Welcome to the vibrant and bustling city of Toronto, known for its fantastic architecture, diverse culture, and bustling entertainment scene. This city has something to offer to everyone, whether you’re an art lover, a foodie, or a sports enthusiast. Toronto boasts a plethora of attractions and things to do, from iconic landmarks like the CN Tower to the serene beauty of the Toronto Islands. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best things to do and places to see in Toronto, so you can make the most of your time in this incredible city.
The 19 Best Top Activities In Toronto
- Toronto Small Group City Tour
- Private Tour of Toronto
- Niagara Falls Small Group Tours from Toronto
- 8 Minute Window Seat Helicopter Tour Over Toronto
- Toronto Downtown Private Walking Tour
- Niagara Falls Private Tour from Toronto
- Private Day Tour to Niagara Falls from Toronto
- Best of Niagara Falls Tour from Toronto
- Toronto Small Group Niagara Falls Tour With Winter Activity
- Private Group Niagara Falls Day Tour from Toronto
- Toronto Greatest Hits See the Citys Top Attractions on This Walking Audio Tour
- Private Tour to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake from Toronto
- Niagara Falls Private Group Tour from Toronto
- Niagara Falls One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Toronto the Original 90 Minute Haunted Night Walk
- Small Group Niagara Falls Day Tour With Lunch With Boat Ride
- Ultimate Toronto Tour
- One Hour Aerial Tour of Toronto and Niagara Falls With Iflytoto
- Small Group Niagara Tour from Toronto With Boat
The 19 Best Top Activities In Toronto
1. Toronto Small Group City Tour
Experience the best of Toronto’s major sights and hidden gems on this award-winning small group city tour. Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide and professional driver, you’ll have the undivided attention to explore and learn the city’s history and attractions. Admissions to iconic landmarks such as the CN Tower and the majestic Casa Loma are included, and you’ll have plenty of time to snap photos and enjoy free time for lunch. This Gems of Toronto Tour showcases the cultural and cosmopolitan diversity of this city, making it an ideal way to explore and discover everything Toronto has to offer.
2. Private Tour of Toronto
Explore the must-see highlights of Toronto on this private half-day tour. Avoid wasting time and energy on public transport and enjoy comfortable private transfers with handy hotel pick up and drop off. With skip-the-line entry to top attractions and admission fees included, you’ll have more time to enjoy the panoramic views on offer at the CN Tower and a chance to walk on the glass floor. Your private guide will share interesting facts about Toronto and take you to explore famous locations such as St. Lawrence Market, Toronto Harbour, and Dundas Square. Make the most of your time in Toronto with personalized attention on this private tour.
3. Niagara Falls Small Group Tours from Toronto
Enjoy a small group tour from Toronto to Niagara Falls and experience the wonder of one of the natural wonders of the world. This all-inclusive tour includes a Niagara city cruise and a visit to taste some delicious local maple syrup. You’ll also have plenty of free time to explore on your own, and lunch at a 13th floor restaurant with a breathtaking view overlooking the falls is included. This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 people, ensuring an intimate and personalized experience. Hotel pickups in the Toronto Core area are included, or you can meet the group directly at the designated meeting point at Starbucks on King Street. The tour starts at 10:00 AM and ends at the activity location. Join us for an unforgettable adventure to Niagara Falls.
4. 8 Minute Window Seat Helicopter Tour Over Toronto
Experience Toronto in a unique way with an 8 minute window seat helicopter tour. Witness the magnificent CN Tower eye-to-eye and gaze at the iconic Ripley’s Aquarium shark imagery. Enjoy an unforgettable experience with a guaranteed window seat and headsets allowing you to share the excitement with others. Choose between two sightseeing options. Opt for the 15-kilometer flight for an approximate 7 minutes tour or go for the 35-kilometer flight with approximately 12 minutes in the air. This adventure starts at a boutique island airport downtown and comes with a pre-flight briefing. The tour makes a perfect figure eight pattern over the city’s highlights. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to see Toronto from above.
5. Toronto Downtown Private Walking Tour
Explore downtown Toronto like a true local on this private walking tour. With a knowledgeable guide leading the way, you’ll spend two hours discovering the best of the city’s entertainment hubs, financial centers, and architectural landmarks. Highlights include stops at the Hockey Hall of Fame, Air Canada Center, Brookfield Place, and more. You’ll also get to experience the famed PATH, Toronto’s underground passage that connects 28 kilometers of sites. This tour is perfect for groups of up to 4 people, and includes a private guide, food and drinks, general liability insurance, and gratuities. Choose your preferred meeting point or request pickup for added convenience. Don’t miss out on seeing the top attractions in Toronto with this unforgettable private walking tour.
6. Niagara Falls Private Tour from Toronto
Experience Niagara Falls in a luxury private setting with this 7-8 hour private tour from Toronto. Ride the Hornblower Cruise for a once-in-a-lifetime experience and enjoy personalized attention from your driver guide. You can customize your itinerary or let your driver be your guide. This private tour in an Executive Sedan is the perfect way to see Niagara Falls at your own pace. Your driver is fully qualified and highly experienced and can take you through the streets of Niagara on-the-Lake & Niagara Falls. Enjoy the freedom to stop whenever you like to take photos and decide how long you want to spend at each attraction. Book now for a truly unforgettable experience.
7. Private Day Tour to Niagara Falls from Toronto
Experience the beauty of Niagara Falls on a full-day private guided tour from Toronto with your family and friends (maximum of six people). The journey will take you to the Old Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, where you can visit two local wineries of your choice. You will have the option to see various attractions in Niagara Falls such as the Rainbow Falls, the Bridal Veil, Horseshoe Falls, and Clifton Hill. You are free to customize your itinerary to your own preferences, and your knowledgeable local guide will provide you with insights and tips to make your trip more memorable. Fees for tastings are not included, but all taxes, fuel surcharges, and service fees are included. Round-trip transportation from Toronto is also included. Book this private day tour now to witness the majestic Niagara Falls and create unforgettable memories with your loved ones.
8. Best of Niagara Falls Tour from Toronto
Experience the Best of Niagara Falls on a guided tour from Toronto. With an experienced tour guide, marvel at the amazing views of the city skyline and the surrounding waterfalls. Visit Journey Behind the Falls for a unique look at the Falls and take a thrilling cruise on the famous Hornblower “Voyage to the Falls” (seasonal from April to November) or an alternative attraction in the winter months. Explore Niagara Falls on your own and visit numerous shops, restaurants, and vendors. Your tour includes transportation, admission ticket, Journey Behind the Falls, Skylon Tower Observation Deck, and gratuities for the guide. Don’t miss the opportunity to experience one of the world’s natural wonders on this immersive guided tour.
9. Toronto Small Group Niagara Falls Tour With Winter Activity
Experience the natural wonders of Niagara Falls on a guided small-group tour from Toronto. Enjoy the convenience of hotel pickup from various locations in Toronto and Mississauga, as well as informative commentary from a Niagara Parks licensed tour guide. Skip the lines for the Hornblower Boat Cruise and get up close to the falls, with four hours of free time to explore Niagara Falls and Clifton Hill. Along the way, stop for photo ops at landmarks such as the Whirlpool Floral Clock and Power Station. This winter tour also includes seasonal stops at iconic landmarks.
10. Private Group Niagara Falls Day Tour from Toronto
Experience the breathtaking beauty of Niagara Falls on this private group day tour from Toronto! Your air-conditioned vehicle and private transportation will take you straight from Toronto to the falls. You’ll enjoy bottled water during the trip, and can even request pickup from anywhere in the Toronto area.
The first stop is Niagara Falls, where you can marvel at the wonder of these magnificent waterfalls. You’ll spend three hours here to explore and take in the stunning views. Then, you’ll visit Niagara Whirlpool, a natural whirlpool formed by the Niagara River. You’ll have 10 minutes to take in the beautiful surroundings and admire the power of the water.
Along the way, you’ll see additional stops and beautiful scenery. The tour ends back at the meeting point, Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, where you can head straight back into the city or spend more time exploring the area.
Please note that food is not included unless specified, and this tour is not wheelchair accessible. Infants must sit on laps and most travelers can participate. Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
Book now to reserve your spot on this private group Niagara Falls day tour from Toronto!
11. Toronto Greatest Hits See the Citys Top Attractions on This Walking Audio Tour
See the best of Toronto with this self-led audio walking tour that offers a flexible way to discover the city. With the smartphone tour app, you can explore Toronto’s top landmarks all at your own pace, including Yonge and Front Streets, CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame, and Nathan Phillips Square, among others. The audio commentary will provide you with detailed information about the city’s history and highlights. The GPS-equipped maps make navigating the city easy and convenient. Download the tour app and receive unlimited lifetime access to this audio tour. The tour includes a smartphone and headphones, and you can access the audio maps and geodata offline. This smartphone tour offers the most flexible and affordable way to explore Toronto’s top attractions.
12. Private Tour to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake from Toronto
This comprehensive tour takes you on an adventure from Toronto to Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake. After pickup from your hotel, we’ll take you to the best attractions such as Niagara River, Horseshoe Falls, Skylon Tower Observation Deck, Queen Victoria Park, and Clifton Hill. You’ll also have some free time to explore Niagara Falls attractions on your own for three to four hours.
Enjoy lunch at Skylon Tower’s Revolving Dining Room Restaurant with a breathtaking view of the falls. After that, we’ll take you to a famous local winery in Niagara-on-the-Lake for a wine-tasting experience. The itinerary can be flexible and customized to your preferences.
Admission to the Ride-to-the-Top and Indoor/Outdoor Observation Decks at Skylon Tower, wine tasting at a winery, admission to optional activities, and gratuities are included. Dinner is not included.
The tour starts at 9:00 AM, and pickup is from your residence/hotel. We offer multiple pickup points to make it easy for you. Join us for an unforgettable experience to discover the beauty of Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake.
13. Niagara Falls Private Group Tour from Toronto
Escape the bustling city of Toronto and experience the natural wonder of Niagara Falls on this private group tour. With a chauffeur-driven elegant town car for up to four passengers, customize your itinerary and explore the sights that interest you the most. From visiting the Whirlpool Rapids to taking a Hornblower cruise or climbing the Skylon Tower, the options are endless. Discover Clifton Hill, Niagara-on-the-Lake, and Fort George or indulge in local wines during a winery tour. Take a break from sightseeing with a delicious buffet lunch at a hotel overlooking the stunning Horseshoe Falls. This private 9-hour tour is priced per group, accommodating up to 14 guests. With a personalized guide on hand, make the most of your day and create unforgettable memories on this incredible excursion.
14. Niagara Falls One Day Sightseeing Tour
Discover the beauty and history of Niagara Falls and its nearby attractions during this full-day sightseeing tour. Your professional guide will take care of all the details as you journey along the scenic Niagara River Parkway and enjoy skip-the-line access to all activities. Experience the thrill of the Hornblower Boat Cruise (available from May to November) or visit the Skylon Tower (available from December to April) for stunning views of the falls. You’ll also have free time to explore the shopping and landmarks near the falls, including the beautiful Floral Clock. Round-trip hotel transport, live commentary on board, lunch, and gratuities are all included for a hassle-free experience. Meet at the Hasty Market on Bremner Blvd in Toronto, located near the Union subway station, and be ready 5 minutes prior to the tour start time for pickup. Your tour guide will identify you by name and reservation number. Come and enjoy a day of awe-inspiring natural beauty and unforgettable experiences!
15. Toronto the Original 90 Minute Haunted Night Walk
Explore the darker side of Toronto’s past at night with the Original 90 Minute Haunted Night Walk. This spine-tingling experience will take you from the heart of the financial district to the old town while listening to chilling tales of ghosts, graveyards, hangings and haunts. Discover the unsolved mysteries and secrets that lie beneath your feet and see a different, darker side to Toronto’s history including haunted theaters, terrifying encounters at Mackenzie House and more. You can choose between four unique tour options and your guide, dressed in a cloak, can walk you back to the start location or simply leave you to enjoy a sleepless night in the city. The entrance fee to Mackenzie House is not included. Don’t miss this opportunity to discover the grand architecture and hidden gems of Toronto on this haunted night walk.
16. Small Group Niagara Falls Day Tour With Lunch With Boat Ride
Discover the might of Niagara Falls up close on this full-day tour from Toronto. With round-trip transport included, you can sit back, relax and enjoy the scenic views as you make your way to Niagara Falls. Once there you’ll marvel at close-up views of the falls on a Niagara City Cruise with fast-track tickets. Along Niagara Parkway, you’ll discover the top attractions including the Floral Clock and Queenston Heights. You’ll also have 3 hours of free time to explore the area at your own pace.
During the tour, you will get to sample Ontario maple syrup and enjoy a delicious lunch. Gratuities are included, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. You can head directly to the meeting point, Starbucks, or request pickup from your hotel to make your way to the tour. The tour ends back at the meeting point.
Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime experience of seeing one of the world’s most famous waterfalls up close with Niagara Falls Day Tour With Lunch and Boat Ride.
17. Ultimate Toronto Tour
Explore the best of Toronto with this ultimate small group tour. With no more than nine guests, journey to the top of the CN Tower for stunning views of the city skyline. Cruise through Toronto’s harbor for more breathtaking views before making stops at top attractions like Queen’s Park and St. Lawrence Market. Enjoy free time to make purchases and explore on your own. With round-trip hotel transportation included, skip-the-line entry and knowledgeable guides to show you around, this comprehensive tour is the perfect way to experience all that Toronto has to offer.
18. One Hour Aerial Tour of Toronto and Niagara Falls With Iflytoto
For an unforgettable bird’s-eye perspective of Toronto and Niagara Falls, explore the skies on an aerial sightseeing tour. Gather with a small group at Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport to enjoy a hassle-free takeoff and a complimentary glass of champagne as you soar into the skies. Take in the city’s iconic landmarks like the CN Tower and Rogers Centre from overhead, before traveling 3,000 feet (914 meters) to marvel at the cascading waters of Niagara Falls. This sightseeing tour provides outstanding value, including airport parking, refreshments during the scenic challenge, a fixed-wing air tour of Toronto, and a fixed-wing air tour of Niagara Falls. A fuel surcharge of $30 per person is payable at check-in, and the GST (Goods and Services Tax) is excluded. Embrace this unique opportunity to experience beautiful aerial views of both the urban setting of Toronto and the wonder of Niagara Falls.
19. Small Group Niagara Tour from Toronto With Boat
Visitors to Toronto who want to explore Niagara Falls without the hassle of planning and arranging transportation will enjoy this small-group full-day tour. The package includes round-trip transportation from downtown Toronto, a ride to the base of the falls on the Hornblower boat (May to October), and free time to explore at your own pace. Additionally, the tour offers a complementary glass of wine at a top winery and a handy combination of guided and free time. You’ll receive personalized attention from your guide in a small group, and amenities include WiFi on board, air-conditioned vehicle, lunch, and gratuities. The tour meets at 55 York St in Toronto and offers select pickup points upon request. The activity starts at 8:30 AM and ends back at the meeting point.
Top Frequently Asked Questions About TorontoAs one of the most popular cities in Canada, Toronto has quickly become a center for tourism. With its diverse culture, iconic landmarks, and delicious food, it’s no surprise that people are flocking to see what the city has to offer. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about Toronto.
1. What Are the Must-See Landmarks in Toronto?There are several iconic landmarks in Toronto that are a must-see when visiting the city. Some of these landmarks include:
- The CN Tower – this is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Toronto and is a must-visit for anyone who wants to see sweeping views of the city from above.
- The Royal Ontario Museum – this museum is home to over six million artifacts and is a great place to learn about the history of Toronto and Canada.
- The Art Gallery of Ontario – this gallery is home to over 100,000 works of art from different periods and cultures around the world.
- The Toronto Islands – these islands provide a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and offer stunning views of the skyline.
- Casa Loma – this castle-like museum is home to beautiful gardens and stunning architecture and provides a glimpse into Toronto’s rich history.
2. What Are the Best Restaurants in Toronto?Toronto is a melting pot of cultures, which means that there is an abundance of delicious food to try. Some of the best restaurants in Toronto include:
- Kyoto House – this Japanese restaurant serves some of the best sushi in the city.
- La Palma – this cozy Italian restaurant offers homemade pasta and delicious sharing plates.
- St. Lawrence Market – this indoor market offers a variety of food stalls serving delicious treats from around the world.
- Canoe – this restaurant offers breathtaking views of the city and serves contemporary Canadian cuisine.
- Kojin – this Argentinian restaurant serves delicious grilled meats and is known for its unique dining experience.
3. What Is the Best Time of Year to Visit Toronto?Toronto experiences all four seasons, which means that the “best” time of year to visit really depends on personal preference. If you enjoy the warmth and sunshine, the summer months (June-August) are a great time to visit. However, this is also peak tourist season, so be prepared for larger crowds and higher prices.If you don’t mind cooler temperatures and want to see the city covered in snow, winter (December-February) is a great time to visit. The city is home to several winter festivals, including the famous Toronto Christmas Market. Just be sure to pack warm clothes!
4. How Do I Get Around Toronto?Toronto has an extensive public transportation system that includes buses, subways, streetcars, and trains. The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is the public transit provider in the city and offers various fare options, including day passes and weekly passes. It’s also easy to hail a taxi or use ride-hailing apps like Uber or Lyft.If you want to explore the city on foot or by bike, Toronto also has an extensive network of trails and parks. The city also offers bike share programs, including Bike Share Toronto.
5. What Are the Best Neighborhoods to Explore in Toronto?Toronto is home to several unique neighborhoods that are worth exploring. Some of the best neighborhoods to check out include:
- Chinatown – this vibrant neighborhood is home to delicious food and unique shops.
- Kensington Market – this bohemian neighborhood is home to vintage shops, colorful street art, and delicious food.
- The Annex – this neighborhood is home to beautiful Victorian-era homes, independent bookstores, and cozy cafes.
- Distillery District – this historic neighborhood is home to cobblestone streets, art galleries, and trendy restaurants.
- Little Italy – this neighborhood is home to authentic Italian restaurants, gelato shops, and colorful murals.
6. What Are the Top Free Things to Do in Toronto?Toronto is a great city to explore on a budget, with plenty of free activities and attractions to check out. Some of the top free things to do in Toronto include:
- Visit the Toronto Islands
- Explore the city’s many parks, including High Park and Trinity Bellwoods Park
- Check out the graffiti and street art in Kensington Market
- Visit the Allan Gardens Conservatory
- Take a stroll through the University of Toronto campus
7. What Are the Biggest Festivals and Events in Toronto?Toronto is home to several major festivals and events throughout the year, including:
- Toronto International Film Festival (September)
- Caribana (July/August) – North America’s largest Caribbean festival
- Toronto Pride (June) – one of the largest pride events in the world
- Toronto International Jazz Festival (June)
- Toronto Christmas Market (November/December)