Mgarr – a picturesque village located in the northern region of Malta – known for its stunning valley views, picturesque gardens, and traditional Maltese architecture. If you’re planning a trip to Mgarr and wondering what are the best attractions and things to do in the area, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will explore the top highlights of Mgarr, including historical landmarks, scenic spots, and cultural experiences. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, be prepared to fall in love with the charm and beauty of Mgarr. So, let’s dive in and discover what this lovely village has to offer!
The 2 Best Unique Things To Do In Mgarr
- Mdina Rabat Dingli Cliffs San Anton Gardens Ta Qali and Mosta Guided Tour
- Hagar Qim Temple Limestone Heritage and Market Guided Tour
The 2 Best Unique Things To Do In Mgarr
1. Mdina Rabat Dingli Cliffs San Anton Gardens Ta Qali and Mosta Guided Tour
This full-day tour is a perfect opportunity to explore six prominent cultural and natural destinations in Malta. With hotel or cruise port transfers included, visit the medieval city of Mdina, walk through the Christian catacombs of Rabat, and enjoy the breathtaking Dingli cliffs. You’ll also experience a scenic stroll in the San Anton botanical gardens and get an up-close and personal view of Mosta’s impressive dome. To top it off, you’ll have a chance to shop for souvenirs in Ta’ Qali’s crafts centre. The air-conditioned vehicle ensures comfortable travel between the locations. The package includes lunch and gratuities, and you can select your preferred tour option to see hours of operation. The pickup point will be confirmed for those staying in selected hotels/ports. Confirm your time with the local provider in advance. This Malta tour offers a chance to cover thousands of years of history in one attraction-packed, guided outing.
2. Hagar Qim Temple Limestone Heritage and Market Guided Tour
Discover the ancient civilizations and natural beauty of Malta on this full-day guided tour. Begin at the UNESCO-listed Hagar Qim Temples and learn about Malta’s prehistoric past. Next, visit the Limestone Heritage Park, one of Malta’s oldest quarries, and discover the traditional craft of stone carving. Enjoy a delicious lunch before exploring the charming fishing village of Marsaxlokk. Finally, visit Ghar Dalam Cave and Museum with a knowledgeable guide. Travel conveniently and comfortably in an air-conditioned private vehicle and upgrade to include a boat ride to the Blue Grotto. Hotel or cruise port pickup and drop-off included.
Frequently Asked Questions About MgarrMgarr, a small town in the northern part of Malta, is a popular tourist destination. Known for its picturesque countryside, rich history, and vibrant culture, Mgarr has a lot to offer its visitors. If you’re planning to visit Mgarr for the first time or are curious to know more about this charming city, this post is for you. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Mgarr.
1. What’s the best time to visit Mgarr?The best time to visit Mgarr is during the spring and autumn months, from March to May and September to November. During these months, the weather is mild, and the crowds are relatively small, making it the perfect time to explore the town at your own pace.
2. What are some popular things to do in Mgarr?There are plenty of things to do in Mgarr, whether you’re interested in exploring its history, discovering its natural beauty or sampling traditional Maltese cuisine. Some popular activities include:
- Visiting the Mgarr Parish Church, a beautiful Baroque-style church built in the 19th century.
- Exploring the Ta’ Hagrat and Skorba Temples, two of Malta’s oldest temples, which date back to the Neolithic era.
- Enjoying a walk along the scenic countryside, visiting the Bingemma Gap or the Wardija Ridge.
- Tasting the traditional Maltese dish ‘Fenkata’, a stew made with rabbit meat, garlic, and wine.
3. What’s the best way to get around Mgarr?Mgarr is a relatively small town, and the best way to get around is by foot or by renting a bike. Biking gives you the opportunity to explore the countryside and enjoy the scenic views while staying active. Moreover, car rentals are also available for those who would like to explore further afield.
4. What are some good accommodations in Mgarr?There are several good accommodations in Mgarr, including budget-friendly options like guesthouses, bed and breakfasts, and hostels as well as luxury hotels with incredible views of the Mediterranean sea. Some popular accommodations in Mgarr include:
- The Mgarr Hotel, located in the heart of the town, with comfortable rooms and an excellent restaurant.
- The Campbell Suite, a stylish and luxurious suite with stunning views over the Maltese countryside.
- The Il-Plajja Hotel, situated just a few steps away from the beach, with comfortable rooms, a swimming pool and excellent facilities.
5. What are some nearby attractions that can be visited from Mgarr?Mgarr is located in one of the most picturesque parts of Malta, and there are plenty of nearby attractions worth visiting. Some popular destinations include:
- The Golden Bay Beach, a beautiful and popular sandy beach surrounded by breathtaking cliffs.
- The Popeye Village, a theme park based on the set of the 1980 movie Popeye, with plenty of fun activities for children and adults.
- The Mellieha Village, a charming hilltop village with stunning views of the Mediterranean sea and unique architecture.