Are you planning a trip to St. Thomas and wondering what the best things to do and see are? This beautiful island in the Caribbean offers a variety of attractions for travelers of all ages and interests. From stunning beaches and snorkeling spots to historical landmarks and exciting outdoor activities, there is truly something for everyone in St. Thomas. In this post, we’ll explore the top attractions and activities that you won’t want to miss on your visit to this tropical paradise. So, put on your sunscreen and get ready to discover the best of St. Thomas!
The 8 Best Tours with Locals in St Thomas
- Half Day Off Road Island Adventure 4 Hour Tour
- Snorkeling at Coki Beach and Coral World Transportation Vi Top Taxi
- Sightseeing and Shopping Excursion
- Coki Beach Snorkeling Tour St Thomas Virgin Islands Usvi Vi Top Taxi
- St Thomas Island Tour Private Group St Thomas Vi Top Taxi
- Private Tour
- Paradise Taxi and Tours Usvi
- Sightseeing and Swimming Excursion
The 8 Best Tours with Locals in St Thomas
1. Half Day Off Road Island Adventure 4 Hour Tour
Explore the beauty of St Thomas with our Half Day Off Road Island Adventure 4 Hour Tour. This is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in nature while experiencing the off-road environment of the island. We’ll provide you with everything you need, including bottled water, life jackets, beach noodles, and even alcoholic beverages. Gratuities and lunch are not included.
We’ll start our adventure with a visit to Charlotte Amalie, a beautiful location that offers stunning views of the surrounding area. This stop will last for one hour, and admission is free. The next stop is the famous Mountain Top, which is also free to visit and offers breathtaking views of the island.
Our tour will take you to two more stops, and you’ll get to experience the incredible beauty of the island up close. Please note that the tour is not wheelchair accessible, but it is stroller accessible. Public transportation is available for those who need it, and most travelers can participate.
For your ease of mind, confirmation will be received at the time of booking. Please note that cancellation policies apply. You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience start time will not be accepted.
Book your Half Day Off Road Island Adventure 4 Hour Tour today and explore the best attractions and things to do in St Thomas!
2. Snorkeling at Coki Beach and Coral World Transportation Vi Top Taxi
This transportation service offers a comfortable ride to Coki Beach, one of the most popular beaches on the island, where you can spend the day snorkeling, jet skiing, or lounging in the sun. For an additional fee, you can visit Coral World Ocean Park, located next door to the beach, and explore its unique Undersea Observatory. The service includes air-conditioned transportation with bottled water and pick-up from your central location, hotel, airport, or cruise dock. You can set your own schedule with flexible timings, and all fees and taxes are included in the price. Simply head directly to the meeting point at Havensight or request pick-up. Enjoy a hassle-free day at the beach and explore the amazing marine life at Coral World Ocean Park with this convenient transportation service.
3. Sightseeing and Shopping Excursion
Combine sightseeing and shopping with this half-day tour of St. Thomas. Your expert guide will take you to Charlotte Amalie, known for its over 400 stores, where you’ll have time to browse and buy local goods. You’ll also get to see historic sites such as Blackbeard’s Castle and the Jewish Synagogue. The tour also includes a trip up to the Mountain Top observation area, a visit to Drake’s Seat, and a cruise up to Skyline Drive. Throughout the excursion, you’ll have the chance to mix independent free time with guided experiences. Drinking water and cold refreshments are provided, as well as lunch. Pickup is available at Havensight cruise ship port, or you can head directly to the meeting point of your choice. Please note that entrance fees to beaches or attractions are not included in this tour.
4. Coki Beach Snorkeling Tour St Thomas Virgin Islands Usvi Vi Top Taxi
Discover the breathtaking beauty of the Virgin Islands with our Coki Beach Snorkeling Tour. Our air-conditioned vehicle will take you on a scenic drive through Saint Thomas, where you’ll see spectacular views of the cruise port and ferry docks. We offer pickup and drop-off at various locations, including hotels, the airport, and cruise docks.
During the tour, you’ll visit Drake’s Seat, a famous lookout point that offers panoramic views of Magens Bay and the surrounding islands. You’ll also stop at Skyline Drive, a scenic road that winds through the mountains and offers incredible views of the island.
But the highlight of the tour is Coki Point Beach, where you’ll get to experience the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean Sea. Strap on your snorkel gear and explore the vibrant coral reefs teeming with tropical fish and other marine life. Our tour includes all fees and taxes, so you won’t have to worry about any hidden costs.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible, but it’s stroller accessible and near public transportation. Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability. Join us for an unforgettable adventure in the Virgin Islands!
5. St Thomas Island Tour Private Group St Thomas Vi Top Taxi
Explore St Thomas Island with your private group on this flexible and exciting tour. Start your journey at Mountain Top, where you can enjoy duty-free stores and spectacular views of the British Virgin Islands. You’ll have the option to purchase admission to Skyline Lookout and Magen’s Bay Beach with admission included to Drake Seat. Finally, choose from Charlotte Amalie or Haven Sight to indulge in some shopping. This private tour provides comfortable transportation with bottled water and air-conditioning included. Enjoy hassle-free travel with pick-up available from your central location hotel, airport, or cruise dock. This tour suits small and large groups between 1-14 people, and taxi services are available for other excursions. The tour includes private transportation, bottled water, air-conditioned vehicle, entry/admission to Skyline Drive, admission to Magens Bay, and all fees and taxes. You can head directly to the meeting point or request pickup. The meeting point is located in St Thomas at St Thomas 00802 U.
6. Private Tour
If you’re looking for a personalized experience in St. Thomas, the private tour might be the one for you. With your own private guide, you can explore historic attractions like Blackbeard’s Castle and Drake’s Seat, go shopping in Charlotte Amalie, and still have time to enjoy the beach. Drinking water will be provided throughout the tour, and you’ll have the flexibility to make adjustments throughout the day. Pickup from your hotel is included, as well as hand sanitizer and cold refreshments. You can even use snorkeling equipment if you want. The tour includes stops at Mountain Top and other attractions (there are a total of six). Note that confirmation will be received upon booking and that the tour is not wheelchair accessible. It is stroller accessible, however.
7. Paradise Taxi and Tours Usvi
Take a tour of St. Thomas with a local guide in your own private air-conditioned vehicle with this tour designed for groups of six to 14 travelers. You’ll visit historic Fort Christian, take in the views from Mountain Top Skyline Drive and Drake’s Seat, and have time to stop for cocktails and souvenir shopping along the way. Flexible departure times are available to suit your schedule, and vehicles for six to 14 travelers are available for your comfort. Enjoy the privacy of a private tour just for you and your party with all fees and taxes included in the price. You can head directly to your preferred meeting point or request pickup. The activity ends back at the meeting point, and the price includes pick-up from Emancipation Garden or Havensight or Crown Bay Marina.
8. Sightseeing and Swimming Excursion
During your stay in St. Thomas, don’t miss the chance to take a small-group sightseeing and beach time adventure. The Sightseeing and Swimming Excursion offers you the chance to visit many of the top attractions on the island, including Blackbeard’s Castle and the Skyline Drive Scenic Overlook. But, that’s not all, you’ll also get the opportunity to swim, snorkel, and sunbathe at one of the top beaches on the island, Magen’s Beach.
Round-trip transfers from select hotels are included for your convenience. You can also choose between English, Spanish, and French tours. Group sizes are capped at 15 people, so you’ll have an intimate experience. Bottled water is included, but entrance fees for beaches are not. Magen’s beach requires a $5.00 entry fee, and car seats are not included in the excursion.
You can head directly to the meeting point or request pickup. The meeting point is located at Wendy’s, 9101 Long Bay Rd Estate Thomas St Thomas 00823 USVI. If you need pickup, you can choose from several pickup points.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to combine sightseeing with beach time during your visit to St. Thomas. Book the Sightseeing and Swimming Excursion now!
Frequently Asked Questions About St. Thomas, USVISt. Thomas is a beautiful island in the U.S. Virgin Islands, located in the Caribbean Sea. With its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, sunny weather, and rich history, it’s no wonder that St. Thomas is a popular tourist destination. However, no matter where you travel, it’s normal to have questions about the location. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions tourists have about St. Thomas.
1. Do I need a passport to travel to St. Thomas?As a United States Territory, you do not need a passport if you are traveling directly from the United States to St. Thomas. However, if you are traveling from a foreign country, you will need a passport to enter the United States and its territories. Keep in mind that some airlines may require a passport for all passengers, regardless of their destination.
2. What is the best time to visit St. Thomas?St. Thomas is a year-round destination with warm and sunny weather. The island experiences a tropical climate, which means that temperatures average in the mid-80s throughout the year. The dry season lasts from December to April, which is the peak tourist season. However, the wet season from May to November may offer better deals and fewer crowds.
3. What are the popular beaches in St. Thomas?St. Thomas is home to many beautiful beaches, each with its unique charm. Some of the most popular beaches on the island include:
– Magens Bay Beach:Voted one of the best beaches in the world, Magens Bay is a breathtaking crescent-shaped beach with calm and clear waters, perfect for swimming and snorkeling.
– Coki Beach:This bustling beach is popular for its lively atmosphere, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant marine life.
– Sapphire Beach:With its white sand and crystal-clear waters, Sapphire Beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and watersports.
– Lindquist Beach:This secluded beach is tranquil and peaceful, with calm waters and soft sand, perfect for a relaxing day at the beach.
4. What are the best things to do in St. Thomas?St. Thomas offers a variety of activities for visitors of all ages. Some of the most popular things to do on the island include:
– Visit historical sites:St. Thomas has a rich history, and exploring the many historical sites, including Fort Christian and Blackbeard’s Castle, can be an educational and fascinating experience.
– Take a scenic drive or tour:The island’s stunning landscapes and breathtaking views can be experienced through a leisurely drive or guided tour. Some popular tours include island tours, snorkeling tours, and sunset cruises.
– Go shopping:St. Thomas is known for its duty-free shopping, with many shops offering luxury items such as jewelry, electronics, and designer clothing.
– Enjoy watersports:With its crystal-clear waters, St. Thomas is perfect for snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, and kayaking.
5. What is the local currency used in St. Thomas?The U.S. dollar is the official currency used in St. Thomas. This means that visitors from the United States can use their currency without the need for currency exchange. Some vendors may accept other currencies, but it’s always best to carry U.S. dollars or use a credit card.
6. What are the transport options in St. Thomas?St. Thomas has a reliable public transportation system, with buses and taxis available throughout the island. Taxis are readily available at hotels, the airport, and popular tourist destinations. Car rentals are also available, but keep in mind that driving is on the left side of the road, and the roads can be narrow and winding.
7. Is it safe to travel to St. Thomas?Like any tourist destination, St. Thomas has its share of safety concerns. However, with the proper precautions, visitors can have a safe and enjoyable vacation. It’s essential to stay aware of your surroundings, avoid isolated areas and be cautious when using ATMs. Be sure to secure your valuables and passport, and keep them on your person or in a hotel safe.
8. Do I need to tip in St. Thomas?Tipping is customary in St. Thomas, and it’s essential to tip service providers, such as waitstaff, bartenders, and taxi drivers. The customary tip is 15-20% of the total cost, and it’s always a good idea to carry small bills for tipping.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in St. Thomas: A Comprehensive Guide
St. Thomas is an island in the Caribbean and is part of the U.S. Virgin Islands. This beautiful island attracts tourists from all over the world with its pristine beaches, crystal clear waters, and tropical landscapes. In this guide, we will dive into the best ways to spend your time in St. Thomas as a tourist.
1. Explore Charlotte Amalie
Charlotte Amalie is the capital of St. Thomas and is one of the most popular destinations for tourists. It’s a vibrant and bustling harbor town that offers a mix of history, culture, and entertainment. Here are some of the top places to check out in Charlotte Amalie:
- Blackbeard’s Castle: This historic landmark has a fascinating history and is a must-visit for all tourists. The castle is perched on top of a hill and offers spectacular views of the harbor below.
- Fort Christian: This is one of the oldest buildings in St. Thomas and is now a museum. It’s an excellent place to learn about the island’s colonial history.
- St. Thomas Synagogue: This is the second-oldest synagogue in the Western Hemisphere and is a beautiful building with a rich history.
- Main Street: This street is lined with colorful buildings housing shops, restaurants, and bars. It’s a great place to shop for souvenirs and enjoy some local cuisine.
2. Hit the Beaches
St. Thomas is famous for its beaches, and with good reason. With crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches, the island is a paradise for beach lovers. Here are some of the best beaches in St. Thomas:
- Magen’s Bay: This is one of the most famous beaches in St. Thomas and is known for its spectacular beauty. It’s a great place for swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing.
- Lindquist Beach: This secluded beach is perfect for those looking for a bit of privacy. Its turquoise waters and soft sand make it a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
- Sapphire Beach: This is another popular beach that’s great for swimming and snorkeling. It’s also a good spot for windsurfing and kiteboarding.
3. Take a Boat Tour
St. Thomas is surrounded by the Caribbean Sea, and taking a boat tour is a great way to explore the island’s coastal beauty. There are many different tour operators to choose from, and you can opt for a snorkeling tour, sunset cruise, or just a leisurely boat ride. Here are some of the top boat tours in St. Thomas:
- Caribbean Water Tours: This tour operator offers a wide range of tours, including snorkeling trips, island tours, and sunset cruises.
- Sailo: This is a marketplace for boat rentals, and you can choose from a range of different boats and tours.
- Virgin Islands Eco-Tours: This company offers eco-tours that allow you to explore the island’s natural beauty while also learning about its ecology and wildlife.
4. Visit the Coral World Ocean Park
The Coral World Ocean Park is a marine park that’s home to a wide variety of marine life, including sea turtles, sharks, and stingrays. Here are some of the things you can do at the park:
- Explore the Undersea Observatory: This is an underwater observatory that allows you to see the marine life up close.
- Swim with Sea Lions: This is a unique and unforgettable experience that allows you to interact with these friendly and intelligent animals.
- Snorkel the Underwater Trail: This is a guided snorkeling tour that takes you on a journey through the park’s coral gardens and marine life.
5. Take a Hike to the Top of Mountain Top
Mountain Top is the highest point on St. Thomas and offers stunning panoramic views of the island. You can reach the top of the mountain by taking a short hike through the lush tropical forests. At the top, you’ll find a gift shop and bar, where you can enjoy a refreshing drink while taking in the views.
Book Your Tour Now
St. Thomas is a beautiful island with a rich history and culture. Whether you’re looking for an adventure in the great outdoors or a relaxing day on the beach, there’s something for everyone in St. Thomas. We hope this guide has helped you plan your trip and given you some ideas for how to spend your time as a tourist.
Table of Contents