Welcome to our comprehensive guide about the best attractions and things to do in the stunning coastal city of Alicante, Spain. Whether you’re seeking adventure, culture, or relaxation, Alicante offers a plethora of options for visitors of all ages and interests. With its gorgeous Mediterranean climate, pristine beaches, world-class restaurants, and rich history and architecture, Alicante is the perfect destination for anyone looking to experience the best of Spain. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the must-visit attractions and hidden gems that make Alicante such a unique and captivating city. So grab a café con leche and let’s dive in!
The 2 Best Things To Do And See In Alicante
- Alicante Beer Spa Experience With Tastings and Snacks
- Alicante Flyboarding Experience With Instructor Drink
The 2 Best Things To Do And See In Alicante
1. Alicante Beer Spa Experience With Tastings and Snacks
For those looking to add a unique twist to their vacation in Alicante, the Beer Spa Experience is a must-try. Unwind and relax as you indulge in a memorable experience drinking refreshing beer while submerged in a jacuzzi. Take advantage of additional amenities like the beer sauna and barley bed, all while enjoying traditional Spanish snacks. This experience offers the perfect opportunity to de-stress, leaving you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience on your next visit to Alicante.
2. Alicante Flyboarding Experience With Instructor Drink
Come and experience the thrill of flyboarding over the sea in Alicante with this tour. You will receive a briefing at Marmarela nightclub, where you will learn how to fly on the flyboard. This exciting activity is easy to learn and perform, and it will provide you with an adventure to remember. The tour includes a lifejacket and all necessary materials. Please note that this tour is not suitable for children under 16 years old and pregnant women. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enjoy doing flights and some acrobatics during your visit to Alicante.
The Most Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists about the City AlicanteAlicante, a beautiful city in southeastern Spain, is a popular holiday destination for many people. It’s no surprise that tourists have a lot of questions about the city as they plan their trips. Here are some of the most common questions and answers that can help you plan your perfect vacation in Alicante.
1. What is the best time to visit Alicante?Alicante enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with mild winters and hot summers. The best time to visit is between May and September when you can enjoy the warm temperatures and sunny weather. However, this is also the peak season, and the beaches and attractions can get crowded. If you prefer a quieter vacation, consider visiting in the off-season, from October to April.
2. What are the must-visit attractions in Alicante?Alicante has plenty of attractions that cater to all kinds of tourists. Some of the must-visit attractions include:
- Castle of Santa Barbara: A stunning castle located on Mount Benacantil that offers breathtaking views of the city and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Explanada de España: A beautiful promenade lined with palm trees and mosaic tiles.
- Basilica of Santa Maria: A historic church dating back to the 14th century
- El Postiguet Beach: A popular beach located in the heart of the city with plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby.
- MARQ Archaeological Museum: A fascinating museum that showcases the history of Alicante and the surrounding areas.
3. What is the best way to get around Alicante?Alicante has a modern public transportation system that includes buses, trams, and trains. The buses are the most convenient way of getting around the city, and they cover most of the tourist attractions. If you plan to visit the neighboring towns, consider taking the train or tram. Taxis are also available, but they can be more expensive than public transportation.
4. What are the best beaches in Alicante?Alicante has several beautiful beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports. Some of the best beaches include:
- El Postiguet Beach: The most popular beach in Alicante, with golden sands and crystal clear waters.
- San Juan Beach: A long sandy beach located on the outskirts of the city with plenty of amenities and water sports.
- La Almadraba Beach: A secluded beach with rocky coves and clear waters.
- Playa del Cocó: A quiet beach located in the heart of the city, perfect for families with children.
5. What is the local cuisine like in Alicante?Alicante is famous for its delicious Mediterranean cuisine, which is primarily based on seafood and rice dishes. Some of the must-try dishes include paella, arroz a banda, and fideuà. You can also try the local fish, such as red mullet, sea bream, and anchovies. Don’t forget to try the local wines, such as Monastrell or Moscatel.
6. What are the best day trips from Alicante?Alicante is a perfect base for exploring the surrounding areas, and there are plenty of day trips that you can take. Some of the best day trips include:
- Elche: A beautiful town famous for its palm groves and the Palmeral of Elche, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Guadalest: A picturesque village located in the mountains, with stunning views and a beautiful castle.
- Villajoyosa: A colorful coastal town famous for its chocolate factories and historic center.
- Tabarca Island: A beautiful island located a short boat ride away from the city, with crystal clear waters and excellent snorkeling.