Welcome to the Garden State of New Jersey – a state that has something for everyone. Whether you are a history buff, a nature enthusiast, a foodie, or a beach bum, New Jersey offers a plethora of attractions and activities that will suit your interests. From the towering skyscrapers of the city to the serene countryside, New Jersey has a diverse range of landscapes that you can explore. In this blog post, we have curated a list of the best attractions and things to do in New Jersey that will help you plan your itinerary and make the most of your trip. So, let’s dive in and discover the gems of the Garden State!
The 2 Best Things To Do With Family In New Jersey
The 2 Best Things To Do With Family In New Jersey
1. The Philadelphia Sightseeing Pass
See the City of Brotherly Love on your own terms with a flexible Philadelphia Sightseeing Pass. Choose from 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 of the included attractions, museums, and tours, and customize your itinerary to suit your interests. Your Pass gives you entry to some of Philadelphia’s top attractions like the National Liberty Museum and access to exciting tours, from historical walking tours to pub crawls. With instant delivery, you can start using your Pass right away and explore Philadelphia’s must-see sights at your own pace. Choose from over 25 included options and discover the best that Philadelphia has to offer with the Philadelphia Sightseeing Pass.
2. Central Park Tour
Take in stunning views of some of New York City’s top attractions on this quick helicopter sightseeing tour. From the comfort of a helicopter, enjoy unparalleled views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Empire State Building. Fly over Manhattan’s iconic Central Park and take in the waterfront vistas along the Hudson River. This helicopter experience takes less than an hour, making it easy to fit into your day. Enjoy a personal experience on this tour with no more than six travelers. The tour includes the helicopter tour, but keep in mind that there is a $50.00 per person late fee for failing to arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled flight time, and a $100.00 per person late fee for arriving 30 minutes or less prior to scheduled flight time. Additionally, there is a $45.00 heliport fee per person that must be paid on site on the day of travel. The meeting point for the tour is located at 78 John Miller Way.
Frequently Asked Questions about New JerseyAs one of the most densely populated states in the U.S., New Jersey is a destination that attracts millions of travelers every year. Visitors are drawn to the state’s diverse culture, beautiful landscapes, and bustling cities. However, if you’re planning a trip to New Jersey, you may have a lot of questions about what to do, where to stay, and how to navigate the state. In this post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about New Jersey.
What are some popular tourist destinations in New Jersey?New Jersey has a lot to offer tourists, whether you’re interested in outdoor activities or cultural attractions. Here are some of the most popular destinations in the state:
Jersey ShoreFor many people, the Jersey Shore is one of the main reasons to visit New Jersey. This 130-mile stretch of coastline boasts some of the best beaches on the East Coast, as well as boardwalks, amusement parks, and other attractions. Popular destinations on the Jersey Shore include Cape May, Atlantic City, and Point Pleasant.
Liberty State ParkLocated in Jersey City, Liberty State Park is a must-visit destination for those interested in history and outdoor recreation. The park offers stunning views of the New York City skyline, as well as access to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
The MeadowlandsIf you’re a sports fan, you won’t want to miss the Meadowlands sports complex in East Rutherford. This area is home to MetLife Stadium, which is the home of the NFL’s New York Giants and New York Jets. There’s also the Meadowlands Racetrack for horse racing, and the American Dream mega-mall which has some of the best shopping and entertainment experiences in the state.
What is the best time of year to visit New Jersey?The answer to this question depends on what you want to do in New Jersey. If you’re interested in outdoor activities like beach-going, hiking, or camping, the summer months (June-August) are ideal. However, this is also the peak tourist season, so expect crowds and higher prices.If you’re interested in cultural attractions or holiday events, the fall and winter months (September-December) are a great time to visit. The weather is cooler, but you’ll find plenty of festivals and events to enjoy. Spring (March-May) is also a good time to visit New Jersey, especially if you want to experience the beauty of the state’s natural landscapes.
What is the best way to get around New Jersey?New Jersey is well-connected to neighboring states and major cities, so getting around is relatively easy. If you’re arriving at one of the major airports (Newark, JFK, or LaGuardia), you can rent a car and drive to your destination. However, be aware that traffic can be heavy in certain areas, especially during rush hour.The state also has a good public transportation system, including buses and trains that connect major cities and towns. New Jersey Transit is the biggest provider in the state, with tickets available for purchase on their website or at kiosks located in transportation hubs.Another option to get around the state is by Uber or Lyft, which are available throughout New Jersey. This is especially useful if you plan to visit cities and don’t want to navigate through unfamiliar streets.
What are some popular food and drink options in New Jersey?New Jersey is famous for its diners and it’s a big part of the state’s culture. These 24-hour eateries serve everything from classic breakfast dishes to sandwiches to full steak dinners. Some of the most popular diners in the state include the Tick Tock Diner in Clifton, the Summit Diner in Summit, and Mastori’s Diner in Bordentown.For those interested in local beer and spirits, New Jersey has several breweries, wineries, and distilleries to explore. Some popular options include Cape May Brewing Company, Flying Fish Brewing Company, and Tomfoolery Brewing.If you’re looking for something sweet, New Jersey is also known for its unique treats such as saltwater taffy, pork roll, and tomato pies. Be sure to stop by a local bakery or café during your visit to try some of these delicious treats.
What are some of the best outdoor activities in New Jersey?New Jersey’s diverse landscapes and natural beauty make it an ideal destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Here are some great outdoor activities to enjoy during your visit:
Hiking and CampingNew Jersey has several state parks and forests that are ideal for hiking and camping. Some popular options include High Point State Park, Wharton State Forest, and Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
Beach-goingNew Jersey has some of the best beaches on the East Coast, with options ranging from quiet, secluded coves to bustling boardwalks. Some popular beaches include Cape May Beach, Point Pleasant Beach, and Seaside Heights Beach.
Fishing and BoatingNew Jersey has plenty of opportunities for fishing and boating, whether you’re interested in deep-sea fishing or exploring the state’s many lakes and rivers. Some popular spots for fishing and boating include the Delaware River, Jersey Shore, and Lake Hopatcong.In conclusion, New Jersey is a state with a lot to offer, from beautiful natural landscapes to bustling cities. Whether you’re interested in cultural attractions, outdoor activities or fantastic dining options, you’re sure to find something to enjoy during your visit. With this guide, you should be well-prepared for your trip to the Garden State.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in New JerseyNew Jersey is a beautiful state located on the East Coast of the United States. With its diverse landscape, rich history, Atlantic Ocean beaches, and bustling cities, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you are a foodie, history buff, beach bum, or nature lover, here is a guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in New Jersey.
1. Visit Atlantic CityAtlantic City is a bustling seaside resort city known for its iconic boardwalk, world-class casinos, and glitzy nightlife. A must-visit attraction is the Steel Pier, an amusement park with thrilling rides, games, and live entertainment. The beach is also a great place to sunbathe, swim, and stroll along the shore.
Activities in Atlantic City:
- Visit the Steel Pier amusement park
- Go shopping on the famous boardwalk
- Try your luck at the casinos
- Relax on the beach
2. Explore Cape MayCape May is a charming seaside resort town located at the southernmost tip of New Jersey. It is known for its Victorian architecture, beautiful beaches, and quaint shops and restaurants. Take a stroll through the historic district, book a sunset sail, or rent a bike and explore the scenic bike paths.
Activities in Cape May:
- Take a walking tour of the historic district
- Enjoy a sunset sail
- Rent a bike and explore the scenic bike trails
- Relax on the beautiful beaches
3. Visit Liberty State ParkLiberty State Park is a sprawling park located in Jersey City. It offers stunning views of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty. Take a ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, or explore the park’s many trails, picnic areas, and recreational activities.
Activities in Liberty State Park:
- Take a ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Enjoy a picnic in one of the many picnic areas
- Explore the park’s trails
- Rent a bike and bike along the Hudson River waterfront
4. Visit PrincetonPrinceton is a picturesque college town located in central New Jersey. It is home to Princeton University, one of the world’s most prestigious universities. Take a tour of the campus, visit the art museum, or explore the quaint downtown area with its many shops and restaurants.
Activities in Princeton:
- Take a tour of Princeton University
- Visit the Princeton University Art Museum
- Explore the downtown area with its many shops and restaurants
- Take a stroll through the beautiful campus
5. Visit the Delaware Water GapThe Delaware Water Gap is a stunning natural wonder located on the border between New Jersey and Pennsylvania. It offers hiking and camping opportunities, as well as stunning vistas of the Delaware River and surrounding mountains.
Activities at the Delaware Water Gap:
- Go hiking on one of the many trails
- Go camping in one of the park’s campgrounds
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the park with many overlooks to stop and take in the views
- Kayak or canoe the Delaware River
6. Visit the Jersey ShoreThe Jersey Shore is a popular summer destination for many Americans. It is known for its bustling boardwalks, amusement parks, and beautiful beaches. Visit popular shore towns like Wildwood, Ocean City, or Asbury Park, or explore some of the lesser-known beaches like Sandy Hook.
Activities at the Jersey Shore:
- Visit a popular boardwalk like Wildwood or Ocean City
- Go to an amusement park like Morey’s Piers
- Relax on the beautiful beaches
- Explore some of the historic lighthouses along the coast
Book Your Tour NowNew Jersey is a diverse and exciting state with something for everyone. Whether you’re a beach bum, history buff, or nature lover, there are plenty of things to do and places to explore. Be sure to visit Atlantic City, Cape May, Liberty State Park, Princeton, the Delaware Water Gap, and the Jersey Shore for an unforgettable vacation.
Table of Contents