Kennebunkport is a charming coastal town in Maine, known for its stunning beaches, picturesque harbors, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re a local or a first-time visitor, there are plenty of attractions and things to do in Kennebunkport that will keep you entertained throughout your stay. From exploring the town’s rich maritime history to taking in the beautiful scenery, there’s something for everyone in Kennebunkport. In this post, we’ll highlight some of the best attractions and things to do in Kennebunkport that you won’t want to miss on your next visit.
The 2 Best Things to Do with Kids in Kennebunkport
The 2 Best Things to Do with Kids in Kennebunkport
1. Kennebunkport 2 Hour Historical Walking Tour
Step into the quiet neighborhoods of the first residents during this 2-hour guided walking tour through the historic district of Kennebunkport Maine. Learn from your local guide about the interesting history of the town as well as amusing anecdotes from the days of being a flourishing shipbuilding town.
The tour begins at the Dock Square and will immediately take you back in time to the thriving shipbuilding days of Kennebunkport Maine. Stroll along Maine Street and weave your way through side streets seeing the homes of the shipbuilders and merchants of the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Your expert guide will tell you the fascinating history fun stories and interesting facts of the area.
Learn how “Poor Arundel” as it was known in 1743 become one of the wealthiest. After the tour indulge in a sweet treat to crown the walk. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore historic Kennebunkport during this guided walking tour with an expert local guide.
2. Kennebunkport Maine Lunchtime Culinary Walking Tour
Explore the culinary delights of Kennebunkport, Maine during this 2.5-hour guided walking tour. You’ll get to taste local flavors such as chowder, lobster, and craft beer, all sourced from the region and prepared by local talent. Along the way, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will take you to several venues where you can sip, taste, and learn about the culinary scene in this charming waterfront town. As you stroll around, you’ll also get to enjoy beautiful sights of the ocean and the town. This tour is perfect for visitors who want to experience the history, culture, and cuisine of Kennebunkport, Maine.
Frequently Asked Questions About KennebunkportIf you’re planning a trip to Kennebunkport, Maine, you may have some questions about the area. Below are the most commonly asked questions from tourists visiting this beautiful coastal town.
1. What is Kennebunkport known for?Kennebunkport is known for its stunning coastal scenery, beautiful beaches, and historic landmarks. The town is also famous for its seafood, including lobster, clams, and other fresh catches.
2. What is the best time of year to visit Kennebunkport?The best time to visit Kennebunkport is during the summer months when the weather is warmer and there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. However, the fall season offers beautiful foliage and the winter brings holiday festivities and snow-covered landscapes. It truly depends on what type of experience you’re looking for.
3. What are some popular beaches to visit in Kennebunkport?Some popular beaches in Kennebunkport include Goose Rocks Beach, Gooch’s Beach, and Kennebunk Beach. Each offers a unique experience, whether you’re looking for a quiet getaway or a lively beach scene.
4. What are the best historical landmarks to see in Kennebunkport?Kennebunkport has a rich history that is still visible today. Some popular historical landmarks to see include the George Bush Compound, the White Columns Museum, and the Wedding Cake House. Visitors can also take a stroll through the historic district to see well-preserved Colonial-era homes.
5. What are some popular outdoor activities in Kennebunkport?Kennebunkport offers plenty of outdoor activities, from hiking and biking to fishing and kayaking. Visitors can also take a scenic drive along Ocean Avenue or take a boat tour to see the area’s picturesque coastline.
6. What are some popular restaurants in Kennebunkport?Kennebunkport is famous for its seafood, and visitors can find plenty of delicious options at local restaurants. Some popular spots include The Clam Shack, Arundel Wharf Restaurant, and David’s KPT.
7. What are some unique shops and boutiques to visit in Kennebunkport?Visitors can find a variety of unique shops and boutiques in Kennebunkport, from art galleries to specialty food stores. Some popular spots include Abacus, Daytrip Society, and Auntie’s House Bakery and Gifts.
8. What are some family-friendly activities to do in Kennebunkport?There are plenty of family-friendly activities in Kennebunkport, including visiting the Seashore Trolley Museum, taking a horse-drawn carriage ride, or going on a whale watching tour. Families can also enjoy spending time at the beach or exploring some of the area’s local parks and nature reserves.
9. What are some luxury accommodations in Kennebunkport?Kennebunkport offers a variety of luxury accommodations, from elegant hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts. Some popular options include the Cape Arundel Inn & Resort, The Tides Beach Club, and The White Barn Inn & Spa.
10. How can I get around Kennebunkport?Kennebunkport is a small town that can be easily explored on foot or by bicycle. Visitors can also rent a car or take a taxi to get around the area. Some hotels and inns also offer shuttle services for guests.In conclusion, Kennebunkport is a lovely coastal town full of natural beauty, history, and delicious seafood. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach getaway, a scenic drive, or a family-friendly adventure, Kennebunkport has something to offer everyone.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in KennebunkportIf you are planning a trip to Kennebunkport, Maine, you are in for a treat. This charming coastal town has a lot to offer to tourists, from beautiful beaches to quaint shops and excellent restaurants. Here is a guide on how to spend your time in Kennebunkport.
Day 1Start your day early by visiting Dock Square, the heart of downtown Kennebunkport. Take a stroll around the square and admire the architecture of the historic buildings. Grab a coffee and a pastry at Mornings in Paris or a breakfast sandwich at The Wayfarer. After breakfast, head to the nearby Seashore Trolley Museum, where you can take a ride on a historic trolley and learn about the history of public transportation in Maine. For lunch, head to the Clam Shack, a local institution known for its delicious fried clams and lobster rolls. In the afternoon, visit the Kennebunkport Historical Society to learn more about the town’s rich history. The society has a museum and many events throughout the year, including walking tours and lectures. End your day with a visit to the Cape Porpoise Pier, a picturesque fishing village located a few miles away from Kennebunkport. Have dinner at the Pier 77 Restaurant and enjoy the sunset over the harbor.
Day 2Start your day by visiting one of Kennebunkport’s many beaches. Gooch’s Beach and Mother’s Beach are both popular choices, but there are several other options as well. After some time on the beach, head to the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge, located just a few miles away from Kennebunkport. The refuge is a great place to hike and spot local wildlife, such as eagles and ospreys. For lunch, head to All Day Breakfast, a casual spot that serves breakfast items all day long. In the afternoon, take a scenic drive along Ocean Avenue, which offers stunning views of the Maine coastline. Stop at Walker’s Point, the summer home of the Bush family, to take a photo. For dinner, head to the White Barn Inn Restaurant, one of the best restaurants in Kennebunkport. The restaurant offers a fine dining experience and a tasting menu that changes seasonally.
Day 3Start your day with a cruise along the Kennebunk River. Several companies offer boat tours that showcase the town’s scenic waterways and offer views of local wildlife.After the boat tour, head to the Franciscan Monastery, located just a few minutes away from downtown Kennebunkport. The monastery has beautiful gardens and walking trails that offer a peaceful escape. For lunch, head to Arundel Wharf Restaurant, which offers waterfront dining and a menu that features local seafood.In the afternoon, visit some of the local shops in Dock Square, such as Dock Square Clothiers or Daytrip Society. End your day with a visit to the Batson River Brewing and Distilling, located just outside of Kennebunkport. The brewery has a taproom that offers beer and spirits tastings, as well as a food menu.
Book Your Tour NowKennebunkport is a charming coastal town with plenty to offer. Whether you spend your time on the beach, exploring local museums, or enjoying the local cuisine, you are sure to have a wonderful time. Use this guide to plan your trip and make the most of your time in Kennebunkport.
Table of Contents