rides, a lazy river, and a wave pool. The park is themed after a Polynesian island that’s centered around a giant volcano.
3. Visit Other AttractionsAside from theme parks and water parks, there are several other attractions in Orlando that are worth visiting.
The Orlando Eye
The Orlando Eye is a giant Ferris wheel that offers stunning views of the cityscape. It’s located at ICON Orlando 360, which is home to several other attractions, such as Madame Tussauds and SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium.
Gatorland is a wildlife park that’s home to several alligators, crocodiles, and other reptiles. The park features several shows and interactive exhibits.
The Kennedy Space Center
The Kennedy Space Center is located about an hour away from Orlando, but it’s worth the trip. It’s a museum and education center that’s dedicated to space exploration.
4. Experience the NightlifeOrlando’s nightlife is just as exciting as its theme parks and attractions. Some of the most popular nightlife destinations in Orlando are:
CityWalk is Universal Studio’s entertainment district, and it’s home to several restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. It’s a great place to go if you’re looking for a fun night out.
International Drive is a popular tourist destination that’s lined with several shops, restaurants, and bars. It’s a great place to go if you’re looking to bar hop and meet new people.
Downtown Orlando is the city’s central business district, and it’s home to several bars and nightclubs that cater to a younger crowd.
Book Your Tour NowOrlando is a tourist’s dream destination, and there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for theme parks, water parks, attractions, nightlife, or a combination of all four, you’re sure to have a great time in Orlando. Just make sure to plan ahead, book tickets and reservations in advance, and have fun!
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.