Antwerp is a mesmerizing destination with its beautiful architecture, rich culture, and eventful history. Located in the northern region of Belgium, this city has something to offer to everyone. Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, or an art enthusiast, there are countless attractions and things to do in Antwerp that will captivate you. In this blog post, we have compiled a list of the best things to see and do while exploring this alluring city. From famous museums and stunning cathedrals to trendy bars and shops, this guide will help you discover the heart of Antwerp. So, let’s dive into the best attractions and things to do in Antwerp.
The 2 Best Things To Do Around Antwerp
The 2 Best Things To Do Around Antwerp
1. 3 Hours Bike Tours in Antwerp
See where Belgium’s rich history and modern outlook meet and discover Antwerp’s major attractions with ease on this 3-hour bicycle tour. Hop into the saddle and follow your guide on an exciting city tour as you take in landmarks including Antwerp’s Central Station, the Scheldt River, and the Museum of Fine Art. On this tour, you’ll discover what the locals love most about their city. Bring a snack to fuel your spin through Antwerp’s ancient streets and pristine parks as your local guide sheds light on Antwerp’s history and heritage, and soak up the atmosphere in this bustling corner of Flanders. The bike rental, professional local guide, and helmet (if desired) are included in this excellent value for money tour. Join this bike tour to absorb the local atmosphere, get inside tips from a local, and enjoy the informative, friendly, and professional guide. Meet at Cyclant, Antwerp Central Train Station Pelikaanstraat 3 2018 Antwerpen, Belgium.
2. Antwerp City Exploration Game the Alchemist
Antwerp is a city full of history and mystery waiting to be discovered. One exciting way to explore the city is through the Antwerp City Exploration Game the Alchemist. Whether you’re with family or friends, this urban escape game promises to be an adventure like no other. With the help of a mobile application, you’ll solve riddles and complete various missions while exploring the highlights and hidden gems of Antwerp.
The game is set in 1555 when strange phenomena are happening in the city. Your team witnesses the arrest of Josyne, a villager accused of witchcraft by the city guards. Your task is to distinguish between true and false, to examine clues from various places you visit, and to meet various witnesses. In the end, you’ll organize Josyne’s trial to find out the truth. Will you defend her or support the accusation of witchcraft?
Explore Antwerp in a fun way and immerse yourself in its history with the Antwerp City Exploration Game the Alchemist. It’s time for your adventure to begin!
Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists About the City AntwerpAntwerp, a beautiful city in Belgium, is a popular tourist destination for its rich cultural heritage, charming atmosphere, beautiful architecture, and delicious waffles. However, like any other travel destination, tourists may have a few queries about Antwerp. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most common questions asked by tourists about the city and provide you with the answers.
1. What is the Best Way to Get to Antwerp?Antwerp is well connected to other parts of Belgium and Europe via air, rail, and road transport. It has an international airport and is accessible by train from almost all major cities in Belgium, the Netherlands, and France. You can also take the bus or drive to Antwerp from nearby cities.
2. Where Are the Best Places to Stay in Antwerp?Antwerp has a wide variety of accommodation options for tourists, ranging from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels. Some of the best neighborhoods to stay in Antwerp are the historic city center, Zurenborg, and the trendy South district. The city also has a range of charming bed and breakfasts and apartments for tourists who prefer more home-like comforts during their stay.
3. What Are the Must-See Attractions in Antwerp?Antwerp is famous for its beautiful architecture and rich cultural heritage. Some of the must-visit attractions in Antwerp are:
- The Cathedral of Our Lady
- The Antwerp Central Station
- The Rubenshuis Museum
- The Museum Plantin-Moretus
- The MAS Museum
- The Antwerp Zoo
4. What is the Best Way to Explore Antwerp?Antwerp is a walkable city, and you can explore most of its attractions on foot. However, if you prefer to see the city from a different perspective, you can take a boat tour along the Scheldt River or hire a bike and cycle around the city. The city also has an excellent public transport system, which includes trams, buses, and a metro, making it easy for tourists to get around.
5. What Are the Best Times to Visit Antwerp?The best time to visit Antwerp is during the spring (April-May) and autumn (September-October) when the weather is mild and pleasant, and the crowds are thinner. However, summer (June-August) is also a popular time to visit Antwerp, as the city hosts many festivals and events during this period. Winter (December-February) can be chilly, but the city’s festive atmosphere during the holiday season is something to experience.
6. What Are the Best Food and Drink Options in Antwerp?Antwerp is famous for its waffles, chocolate, and beer. The city has a wide range of restaurants, cafes, and pubs that offer traditional Belgian cuisine, including mussels, fries, and waffles. Some of the best places to try these dishes are the famous Frites Atelier, the Michelin-starred The Jane, and the trendy Bar Paniek. For beer lovers, Antwerp has a wide selection of local and international beers to choose from, with some of the best beer bars being Kulminator and ‘t Antwaerps Bierhuiske.
7. What Are Some Unique Things to Do in Antwerp?Antwerp has several unique experiences that tourists can indulge in during their visit. Some of the best things to do in Antwerp are:
- Visit the Antwerp Diamond District and learn about the city’s diamond-cutting heritage.
- Enjoy a Belgian chocolate-making workshop.
- Take a spin on the historic Ferris wheel at the Steenplein.
- Marvel at the street art and graffiti in Borgerhout.
- Explore the city’s underground tunnels on a guided tour.