Welcome to Side, one of the most beautiful coastal cities in Turkey. This charming city, located on the Mediterranean coast, offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. Side is a true gem of Turkish tourism with its long sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, and ancient ruins scattered throughout the city. Whether you’re a history buff, beachgoer, or a foodie, Side has something to offer for everyone. In this article, we’ll take you on a journey through some of the best attractions and things to do in Side. Are you ready to explore this magical city with us? Let’s dive in!
The 6 Best Things To Do Alone Side
- From Side Alanya City Tour With Boat Trip and Cable Car
- Istanbul Discovery by Flight from Side
- Side Green Lake Bus and Boat Tour
- Sapadere Canyon Full Day Tour from Side
- From Side Ormana Village Day Tour With Lunch
The 6 Best Things To Do Alone Side
1. From Side Alanya City Tour With Boat Trip and Cable Car
Explore Alanya with a hassle-free pickup and drop-off service from your hotel. Start with a visit to the city center bazaar where you can sharpen your bargaining skills before setting sail on a beautiful boat along the coastline. Take in the stunning scenery of Alanya Castle, Red Tower, Arsenal, City Walls, and Shipyards before hopping on a bus to reach Dim River for lunch. Enjoy a delectable open buffet lunch with various dishes to choose from, including grilled chicken, trout fish, kebab, pasta, and salad while sitting on the river pergolas. This tour promises a memorable experience of beautiful scenery and delicious food that you will never forget.
You will start your day with a pickup service from your hotel in the Side area antalya kemer. The pickup time is scheduled for 08:30 AM. Once you reach the diving center, you will receive instructions from the experienced instructors about using the scuba gear safely. You can then gear up and start your underwater adventure. The diving tour includes a delicious lunch, refreshing drinks, and you will have the opportunity to purchase photos and a DVD movie of your diving experience.
This tour can accommodate up to 30 travelers and is suitable for most participants. However, it is not recommended for travelers with serious medical conditions, back problems, or heart problems. The tour is also not wheelchair accessible.
You can cancel the tour and receive a full refund up to 24 hours before the scheduled start time. Any changes or cancellations made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted, and no refund will be provided. Please note that the cutoff time for cancellations and changes is based on the local time of the experience.
If you are looking for an adventurous way to explore the underwater world of Side, the diving tour is an excellent choice. Get ready to have a thrilling and unforgettable experience!
3. Istanbul Discovery by Flight from Side
Explore the bustling city of Istanbul on a full-day trip from Side. Enjoy the convenience and time-saving benefits of air travel as you make your way to historic landmarks such as the Topkapi Palace, which offers a fascinating glimpse into the opulent lifestyle of the Ottoman sultans. Take a guided tour of the city’s highlights and immerse yourself in its rich history and culture. Bargain for souvenirs at the lively Egyptian Bazaar, a covered market that’s been in operation since the 17th century. This all-inclusive tour covers all transport and airport transfers, ensuring a stress-free day of sightseeing. With hotel pickup and drop-off, professional guides, and additional sightseeing cruises on the Bosphorus, there’s no better way to experience Istanbul while you’re exploring Turkey’s Mediterranean coast.
4. Side Green Lake Bus and Boat Tour
Discover the natural beauty of Side and explore its ancient wonders with our full-day bus and boat tour. After being picked up by bus at your hotel, your guide will take you to Kulliye Mosque to learn about the history of Islam. Next, you’ll try traditional Turkish gozleme before heading to the Seleukia Ancient Roman City to experience its rich history. The tour then takes you to the Oymapınar Dam where you can take in stunning views of both Green Canyon and Green Lake. After your boat trip through Green Lake, you can stop for a relaxing lunch before visiting the Manavgat Waterfall for an optional swim. Finally, the tour concludes with a stop at an orange garden. This is a fantastic way to see the most popular places of Side all in one day.
5. Sapadere Canyon Full Day Tour from Side
Escape the city and explore the idyllic retreat of Sapadere Canyon on this full-day tour from Side. With hotel pickup and drop-off included, you’ll travel by minibus to the beautiful canyon, nestled away in the Taurus Mountains, and have plenty of time to walk around, explore the Güceler cave, and swim beneath the waterfalls. You’ll also get a 1-hour stop-off in Alanya, where you can take in the stunning views. Lunch is included, alongside the services of a German and English speaking guide. This small-group tour is perfect for anyone looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for a day. Please note that this tour is not wheelchair accessible and infants must sit on laps.
6. From Side Ormana Village Day Tour With Lunch
Explore the Taurus Mountains and traditional Turkish villages on the From Side Ormana Village Day Tour With Lunch. Your professional tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and take you on a scenic drive up to 1300 meters elevation, offering stunning views of the Green Canyon, Green Lake Manavgat, Side, and more. Visit the quaint villages of Avasun and Ürünlü, famous for their traditional button houses, and enjoy a stop at a typical village cafeteria.
The tour continues to the Ürünlü National Park, where you will take a boat trip through the largest subterranean sea in Turkey, located in the famous Cradle Cavern. Along with a transfer to and from your hotel, this tour includes an entrance fee and boat trip in the cave, along with lunch. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Turkey’s Taurus Mountains on this unforgettable day tour.
Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists about the City of SideIf you are planning to visit the beautiful city of Side in Turkey, you might have several questions in your mind about the city’s history, culture, food, beaches, and tourist attractions. In this blog post, we aim to answer some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about the city of Side.
1. What is the history of Side?Side is one of the oldest cities in Anatolia, Turkey, dating back to the 7th century BC. The city was initially a Greek colony and was later conquered by Alexander the Great. The Roman Empire also played a crucial role in the development of this city. The ruins of the ancient city still stand tall, including the massive amphitheater, the Agora, and the Temple of Apollo.
2. What are the best beaches in Side?Side boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in Turkey. The most popular beaches include the Side West Beach, which has crystal clear water and soft sands. The Side East Beach, which is a quieter alternative, and Kumkoy Beach, which is excellent for water sports enthusiasts.
3. What are the best places to visit in Side?Side is home to several historical and cultural attractions. The most popular tourist destinations include the Temple of Apollo, the Side Museum, the Agora, and the Ancient Amphitheater. You can also explore the Manavgat Waterfalls or take a boat tour of the Side harbor.
4. What is the local food of Side?The city of Side is renowned for its delicious Turkish cuisine. Some of the must-try dishes include the traditional Turkish kebab, meze, dolma, and baklava. You can also try the famous Turkish coffee and tea.
5. How do I get to Side?The closest airport to Side is Antalya International Airport, which is around 65 km away from the city center. You can hire a taxi or use public transportation to reach Side from the airport. There are also several buses and trains that connect Side to other cities in Turkey.
6. What is the weather like in Side?Side has a Mediterranean climate, characterized by hot and dry summers and mild winters. The best time to visit Side is from May to September when the weather is warm and sunny.
7. What are the best activities to do in Side?Apart from exploring historical and cultural attractions, there are several exciting activities to do in Side. You can go scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, or parasailing. You can also take a Turkish bath, go shopping in the local markets, or enjoy the nightlife in Side.
8. What are the best places to stay in Side?Side has a range of accommodation options to suit every budget and preference, from luxury resorts to budget-friendly hotels. Some of the most popular hotels include the Side Crown Palace, the Turquoise Resort Hotel & Spa, and the Alba Queen Hotel.In conclusion, Side is a beautiful city in Turkey with a rich history, stunning beaches, delicious food, and plenty of tourist attractions. We hope that this blog post has answered some of your most pressing questions about Side and helps you plan your next trip to this amazing city.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in SideSide is a charming town located in the Antalya province on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey. Known for its rich history and breathtaking natural scenery, it attracts tourists from all over the world. With so much to see and do, it’s essential to plan your itinerary carefully to make the most of your time here. In this guide, we’ll take you through various exciting activities and attractions you should consider while exploring Side.
1. Visit the Ancient Ruins of SideOne of the most notable features of Side is the ancient ruins located in the center of the town. The ruins date back to the Roman Empire and include a well-preserved amphitheater, a temple of Apollo, and a beautiful fountain. You can easily spend a few hours exploring these stunning ruins, taking in the history and culture of the area. Don’t forget to take your camera for some excellent photo opportunities.
2. Relax on the Beautiful BeachesSide has some beautiful beaches to relax and soak up the sun from the Mediterranean climate. One of the most popular beaches in Side is the Cleopatra Beach, located in the west of the town. Another beautiful beach is the Sorgun Beach, which offers a quieter experience and beautiful turquoise sea.
3. Take a Boat TourA great way to explore the natural wonders of Side is by taking a boat tour. The tours will take you along the coast, showing you gorgeous sea caves, the stunning views of the Taurus Mountains, and secluded beaches that are only accessible by boat. You can book a boat tour from any of the tour operators in Side.
4. Explore the Manavgat WaterfallsThe Manavgat Waterfalls are located just outside Side and offer a great opportunity to explore the natural beauty of the area. The falls are surrounded by lush forests and are a popular spot for picnics. You can swim in the pools around the waterfalls, take a boat tour, or even go rafting along the Manavgat river.
5. Discover Side MuseumSide Museum is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about the history of the area. Located in the old town, the museum houses a collection of artifacts from the Roman era, including sculptures, pottery, and coins. The exhibits are displayed in a chronological order, giving insight into the history of the town.
6. Visit the Temple of ApolloThe Temple of Apollo is an iconic feature of Side that attracts visitors from all over the world. Located at the heart of the ancient ruins, it’s an impressive structure that dates back to the 2nd century AD. The temple boasts a unique architecture with stunning columns adorned with intricate carvings on the top.
7. Go Shopping in the Old TownSide’s old town is a charming place to explore, with narrow streets and quaint buildings, selling traditional Turkish goods. You can find some excellent bargains on leather goods, handmade carpets, jewelry, spices, and souvenirs to take back home with you. It’s also an excellent opportunity to experience the local culture and cuisine.
8. Try Turkish CuisineTurkish cuisine is a must-try for any food lover. Side has numerous restaurants offering traditional Turkish cuisine. Some of the popular dishes include kebabs, pide (Turkish pizza), baklava, and Turkish ice cream. You can also try Turkish coffee, a unique experience you shouldn’t miss out on.
Book Your Tour NowSide is a fantastic destination that offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and natural scenery. With so much to do and see, you won’t be short of activities to fill up your itinerary. From exploring ancient ruins to relaxing on the beach, there’s something for everyone in Side. We highly recommend adding this charming town to your bucket list for your next holiday destination.
Table of Contents