Arusha is a beautiful city located in Northern Tanzania that is famous for its natural beauty, wildlife reserves, and cultural heritage. Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, Arusha has something to offer for everyone. From the snow-capped peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro to the stunning Serengeti National Park, this city has a lot of attractions that are sure to leave you in awe. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best things to do and see in Arusha. So, buckle up and get ready to explore the beautiful city of Arusha!
The 7 Best Things You Have To Do In Arusha
- 2 Days 1 Night Tarangire Ngorongoro Crater
- 3 Days Camping Safari Tarangire Ngorongoro Lake Manyara National Park
- Mount Kilimanjaro Day Trip Via Marangu Route
- 4 Days Best Safari from Tarangire Ngorongoro Crater to Serengeti in Tanzania
- The Big 5
- 2 Days 1 Night Camping Safari Tarangire Ngorongoro Crater
- Arusha Tarangire National Park Full Day Wildlife Safari
The 7 Best Things You Have To Do In Arusha
1. 2 Days 1 Night Tarangire Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast, the driver-guide will collect the guests and take them on a 3-hour drive from Moshi to Tarangire National Park. The park is named after the Tarangire River, which is the sole source of water for wild animals during the dry seasons. The park is famous for its vast number of elephants, baobab trees, and tree-climbing African pythons, covering an area of approximately 2850 square kilometers. Guests will enjoy a day of game viewing, with a picnic lunch break overlooking the river. After a nice game drive, guests will be taken to the lodge or campsite for dinner and an overnight stay. On day two, after breakfast, guests will drive to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area for more thrills of viewing African wildlife. The 2-day Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater safari offers guests the opportunity to explore two destinations in a short trip.
2. 3 Days Camping Safari Tarangire Ngorongoro Lake Manyara National Park
This three-day camping safari takes you through three of Tanzania’s most incredible national parks: Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater, and Lake Manyara. You’ll be traveling in a Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 with a pop-up roof, ensuring you have the best possible views of the stunning landscapes and wildlife.
On Day 1, we’ll depart from Moshi and head to Lake Manyara National Park, where you’ll get to see a vast array of wildlife, from lions and elephants to flamingos and pelicans. We’ll stop off for lunch before continuing on to our campsite for the night.
On Day 2, we’ll take a short drive to the Ngorongoro Crater, one of Africa’s most astounding natural wonders. This dense concentration of wildlife includes lions, hyenas, wildebeests, and rhinos, along with large herds of zebras and gazelles. We’ll spend the day exploring the crater before heading to our next campsite.
On Day 3, we’ll rise early to explore Tarangire National Park. This park is home to an immense population of elephants, along with giraffes, leopards, and buffalo. We’ll take a break for lunch before beginning our journey back to Moshi, where we’ll return you to your hotel or another pre-arranged location.
The tour includes all fees and taxes, a Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 with pop up roof, six window seats, and power adapters. Airport pickup and drop off is available if applicable. Please note that flights, visas, health and travel insurance, and personal spending money are not included in the tour price.
To join the tour, you can head directly to the meeting point in Arusha or request a pickup from a specific location. Our excellent local knowledge ensures that we will find you wherever you are. The tour starts at 3:00 AM and ends back at the meeting point. If you require airport pickup, our team will be waiting for you with a sign bearing your name.
3. Mount Kilimanjaro Day Trip Via Marangu Route
Head out on a hiking adventure at one of Africa’s formidable landmarks with this day trip tour to Mount Kilimanjaro via the Marangu route. This tour is perfect for travelers with limited time or those who may not be physically fit enough to climb to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. During this tour, you’ll experience the beauty of Mount Kilimanjaro – a must-visit attraction in Tanzania, see native vegetation, and local wildlife as you climb through the rainforest. Other inclusions in this tour are lunch, bottled water, private transportation, VISA fees, and gratuities. Hotel pickup and drop-off in Arusha and Moshi are also included. To join this tour, simply select a pickup point and confirm the time with the local provider in advance of your experience.
4. 4 Days Best Safari from Tarangire Ngorongoro Crater to Serengeti in Tanzania
Explore Tarangire National Park, Serengeti National Park, and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania in just four days. This private tour includes lunch and dinner, all fees and taxes, and pickup from your hotel in Arusha. On day one, travel from Arusha to Tarangire National Park, where you will have the opportunity to see a variety of wildlife. Move on to Serengeti National Park on day two and enjoy another full day of game drives. On day three, visit the Ngorongoro Crater, home to a variety of animals including lions, zebras, and hippos. The tour ends on day four with a transfer back to Arusha. Please note that this tour is not wheelchair accessible and not recommended for pregnant travelers. Cancellation is free up to 24 hours in advance.
5. The Big 5
This 6-day tour of Tanzania’s northern circuit highlights, named ‘The Big 5’, is the perfect way to experience the best of Tanzania’s wildlife. With a single booking, you will have all of your lodging, food, and transportation taken care of. You will visit top natural attractions including the Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater with ease as your guide will assist with logistics every step of the way. The tour is packed with safari game drives, so be ready to spot animals like elephants, lions, and gazelles in the wild. Accommodation, breakfast, lunch, alcoholic drinks (available to purchase), and souvenir photos (available to purchase) are included. The tour starts at 8:00 AM with pickup at Jambo Rooms Karatu in Arusha. With a mix of highly-rated hotel and camping accommodation, you will save money while experiencing Tanzania’s best attractions. Book ‘The Big 5’ tour now to make unforgettable memories!
6. 2 Days 1 Night Camping Safari Tarangire Ngorongoro Crater
This two-day camping safari tour is perfect for travelers who are short on time but want to experience the best of Tanzania’s outdoor attractions. You will visit both Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, two must-see destinations known for their native wildlife. With small-group game drives, you’ll have the best chance to spot elephants and other animals in both locations. Plus, accommodation and all meals are included in the itinerary, so there are no hidden costs. Pickup from any hotel in Arusha is free, but additional charges will apply if you need to be picked up outside of the city or at the airport. Book now to experience the most of Tanzania’s natural beauty in just two days!
7. Arusha Tarangire National Park Full Day Wildlife Safari
Discover the beauty of the Tarangire National Park on this wildlife safari day-trip from Arusha. Marvel at the large number of elephants that call this park home and witness herds of up to 300 animals roaming the savannah. Keep an eye out for other local specialties such as tree-climbing lions and rock pythons. Your professional English-speaking guide will provide expert insights into the animals and the park’s history. As you drive through the park, the high number of scenic baobab trees is sure to catch your eye. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to experience one of Tanzania’s most spectacular destinations.
Frequently Asked Questions About Arusha, TanzaniaIf you’re planning a trip to Tanzania, you’ll most likely want to visit Arusha at some point. Located in the northern part of the country, this city serves as the gateway to some of Tanzania’s most famous attractions such as Mount Kilimanjaro and the Serengeti National Park. With so much to see and do, you’re bound to have some questions. In this post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Arusha.
1. Where is Arusha located?Arusha is located in northern Tanzania, near the border with Kenya. It is the capital city of the Arusha Region and is situated at the foot of Mount Meru.
2. How do I get to Arusha?There are a few ways to get to Arusha. The easiest and most common way is to fly into Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), which is located approximately 45 minutes from Arusha. From there, you can take a taxi, shuttle, or private car to your accommodation. You can also travel by bus or car from other parts of Tanzania or from neighboring Kenya.
3. What is the best time to visit Arusha?The best time to visit Arusha is during the dry season, which runs from June to October. This is when temperatures are cooler, and there is less chance of rain. However, keep in mind that this is also the busiest time of the year for tourism, so prices may be higher and accommodations may be harder to find. If you’re looking for fewer crowds, consider visiting during the shoulder seasons of January to March or November to December.
4. What is the currency in Arusha?The official currency in Tanzania is the Tanzanian shilling (TZS). It’s best to bring US dollars with you, as they are widely accepted and can be easily exchanged for shillings. You can exchange money at banks, exchange bureaus or hotels. Credit cards are accepted at most major hotels, restaurants, and stores, but it’s always a good idea to have cash on hand for smaller purchases.
5. What are the top things to see and do in Arusha?Arusha has plenty of attractions for visitors. Some of the top things to see and do include:
- Go on a safari in Serengeti National Park
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Visit the Arusha National Park
- Take a cultural tour to a Maasai village
- Explore the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Visit Lake Manyara National Park
- Shop at the Maasai Market