La Paz, a beautiful city located in Baja California Sur, Mexico, is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. This vibrant city offers an incredible mix of activities that any traveler can enjoy, from breathtaking landscapes and outdoor adventures to cultural experiences and mouth-watering cuisine. In this post, we will explore the best attractions and things to do in La Paz Mexico, so you can plan your trip and make the most out of your visit to this amazing destination. Let’s dive in and discover the magic of La Paz together!
The 2 Best Things To Do In La Paz Mexico
The 2 Best Things To Do In La Paz Mexico
1. Cabo San Lucas Jet Ski Rental
Experience the sublime beauty of Los Cabos bay from a unique perspective on a 30 or 60-minute jet ski adventure with your family and friends. Get ready for an unforgettable experience as you ride a state-of-the-art jet ski along the coast of Los Cabos. Before embarking on the adventure, you will receive a comprehensive training session and a life jacket.
Enjoy the picturesque beaches and the picture-perfect arch at exhilarating speeds, and feel refreshed as you splash through the waves. With a jet ski rental, you can absorb the highlights of Cabo’s stunning coastline and create unforgettable memories with your loved ones.
The tour includes a jet ski, a life jacket, and hotel pickup and drop-off. However, the tour is not recommended for children under 10 years, pregnant women, or people with mobility impairments. Don’t miss out on this thrilling adventure with breathtaking views of the Los Cabos bay.
2. Balandra San Rafaelito Sightseeing Snorkelling
Arrive at San Rafaelito to admire a beautiful lighthouse and see a small colony of sea lions where you’ll have the opportunity to swim with them. Then continue the trip to Balandra, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, recently declared a protected natural area due to its majestic beauty and variety of wildlife. Explore the secluded beaches of Balandra, swim, snorkel and enjoy all that this place has to offer. Admire the colorful reefs and glittering fish and bathe in the crystal-clear waters with its distinctive shades of blue. Also, see the famous rock known as “El Hongo”. The tour includes snorkeling gear, bilingual guide, snacks (fruit chips and cookies), meal onboard (deli sandwiches and ceviche tostadas), beverages, photographs and tips for the crew. Park entrance fee and $2 dock access fee are not included.
The Most Frequently Asked Questions about La Paz, MexicoLa Paz, Mexico is a charming city located in Baja California Sur. Known for its great weather, beautiful beaches, and friendly locals, it’s a popular tourist destination. But before you pack your bags and head off to La Paz, you may have a few questions. So, we’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions about La Paz, Mexico to help make your trip a success.
1. What is the best time to visit La Paz?La Paz has a mild climate that makes it a great place to visit year-round. However, the best time to visit La Paz is from October to May, as these months have the most pleasant weather. During this time, temperatures average around 75°F (23°C), making it perfect for exploring the city and its surrounding attractions.
2. What are some must-see attractions in La Paz?There are plenty of things to see and do in La Paz. Some of the must-see attractions include:
- The Malecón: This seaside promenade is a great place to go for a stroll, enjoy some street food and watch the sunset.
- Museo de La Ballena: This museum is dedicated to the conservation and research of the grey whale and its ecosystem.
- El Serpentario: Visit this serpentarium to see a variety of snakes and learn about their habitats and behaviors.
- Playa Balandra: This beach is known for its crystal-clear waters and stunning rock formations.
- La Paz Cathedral: This historic cathedral dates back to the 19th century and is a must-see for anyone interested in architecture and history.
3. Is La Paz safe for tourists?Yes, La Paz is generally a safe place for tourists. However, like any city, it’s important to take basic precautions, such as not leaving valuables unattended and avoiding poorly lit areas at night. It’s also a good idea to stay in well-lit areas and avoid walking alone at night. The locals are known for being friendly and welcoming to visitors, so don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation and ask for recommendations.
4. What is the local cuisine like in La Paz?La Paz is known for its delicious cuisine, which is a fusion of Mexican and seafood dishes. Some of the local specialties include ceviche, tacos de pescado (fish tacos), and caldo de mariscos (seafood soup). The city also has a great selection of local wines and craft beer.
5. What is the currency in La Paz?The currency used in La Paz is the Mexican peso (MXN). Most businesses in the city accept credit cards, but it’s always a good idea to carry some cash for smaller purchases and tips.
6. Do I need a visa to visit La Paz?If you’re visiting La Paz as a tourist, you do not need a visa if you’re staying for less than 180 days. However, you will need a valid passport to enter the country.
7. What language do they speak in La Paz?The official language in Mexico is Spanish, which is also the most widely spoken language in La Paz. However, many locals also speak English, especially in tourist areas.
8. What are the best ways to get around La Paz?There are several ways to get around La Paz, including:
- Taxis: Taxis are readily available in the city and are a convenient way to get around. It’s important to negotiate the fare before getting in and to make sure the meter is on if the taxi has one.
- Buses: La Paz has an efficient bus system that connects the city center with its surrounding neighborhoods and attractions.
- Rent a Car: If you want to explore the surrounding areas of La Paz, then renting a car is an excellent option. Driving in La Paz is relatively easy, and the roads are well-maintained.
9. What should I pack for my trip to La Paz?When packing for La Paz, it’s important to keep in mind the warm, arid climate. Some essential items to bring include:
- Sunscreen: The sun in La Paz is strong, so make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Comfortable clothing: Pack lightweight, breathable clothing that will keep you cool in the warm weather.
- Hat and Sunglasses: Don’t forget to pack a hat and sunglasses to protect your face and eyes from the sun.
- Swimwear: La Paz is known for its beautiful beaches, so make sure to bring plenty of swimwear.