Tenerife is one of those destinations that needs to be added to every traveler’s bucket list. Known for its breathtaking landscapes, year-round sunshine, and rich cultural heritage, Tenerife has something to offer for everyone. From the stunning beaches and vibrant nightlife to the lush green forests and historic villages, the island has a diverse range of attractions and activities waiting to be explored. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at the best things to do and see in Tenerife, so you can start planning your dream vacation today.
The 14 Best Things You Must Do In Tenerife
- San Miguel De Abona Shrimp Dive Package 2 Dives
- Grand Tour Tenerife Full Day Private Vip Tour
- Tenerife Siam Water Park Full Day Vip Entry Ticket
- Tenerife Beer Spa Experience With Tastings and Snacks
- Loro Parque Entrance Ticket
- Loro Parque Siam Park 1 Ticket 2 Attractions
- Tenerife Twin Ticket Loro Parque Siam Park Bus
- Puerto De La Cruz Friends and Couples Phone Adventure Date
- Fly Fish
- Siam Park Admission Ticket
- From Arona Tenerife Quad Bike Off Road Adventure
- Santa Cruz De Tenerife Pyramids of Guimar Ethnographic Park
- Tenerife Admission Tickets for Aqualand Costa Adeje
- Tenerife 4 Hour Gauchinche Food Tour
The 14 Best Things You Must Do In Tenerife
1. San Miguel De Abona Shrimp Dive Package 2 Dives
Head to the sunny Golf del Sur in Tenerife for an unforgettable scuba diving experience. Explore more than 20 different dive sites and enjoy 30 meters of visibility in the warm and crystalline waters of the wild ocean of Tenerife. With a 100% safety record and a marine biologist to satisfy your curiosity, this exclusive service offers you customized dive profiles according to your experience level. Choose from a wide selection of Mares brand equipment and embark on two dives with no time limits and small groups of up to six divers. Book now for an amazing shrimp dive package!
2. Grand Tour Tenerife Full Day Private Vip Tour
Enjoy the ultimate Tenerife experience with a full day private VIP tour. Leave crowded buses behind and travel in a comfortable private air-conditioned vehicle with your own personal driver/guide. Start the day with a convenient hotel pickup and explore the island’s top sights at your own pace. Visit Teide National Park, Los Gigantes, Masca Valley, Garachico, Parque Rural de Anaga, and Candelaria with plenty of photo opportunities along the way. With personalized service and attention to detail, this private Tenerife tour is the best way to make the most of your time on the island. The tour includes transportation, fuel surcharge, coffee and/or tea, lunch, and snacks. Confirm your pickup time in advance and get ready for an unforgettable adventure.
3. Tenerife Siam Water Park Full Day Vip Entry Ticket
Experience the thrill of a lifetime with a full-day VIP ticket to the famous Siam Park in Tenerife. Skip the lines and get preferred access to all attractions including the Tower of Power, a vertical fall that is sure to get your adrenaline pumping. Take advantage of all-inclusive service with meals and a variety of drinks including beer, wine, soft drinks, and water. Relax in your own private cabin equipped with sun beds, private shower, and sofas in between all the excitement. You can even try out the biggest man-made wave in the world or float down a lazy river. Towels are available on-site for a cash deposit of €5. Join us for an unforgettable day of thrills and relaxation at Siam Park Tenerife.
4. Tenerife Beer Spa Experience With Tastings and Snacks
Treat yourself or a loved one to a unique experience in Tenerife with the Beer Spa Experience. Sink into relaxation and let your worries disappear as you enjoy a bubble bath jacuzzi filled with beer while sipping on different varieties of beer. The Beer Sauna is also available for use to help relieve muscle tension and everyday stress. While you enjoy these treatments, you can enjoy traditional snacks such as cheese, beer jam, and chocolate. The experience will culminate with relaxation on a barley bed. The entry includes the Beer Spa Experience, the Beer Sauna, and the barley bed. Note that the experience is not suitable for pregnant women and children under 18 years. Additional treatments are available for purchase on site.
5. Loro Parque Entrance Ticket
Visit one of the world’s best known and most respected zoological gardens with Loro Parque Entrance Ticket. Admire the tropical palm trees, exotic vegetation, and Thai architecture while taking in the park’s exceptional beauty, excellent facilities, and installations. Witness a whale presentation at the park’s Orca Ocean and enjoy the excitement of the park’s 4 world-class presentations. Take the kids to experience Kinderlandia for a fun-filled day of entertainment. This entry ticket does not only provide admission to the park but also includes an Orca Ocean presentation and a lunch voucher at Patio del Loro or Pizzeria Loritaly (if option selected) or lunch at Brunelli’s Steakhouse. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience at Loro Parque, one of the top attractions in the Canary Islands.
6. Loro Parque Siam Park 1 Ticket 2 Attractions
Spend a day of adventure at Loro Parque and experience the excitement of one of the top attractions in the Canaries. Get up close and personal with the animals, including parrots and killer whales, and don’t miss the park’s four world-class shows. Kinderlandia is a must-visit for the kids, and for thrill-seekers, Siam Park’s water kingdom is sure to satisfy. Loro Parque is known for its excellent facilities and installations, as well as its focus on nature and the environment. This 2-day combined ticket includes admission to Loro Parque for one day. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable day of fun and exploration in Tenerife!
7. Tenerife Twin Ticket Loro Parque Siam Park Bus
Visit 2 of Tenerife’s favorite family destinations with the Tenerife Twin Ticket Loro Parque Siam Park Bus. Enjoy an exceptional price to visit Loro Parque and Siam Park, two of the island’s best attractions. Spend 2 days exploring the beauty of wildlife while watching the sea lions, dolphins, parrots, orcas and many other species of birds. Take a stroll in the orchid garden and witness animal shows that will leave everyone amazed. Benefit from the complimentary bus transfer to Loro Parque as part of your experience, and hotel pickup and drop-off from Playa de Las Américas, Costa Adeje or Los Cristianos. This tour also includes entry tickets to Siam Park without transportation and a delicious lunch. Please note that this tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
8. Puerto De La Cruz Friends and Couples Phone Adventure Date
Explore the vibrant streets of Santa Cruz de Tenerife in a unique way with this smartphone tour. Designed for couples and friends, this adventure date combines the fun of a city tour with the excitement of a smartphone game. Find 15 locations in the city and unlock content at each sight, while completing creative tasks, questions, and challenges that focus on you and your relationship. With an easy-to-use in-app map feature, the tour makes it simple to find all the locations. Additionally, enjoy a bonus round with extra tasks and riddles to solve. The tour includes a smartphone tour app, guide, transportation, and entry fees. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to grow closer with your partner, while discovering the charm of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Note that the content of the tour is provided in German.
9. Fly Fish
Experience an unforgettable adventure on your Tenerife vacation with a fun 10-minute Fly Fish ride. Departing from various beaches, including Fanabe Troya and Puerto Colon, this triangular inflatable will have you bouncing over the Atlantic waves while a speedboat pulls you along for the ride. The experience is safe and easy, with a safety briefing and lifevest provided. All taxes, fees, and handling charges are included, as well as hotel pickup and drop-off. Meet at Water Sports Tenerife on Calle Colon for your exhilarating Fly Fish ride.
10. Siam Park Admission Ticket
Get ready for an exciting adventure at Siam Park Tenerife, a theme park that takes you back to the ancient Kingdom of Siam relocated to the Canary Islands. With your full-day admission ticket, you can experience a multitude of thrilling water attractions including the Tower of Power vertical plunge that will set your adrenaline racing. You can also relax on a 1150-foot white sand beach and try surfing on the biggest man-made wave in the world. The ticket includes entrance to the park, and you have the option to include lunch, a lunch voucher, towels, and locker use. Don’t miss this chance to enjoy the wonders of Siam Park in Tenerife!
11. From Arona Tenerife Quad Bike Off Road Adventure
Start your off-road adventure at Arona and climb your way up to Villaflor surrounded by stunning nature. Riding on long stretches of dirt paths and exploring the region on a quad bike will be an unforgettable experience. The guide will adapt the ride to the group’s skill level, making sure everyone has an enjoyable time.
The tour takes approximately 2.5-hours with around 90-minutes spent exploring the area on the quad bikes. Follow your guide as they take you through a range of off-road paths that will challenge your driving skills. Safety instructions will be provided, and the guide will assist you in driving the quad bikes.
The quad bikes are powerful and can easily climb even when carrying two people, with a maximum weight of 180 kg. The tour includes equipment, food, and drinks, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
Please note that this tour is not suitable for children under 7 years, pregnant women, or people with mobility impairments. Come and experience the adrenaline of off-road driving in Tenerife!
12. Santa Cruz De Tenerife Pyramids of Guimar Ethnographic Park
Visit the Pirámides de Güímar Ethnographic Park and Botanical Garden during your exploration of Santa Cruz. This tour will take you through an open-air museum with six stepped pyramids oriented towards the sun on key astronomical dates. These strange lava rock formations from the 19th century AD are sure to leave you intrigued. Take in panoramic views of the pyramids and see the beautiful flora in the botanical garden. You’ll enjoy both the ruins and the natural landscape together. The tour includes a visit to the pyramids, museum, botanical garden, as well as access to the poisonous garden and Polynesian exhibition with premium visit options. Food and drinks are provided, along with hotel pickup and drop-off for your convenience.
13. Tenerife Admission Tickets for Aqualand Costa Adeje
Looking for a place to cool off in the heat of Tenerife? Look no further than Aqualand Costa Adeje! This family water park offers attractions for all ages, from the heart-stopping Tsunami and Cyclones to the gentle Lava River and Vulcano Spa area. For the little ones, there’s Isla Pirata and Puerto Pirata, brand new as of 2019. And of course, the highlights of any visit to Aqualand Costa Adeje are the dolphins. Experience their incredible acrobatics in the world-renowned dolphin show. With admission, you’ll also get parking, as well as the option to rent sun loungers or purchase fast passes or lockers. So grab your swimsuit and make a splash!
14. Tenerife 4 Hour Gauchinche Food Tour
Immerse yourself in the culinary world of Tenerife with this 4-hour guided food tour. Visit a traditional Guachinche where you can indulge in local dishes paired with quality wines. The tour begins with a wine tasting at a local winery, where you can sample an assortment of Canarian cheeses with your wine. Next, head to the Guachinche and savor traditional starters and rotisserie main courses. The tour ends with a visit to a bodega to enjoy coffee while admiring the coast views. Hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance tickets, wine and cheese tastings, food and drinks, and coffee are all included in the tour package. Please note that this tour is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About TenerifeTenerife is a popular destination for tourists looking for a warm climate, beautiful beaches, and exciting attractions. However, it can also be overwhelming, especially if you’re a first-time visitor. In this blog post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Tenerife to help you plan your trip.
1. When is the best time to visit Tenerife?Tenerife is a year-round holiday destination due to its warm, sunny climate. The best time to visit Tenerife depends on your preferences. If you prefer a more relaxed atmosphere, consider visiting in the spring or autumn when the crowds are smaller, and the prices are more affordable. If you’re looking for a party atmosphere, visit during the peak summer months when the island is livelier.
2. What should I pack for my trip to Tenerife?The weather in Tenerife is warm throughout the year, with temperatures averaging 25°C in the summer and 18°C in the winter. Pack light clothes, sunscreen, and a hat. If you’re planning outdoor activities, bring comfortable shoes and a light jacket for cooler evenings.
3. Do I need a visa to visit Tenerife?If you’re a citizen of the EU, the USA, Canada, or Australia, you don’t need a visa to enter Tenerife. However, if you’re traveling from a country outside of the EU, you may need a visa. Check with the Spanish embassy in your home country for more information.
4. What are the best things to do in Tenerife?Tenerife has a lot of activities to offer, such as relaxing on the beaches, visiting museums, exploring national parks, and taking a boat tour. Some of the must-visit attractions in Tenerife include:
- The Teide National Park with the Teide Volcano, the highest mountain in Spain
- Loro Parque, a zoo in Puerto de la Cruz featuring exotic animals such as parrots, dolphins, and orcas
- The Siam Park, a waterpark with thrilling rides and attractions
- The Masca village, located in a beautiful natural mountain setting
- The Anaga Rural Park, for hiking through scenic routes and exploring nature
5. Is it safe to travel to Tenerife?Yes, Tenerife is a safe travel destination. However, as a tourist, you should take precautions to avoid pickpocketing and other petty crimes. Avoid leaving valuables visible in parked cars and crowded areas.
6. How can I get around Tenerife?Tenerife has an excellent public transportation system, including buses and trams. Alternatively, you can rent a car, take a taxi or use ride-sharing apps such as Uber. If you plan to visit several attractions, consider taking a guided tour.
7. Can I drink tap water in Tenerife?The tap water in Tenerife is safe to drink. However, bottled water is readily available in most shops and restaurants if you prefer.
8. What is the local currency in Tenerife?The local currency in Tenerife is the Euro, as it is part of Spain. ATMs are easily available throughout the island, and most shops and restaurants accept credit cards.
9. Do I need to speak Spanish to visit Tenerife?While speaking Spanish is not a requirement to visit Tenerife, learning a few basic phrases can be helpful. English is widely spoken, especially in tourist areas.
10. Where are the best places to stay in Tenerife?Tenerife offers a wide range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly hostels to luxury resorts. Some of the most popular areas to stay in Tenerife include:
- Costa Adeje: A popular tourist area with beautiful beaches and promenades.
- Puerto de la Cruz: A laidback resort town with black sand beaches and historic sites.
- Los Cristianos: A vibrant town with a bustling port and nightlife scene.
- Santa Cruz: The capital of Tenerife, with a mix of modern and traditional architecture and excellent shopping and dining options.