Welcome to our guide to the best attractions and things to do in Cabo San Lucas! This stunning coastal town located at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is a popular destination for its beautiful beaches, clear waters, and lively atmosphere. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, adventure, or a little bit of both, Cabo San Lucas has something for everyone. Join us as we explore the top attractions and activities to make the most of your trip to this captivating destination.
The 9 Best Unusual Things To Do In Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos 2 Hour Side by Side Utv Adventure
- Sunset Cruise With Open Bar and Snacks
- Luxury Sailing and Snorkeling Cruise in Cabo San Lucas
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour to the Arch in Cabo San Lucas
- Snorkeling Cabo San Lucas
- Sunset Cocktail Catamaran by the Arch Free Food and Drinks
- City Tour Fiesta Bike at Todos Santos
- Cabo San Lucas City Tour and Arch Glass Bottom Boat
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour to the Arch in Cabo San Lucas
The 9 Best Unusual Things To Do In Cabo San Lucas
1. Los Cabos 2 Hour Side by Side Utv Adventure
Cruise along the beautiful beaches and rugged white-sand shores of Los Cabos on a 2-hour UTV adventure. Ideal for friends, families, and anyone who wants to explore the mystical Mexican desert, this tour offers a thrilling way to discover the coast’s different side.
The activity starts with a convenient hotel pickup, after which you’ll be provided with all the necessary gear, including helmet, goggles and bandana. No prior UTV experience is required to participate in this activity, but a valid driver’s license is necessary.
During the tour, you’ll discover the stunning dunes and mountains of the region and get to cool off by driving along gorgeous beaches. You can purchase souvenir photos upon completion of the tour to commemorate your adventure. Alcoholic drinks are also available for purchase for those who are interested.
At the end of the adventure, your guide will provide drop-off back to your accommodation or at another location upon request. Book your 2-hour UTV adventure today and explore a different side of Los Cabos!
2. Sunset Cruise With Open Bar and Snacks
Explore Cabo San Lucas’s top ocean-side attractions during this unforgettable sunset cruise on a comfortable trimaran. Relax on deck and take in the sights of Lovers’ Beach, the local sea lion colony, and the famous Cabo arch. With both open-air decks and shaded areas, you can enjoy the views no matter how much sun you prefer. Open bar is included, so you can sip on refreshing drinks while munching on a light appetizer of guacamole, Mexican salsa, tuna salad, and chips. You’ll also enjoy a fun-filled music playlist and photo opportunities throughout the tour. The minimum age for this tour is 8 years old and up. The meeting point is at Cabo Blue Boat, Muelle Principal Marina del Rey. Please note that transportation is not included and there is a Port Tax Fee of $2.00 USD or 40 pesos per person (cash only). Don’t miss out on this incredible experience during your Cabo San Lucas vacation!
3. Luxury Sailing and Snorkeling Cruise in Cabo San Lucas
Explore the waters of Los Cabos with a luxury sailing and snorkeling cruise from Cabo San Lucas. On this day tour, relax aboard a modern yacht and enjoy cocktails while taking in the sights. Discover Land’s Ends top attractions, including the iconic Arch, and snorkel among scores of colorful fish in the waters nearby. Lunch will be served as you admire the views of Lovers Beach and other local landmarks. During the trip, the crew will share interesting tidbits about the area. Ideal for families and couples, fees to the National Park, lunch and snacks, and unlimited drinks are included in the tour price. Hotel pickup and drop-off are also included. The meeting point for the tour is F Dock Marina Cabo San Lucas B.C.S. Mexico, please note that there are few marinas in Cabo San Lucas.
4. Glass Bottom Boat Tour to the Arch in Cabo San Lucas
Experience the natural beauty of Cabo San Lucas on this private glass bottom boat tour. With flexible departure times throughout the day, you can customize your itinerary to suit your interests. Marvel at popular attractions such as Sea Lions Colony, the Arch of Los Cabos, Pirate’s Cave, and Pelican Rock. Swim and snorkel in the crystal clear waters to encounter the diverse marine life up close. Your bilingual captain will provide information about the sights and history of the area as you enjoy bottled water. Hotel pick-up and drop-off are included, and you are welcome to bring your own drinks. Gratuities are greatly appreciated but not included. Don’t miss out on exploring the stunning nature of Cabo San Lucas Bay on this unforgettable tour.
5. Snorkeling Cabo San Lucas
See the best of Cabo San Lucas from the water during a snorkeling and sailing tour that reveals the area’s natural attractions. This tour is ideal for time-pressed travelers, and it provides a variety of activities such as paddle boards and snorkels for families. Additionally, lunch and unlimited drinks are included in this tour, which makes for a seamless experience. During the boat tour, tick off top Cabo San Lucas attractions and see Pelican Rock and El Arco from the water. An open bar with alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages is provided along with lunch. You are welcome to bring your own phone and cameras for unlimited photo opportunities. The port tax fee of $1.00 USD or 20 pesos per person (cash only) is also included. Transportation is not provided, but the meeting point is Cabo Blue Boat at Muelle Principal Marina del Rey 23450 Cabo San Lucas B.C.S. Mexico.
6. Sunset Cocktail Catamaran by the Arch Free Food and Drinks
This sunset cocktail catamaran tour is perfect for those who want to relax and enjoy the beautiful views of Cabo San Lucas. You’ll sail on a 46-foot catamaran, passing by top attractions like the Arch of Cabo San Lucas and Land’s End while enjoying appetizers and tropical cocktails. With an open bar, you can easily unwind and take in the stunning sunset views while listening to music onboard. Plus, don’t forget your camera to capture the memories! The meeting point is at D Dock Marina, and the activity will end back at the meeting point. So, get ready to unwind and enjoy this one-of-a-kind experience in Cabo San Lucas.
7. City Tour Fiesta Bike at Todos Santos
Explore Todos Santos and its landmarks on a group bike tour with a professional guide. Socialize with your fellow riders while visiting the church, museum, and theater. Indulge in Mexican specialties with tequila and wine tasting, as well as tortilla making. Choose between a morning or afternoon departure and enjoy hassle-free round-trip transfers from your hotel. Alcoholic tasters and lunch are included in the price, along with bottled water and gratuities. Prior to your trip, confirm your tour and pick up time.
8. Cabo San Lucas City Tour and Arch Glass Bottom Boat
Explore the best of Cabo San Lucas by land and sea during this half-day small-group tour. Start the tour with a downtown excursion in an air-conditioned vehicle visiting the city’s top attractions. Then, hop on a glass-bottomed boat and enjoy a cruise through the Sea of Cortez to get a glimpse of marine life. Enjoy free time to shop in boutiques and visit a local craft studio. This personalized tour offers a group capped at only 14 travellers and includes hotel pickup and drop-off, bottled water, and gratuities. Don’t miss the chance to discover Cabo San Lucas’ most iconic sights by both land and sea.
9. Glass Bottom Boat Tour to the Arch in Cabo San Lucas
Explore the Cabo San Lucas Bay’s natural beauty with a glass bottom boat tour to the Arch of Cabo San Lucas. Admire the stunning marine life and visit popular attractions like Sea Lions Colony, Pirate’s Cave, Pelican Rock, and Lover’s Beach while enjoying a flexible itinerary. You can choose between departures from 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and enjoy the experience in your own way. A bilingual tour guide will be there to assist and guide you throughout the excursion. The tour includes a 45-minute boat ride to the Arch, face masks, all fees and taxes, but tips are not included in the price. The meeting point is V3HQ+FX4 Cabo San Lucas, and you will board at Dock #1, located in front of the dolphin center.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cabo San LucasIf you’re planning a trip to Cabo San Lucas, you probably have a lot of questions about what to expect during your visit. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions that tourists have about this beautiful Mexican destination:
1. What’s the best time of year to visit Cabo San Lucas?Cabo San Lucas is a year-round destination, but the best time of year to visit depends on what you’re looking for. If you enjoy warm weather and clear skies, the best time to visit is from December through April. This is also the busiest time of year, so be prepared for crowds and higher prices. If you’re looking for lower prices and fewer tourists, consider visiting from May through November. Keep in mind that this is hurricane season, so be prepared for occasional tropical storms.
2. Do I need a passport to visit Cabo San Lucas?Yes, if you’re traveling from the United States or Canada, you’ll need a valid passport to enter Mexico. Make sure to check the expiration date on your passport before you travel, as many countries require that your passport be valid for at least six months after your planned departure date.
3. Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas?Cabo San Lucas is generally considered a safe destination for tourists. However, like any destination, there is always some risk of crime. Take common-sense precautions such as not leaving valuables unattended and using the hotel safe to store your passport and other important documents. It’s also a good idea to stay in popular tourist areas and avoid traveling alone at night.
4. What is the local currency in Cabo San Lucas?The local currency in Cabo San Lucas is the Mexican peso. Many businesses also accept U.S. dollars, but you’ll usually get a better exchange rate if you pay in pesos. You can withdraw pesos from ATMs using your debit card, but be aware that some ATMs charge high fees.
5. What language is spoken in Cabo San Lucas?The official language of Mexico is Spanish, but many people in Cabo San Lucas speak English, especially in tourist areas. It’s always a good idea to learn some basic Spanish phrases, such as “hola” (hello), “gracias” (thank you), and “adiós” (goodbye).
6. What are the must-see attractions in Cabo San Lucas?Cabo San Lucas is known for its beautiful beaches, stunning scenery, and vibrant nightlife. Some of the must-see attractions in the area include:
- The Arch of Cabo San Lucas, a beautiful rock formation at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula.
- Lover’s Beach, a secluded, romantic beach that’s only accessible by boat.
- El Arco Beach, a popular spot for swimming and snorkeling.
- The Marina, a bustling waterfront area with restaurants, bars, and shops.
- The Cabo San Lucas Country Club, a challenging golf course with stunning views of the sea.
7. What type of cuisine is popular in Cabo San Lucas?Cabo San Lucas is known for its fresh seafood and Mexican cuisine. Some popular dishes in the area include:
- Tacos de pescado (fish tacos)
- Ceviche (marinated raw fish)
- Enchiladas (tortillas filled with meat, cheese, or beans and covered in sauce)
- Margaritas (a classic Mexican cocktail made with tequila, lime juice, and triple sec)
8. What should I wear in Cabo San Lucas?Cabo San Lucas has a warm climate year-round, so lightweight clothing is recommended. Bring comfortable walking shoes for exploring the area, as well as a swimsuit and beach cover-up for the beach. It’s also a good idea to bring a hat and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun.
9. How do I get around Cabo San Lucas?Many tourists choose to rent a car to explore the area, but you can also get around using taxis or public transportation. Buses and minivans are inexpensive and stop at major tourist areas, but be prepared for crowded conditions.
10. What is the nightlife like in Cabo San Lucas?Cabo San Lucas is known for its vibrant nightlife, with plenty of bars and clubs to choose from. Some popular spots include:
- Cabo Wabo Cantina, a famous nightclub owned by rocker Sammy Hagar
- The Giggling Marlin, a lively bar with a popular fish-tossing ritual
- El Squid Roe, a three-story club with dance floors and live music
- The Nowhere Bar, a laid-back bar with a beachfront location
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Cabo San LucasCabo San Lucas is a popular destination in Mexico that attracts thousands of tourists every year. With its stunning beaches, lively nightlife, and endless activities, it’s not hard to see why. However, with so many options, it can be tough to decide how to spend your time as a tourist in Cabo San Lucas. In this guide, we’ll go over some of the top things to do in Cabo and help you plan the perfect itinerary.
1. Enjoy the BeachesCabo San Lucas is known for its beautiful beaches, so it’s no surprise that beach activities are among the most popular things to do. Whether you want to relax on the sand or try your hand at water sports, there is something for everyone.
a. Medano BeachOne of the most popular beaches in Cabo San Lucas is Medano Beach. It’s a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and people-watching. The beach is lined with plenty of restaurants and bars, so you can easily spend a full day here.
b. Lover’s BeachIf you’re looking for a more secluded beach experience, Lover’s Beach might be just what you need. This beach is only accessible by boat, which means it’s less crowded and more peaceful. It’s also a great spot for snorkeling and swimming.
c. Chileno BeachIf you’re into water sports, Chileno Beach is the place to go. It’s known for its clear waters and abundance of marine life, so it’s a great spot for snorkeling and scuba diving. There are also plenty of water activities available, such as kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding.
2. Try Local CuisineCabo San Lucas is home to some incredible cuisine, so trying local dishes should definitely be on your list of things to do. Some must-try dishes include:
a. Fish TacosNo trip to Cabo San Lucas is complete without trying some fish tacos. They’re a local specialty and can be found at many restaurants and beach vendors.
b. Carne AsadaAnother popular dish in Cabo San Lucas is carne asada. It’s a grilled beef dish that’s often served with rice, beans, and tortillas.
c. MargaritasOf course, you can’t forget about the drinks. Margaritas are a staple in Cabo San Lucas, and they’re available just about everywhere.
3. Go on a Boat TourOne of the best ways to see the beauty of Cabo San Lucas is from the water. There are plenty of boat tours available that will take you to some of the most scenic spots in the area.
a. El ArcoEl Arco is one of the most iconic landmarks in Cabo San Lucas. It’s a natural rock formation that’s located at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula. Many boat tours will take you there so you can get a close-up view.
b. Whale WatchingIf you’re visiting Cabo San Lucas between December and April, you might be lucky enough to see some whales. Many boat tours offer whale watching excursions during this time of year.
c. SnorkelingIf you’re interested in exploring the marine life around Cabo San Lucas, a snorkeling tour is a great option. There are plenty of tour operators that offer guided snorkeling trips.
4. Experience the NightlifeCabo San Lucas is known for its lively nightlife, so if you’re a party animal, you won’t be disappointed.
a. Bars and ClubsThere are plenty of bars and nightclubs in Cabo San Lucas that cater to all types of crowds. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back beachfront bar or a high-energy dance club, you’re sure to find something that suits your tastes.
b. Fiesta Dinner CruiseIf you’re looking for a unique nightlife experience, consider booking a Fiesta Dinner Cruise. It’s a dinner and dance party that takes place on a boat as it cruises around the bay.
5. Go on a Tour of the DesertCabo San Lucas is surrounded by beautiful desert landscapes, and going on a tour through them is a must-do activity.
a. ATV ToursOne of the most popular ways to explore the desert is on an ATV tour. You’ll ride through canyons, sand dunes, and rocky terrain while taking in incredible views.
b. Camel RidesFor a more unique experience, consider going on a camel ride through the desert. Many tour operators offer guided camel tours that will take you to some of the most scenic spots in the area.
c. Zip-LiningFor a thrill-seeker, zip-lining through the desert is an unforgettable experience. There are several tour operators that offer zip-lining tours through the canyons and over the desert.
Book Your Tour NowAs you can see, there are plenty of things to do in Cabo San Lucas. With its stunning beaches, exciting nightlife, and incredible scenery, it’s no wonder that it’s such a popular tourist destination. Whether you prefer relaxing on the beach, exploring the desert, or partying the night away, Cabo San Lucas has something to offer everyone.
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.