Vienna, the capital city of Austria, is a destination rich in history, art, and culture. From stunning architecture to world-renowned museums and delicious cuisine, Vienna has something for everyone. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, this city will captivate you with its charm and elegance. In this post, we will explore the best attractions and things to do in Vienna, so you can make the most of your visit and experience the beauty and magic of this wonderful city.
The 62 Best Unusual Things To Do In Vienna
- Vienna Play With the Orchestra at Schonbrunn Palace
- Vienna Adventure Date City Exploration Game for Couples
- Vienna 2 Day Concert Sightseeing
- Skip the Line Schonbrunn Palace Tour With Guide and Tickets
- Vienna Guided Tour of Zentralfriedhof and Bestattungsmuseum
- Schonbrunn Palace Privatesmall Group Skip the Line Tour
- Vienna Romantic Old Vienna City Walk and Wine Tasting
- Classic Private City Tour Vienna
- Vienna Meet Mozart Private Guided Walking Tour
- Small Group Day Trip from Vienna to Prague
- From Vienna Prague Small Group Guided Day Tour
- Jewish Vienna Daily Walking Tour
- Skip the Line Schonbrunn Palace Chambers and Gardens Private Tour
- Location Tour of the Film Der Dritte Mann
- Vienna at First Glance a Walking Tour for First Time Visitors
- Private Danube River Valley and Lake District Tour from Vienna to Salzburg
- Vienna Scavenger Hunt Through the City Center
- Vienna 2 Hour Danube Cycle Path Bike Tour Sightseeing
- Unknown Vienna 2 Hour Walking Tour
- Vienna Secrets of the Fiaker Horse Drawn Carriage Ride
- Vienna City Sightseeing Tour in an Electro Vintage Car
- Best of Vienna in 1 Day Private Guided Tour With Tickets and Transport
- Vienna Empress Sisi Walking Tour Imperial Apartments
- Full Day Private Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- Vienna Carriage Ride Through Schonbrunn Palace Gardens
- Vienna 30 Minute Fiaker Ride in the Old Town
- Vienna Strudel Show With Tasting at Schonbrunn Palace
- Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna Entrance Ticket
- Culinary Tour of Vienna S Sweet Side
- Down Hill Fun and Culture Unesco Area Wachau
- Transfer from Vienna to Munich Private Sightseeing Daytrip With Two Stops
- Big Bus 24 Hour Hop on Hop Off With Guided Walking Tour and River Cruise
- Vienna Pass Including Vienna Hop on Hop Off Bus Ticket
- From Vienna Day Cruise to Bratislava
- Discover Bratislava on a Full Day Trip from Vienna
- Flexi Pass Vienna
- Vienna Melk Abbey and Schonbrunn Palace Private Guided Tour
- Private Tour of Budapest With a Private Ride and a Local Guide from Vienna
- Vienna Private Leopoldstadt Judenplatz Walking Tour
- Big Bus Vienna Hop on Hop Off Tour
- Vienna Go City Explorer Pass for Up to 7 Attractions
- Vienna Best of in 1 Day Private Guided Tour With Transport
- Vienna Entry Ticket for Lower Belvedere
- Vienna Highlights Bike Tour
- Vienna Imperial Treasury in the Hofburg Palace
- Private Tour of Budapest With Luxury Car and Local Guide
- From Vienna Discover Bratislava Private Tour With Luxury Car and Local Guide
- Vienna Pass All of Vienna on One Card
- Vienna Holocaust Walking Tour
- Vienna City Bike Tour
- From Vienna Roundtrip Bus to Bratislava With Walking Tour
- Vienna Flexipass for 3 4 or 5 Top Sights
- Bike Tour of Vienna Old Town Top Attractions and Nature
- Private Full Day Trip to Croatia Including Capital Zagreb
- Transfer from Vienna to Salzburg Private Sightseeing Daytrip With 2 Stops
- Budapest Day Trip from Vienna
- Budapest Full Day Trip from Vienna
- Vienna Ring Tour 60 Mins Top 35 Attraction Points
- Vienna Kuk Perfumery Filz Perfume Tasting Tour
- Private Half Day Walking Tour of Vienna
- Full Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna
- From Vienna Bratislava City Tour With Coffee Cake
The 62 Best Unusual Things To Do In Vienna
1. Vienna Play With the Orchestra at Schonbrunn Palace
Step into the role of conductor for a one-of-a-kind experience at Vienna’s Schönbrunn Palace. Become the Schönbrunn conductor and feel the music swell at your fingertips. Play easy instruments with the orchestra in pre-concert rehearsals, take a once-in-a-lifetime guided tour of the Palace after hours, and witness iconic symphonies in concert with Category A seating. The tour also includes Viennese snacks, drinks, and a tour guide. The historic Schönbrunn Orangery, rarely open to visitors, is also part of the experience. This interactive rehearsal with the orchestra is a unique opportunity to fully immerse yourself in Vienna’s rich musical culture. The certificate and transportation to Schönbrunn are also included in the package. This tour is sure to be a highlight of your Vienna visit.
2. Vienna Adventure Date City Exploration Game for Couples
Explore Vienna in a unique way with your partner by taking part in an interactive smartphone game. This adventure city exploration game will help you get to know each other better, as you unlock clues to your next destination by fun tasks and tricky questions. The game combines a bonding exercise with the excitement of exploring Vienna’s streets as a team. This tour includes the city exploration game app and a live tour guide, without boring historical facts or explanations about the locations you’ll visit. Feel the love in the air as you score points together and create new memorable experiences in Vienna.
3. Vienna 2 Day Concert Sightseeing
Experience an unforgettable 2-day concert sightseeing tour in Vienna. Enjoy an authentic Strauss & Mozart concert in the Kursalon Vienna and explore Vienna’s most important landmarks in a comfortable double-decker bus. Discover the city center with a guided walking tour, which will take you on a journey through the life of the Habsburgs and world-famous composers.
In addition to the concert experience, this package offers you the opportunity to see Vienna’s most beautiful attractions within just 1 day. Be captivated by the impressive Viennese architecture and enjoy a live guided night tour, presenting the wonderfully illuminated buildings from a unique perspective. Hop-off the bus at any time to explore the sights you are especially interested in before you continue with the tour.
The package includes a Strauss & Mozart concert in Kursalon Wien. For those who choose the VIP category, additional benefits are also included. Don’t miss the chance to experience Vienna in a unique and unforgettable way with this 2-day concert sightseeing tour.
4. Skip the Line Schonbrunn Palace Tour With Guide and Tickets
Discover the history and heritage of Vienna’s Schonbrunn on this small-group tour with a licensed guide. Beat the crowds with skip-the-line tickets and explore 24 rooms of the palace interiors. You can also choose a tour of just the Palace Gardens Park and Gloriette hill or the entire estate. With live English commentary, this is the perfect way to experience Austria’s top-ranked attraction. Book now for an unforgettable experience.
5. Vienna Guided Tour of Zentralfriedhof and Bestattungsmuseum
Take an exclusive and private guided tour on the Vienna Central Cemetery with a certified Viennese city guide. Experience the unique density of famous graves of celebrities who have found their final resting place here, including musicians, poets, actors, scientists, and politicians who shaped the history of Austria. Learn interesting facts about the Viennese funeral at the Bestattungsmuseum, and marvel at the search for traces of the “schöne Leich” in the museum. Take a leisurely walk to the most important honorary graves, and see the world’s largest cemetery church at the end of the private guided tour. Don’t miss this opportunity to witness the city of the dead and its many famous residents in Vienna.
6. Schonbrunn Palace Privatesmall Group Skip the Line Tour
Visit the historic Schönbrunn Palace on a skip-the-line private tour in Vienna. Your knowledgeable guide will meet you outside the palace to give you a brief history of this magnificent structure before taking you inside. See the grand entrance hall, the luxurious staterooms, and the private quarters of the second-to-last emperor and his wife. Learn about the decline of the Habsburg Monarchy and admire original artwork and furniture from the 18th and 19th centuries. Your tour includes entrance tickets to the palace and a headset if necessary. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to experience the stunning Schönbrunn Palace without the hassle of waiting in line.
7. Vienna Romantic Old Vienna City Walk and Wine Tasting
This tour takes you on an extraordinary walk through the romantic and historic heart of Vienna. You will explore different hidden parts of the city with a professional guide and discover the diverse sides of Vienna that are not commonly known. On this tour, you get the chance to learn about 6 different topics from past to present Vienna and how they influenced the city’s development.
During the tour, you will visit Hoher Markt, which has been attracting people for its power, design, architecture and tradesmen for centuries. You’ll also explore the Greek Quarter, an area known for its unique location close to the innermost arm of the Danube River. Together with your guide, you will discover the meaning of the name Servitenviertel and why it remains a popular and energetic neighbourhood.
End the tour with an exclusive wine tasting session of three different wines at a non-public medieval wine cellar. This is a rare chance to taste wine privately, and you will enjoy the unique experience surrounded by medieval architecture and history. This is a perfect way to cap off your tour and give you great memories of the unique gems Vienna has to offer.
8. Classic Private City Tour Vienna
Experience the best of Vienna’s landmarks during a stress-free private 4-hour car tour. With the convenience of round-trip transportation, this tour provides you with the perfect way to avoid crowds and give your feet a break. You’ll see some of the city’s top attractions such as the Vienna State Opera and Imperial Palace all from the comfort of your window seat. Your professional guide will give you the exclusivity of a private tour and you can pause the tour anytime to explore closer. This activity includes all taxes, fees, and handling charges, as well as hotel drop-off. You can choose to meet your guide directly at the Vienna Operahouse, or request pickup at a designated location. The tour concludes at the meeting point. Book now and enjoy Vienna’s art, architecture, and atmosphere without the hassle.
9. Vienna Meet Mozart Private Guided Walking Tour
Discover the life and times of one of the greatest composers of all time with the Vienna Meet Mozart Private Guided Walking Tour. Led by a local licensed guide and historian, this private walking tour offers an insider’s look into the life of Mozart, exploring the places he lived and worked in Vienna. Visit St. Stephan’s Cathedral, where Mozart got married, and walk around Stephansplatz, learning more about the composer’s life as a child and adult. With the extended tour option, enjoy classical music concerts in some of the most beautiful cathedrals, churches, and concert halls in Vienna, including pieces from Mozart, Beethoven, Strauss, and Schubert. This tour includes an entrance ticket to the Mozarthaus Vienna, where you can step inside Mozart’s home and learn more about his life. Don’t miss out on the chance to experience the beauty and history of Mozart’s Vienna on this unforgettable private walking tour.
10. Small Group Day Trip from Vienna to Prague
Experience the beauty and history of Prague without hassle by joining this small group day trip from Vienna. Enjoy a scenic drive through the picturesque countryside of Moravia and Bohemia before exploring Prague’s top attractions with a knowledgeable guide. You’ll have a few hours of free time to explore the city on your own before heading back to Vienna. This tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off, transport in an air-conditioned minivan, bottled water on board, and gratuities. The meeting point is at Hotel Bristol a Luxury Collection H, but pickup is also available upon request. Book this tour now and make the most out of your European vacation!
11. From Vienna Prague Small Group Guided Day Tour
Hop on a van in Vienna and start an amazing one-day tour to Prague, one of Europe’s most attractive cities. Cross the beautiful areas of Lower Austria and the famous Wine Region with endless vineyards. Pass by the Czech historical land of Moravia and the Bohemian Forest before finally reaching the Czech capital. Once in Prague, meet your local tour guide and enjoy an extensive walking tour that covers all the major sights of the city standing on the Vltava River. Discover the Wenceslas Square, witness to many historical events, and stroll through the Old Town with its innumerable shops and museums. Make stops at the Old Town Square with the famous astronomical clock and the Týn Church, take a selfie with Franz Kafka’s birth house, or the New Town Hall. Learn about Czech history, culture, and society while making new friends in a friendly atmosphere. Enjoy live commentary of your driver/guide in English throughout the tour.
12. Jewish Vienna Daily Walking Tour
Embark on a fascinating journey through the Jewish history of Vienna with our daily walking tour. Led by knowledgeable and fully licensed tour guides, you will experience the highlights of Jewish Vienna and learn insider stories and anecdotes that will transport you back in time. Get ready to discover photograph-worthy locations and stops that will make this tour an unforgettable experience.
We will begin at the City Temple ‘Stadttempel’, which is Vienna’s main synagogue and the heart of Jewish life in the city. From there, we will explore the 1st district of the Innere Stadt and travel back in time through the centuries, from the first Jewish community in the Middle Ages to the heyday of the early 20th century to the present day.
At Judenplatz, also known as the ‘square of the Jews,’ you will discover one of the most important sights to see and understand the rich Jewish history of Austria. The tour will continue with a visit to Graben Kohlmarkt, where you will learn more about famous purveyors of the third Jewish Community. At Hoher Markt, you will discover stories about famous Jewish families, such as the Arnsteins, the Rothschilds, and the Ephrussies, among many others.
Throughout the tour, our knowledgeable guides will share original researched stories and take you to locations and stops where interactions and dialogue are guaranteed. You will come away from the tour with a deep understanding of the Jewish history of Vienna and many photograph-worthy moments to cherish. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable walking tour.
13. Skip the Line Schonbrunn Palace Chambers and Gardens Private Tour
Explore the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace and Gardens in Vienna with a private skip-the-line tour. Avoid the crowds and take in the UNESCO-listed palace and Rococo summer residence with a dedicated guide. Learn about the Habsburg dynasty and the history and architecture of the palace as you admire its highlights. Choose from the two-hour Imperial Tour or the four-hour Grand Tour and benefit from guide commentary for insights into the history of the vast complex. Enjoy a flexible itinerary and a more relaxed pace with a private tour. Your tour includes skip-the-line tickets, a private tour of Schönbrunn Palace and Garden, and a 5-star private guide with an official Austrian license speaking fluently in your chosen language. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable tour experience during your next trip to Vienna.
14. Location Tour of the Film Der Dritte Mann
Enjoy a unique tour following in the footsteps of Orson Welles through the original filming locations of the classic film “The Third Man.” Experience the stories of the film and the city in an unconventional lively and exciting way as your tour guide explains everything from conception to completion.
Visit the most important film locations and learn about the exciting international genesis of the film and about the “other Vienna” the war ruins that provided a unique backdrop for the movie’s dark and thrilling story. Many illustrative pictures guide in the footsteps of Harry Limes through the winding cobblestone plastered alleys of Vienna’s old town centre.
Don’t miss out on the chance to see one of Vienna’s film classics come to life by seeing the city in a new and exciting way. Book now to experience the highlights of the film “The Third Man.
15. Vienna at First Glance a Walking Tour for First Time Visitors
Ideally suited for first-time visitors to Vienna, this private half-day walking tour provides a comprehensive overview of the culturally rich Austrian capital, covering landmarks such as the Belvedere Museum, Hofburg Imperial Palace, Stephansplatz Cathedral, and more. Accompanied by your personal guide, enrich your visit with informative background on the city’s tumultuous history, from imperial heritage to the Art Nouveau movement. You will travel like a local using the city’s efficient public transportation systems with front-door hotel pickup included. The tour includes a professional guide and public transportation where useful. The pickup point is flexible with optional door-to-door hotel pickup available.
16. Private Danube River Valley and Lake District Tour from Vienna to Salzburg
This private transfer takes you from Vienna to Salzburg, offering a scenic route through the stunning landscapes of Wachau, the Salzkammergut Lake District and Melk Abbey. During this tour, you’ll visit multiple places, including Mondsee, Unterach um Attersee, and Dürnstein. You’ll also have the chance to explore two UNESCO World Heritage sites, Melk Abbey and the Wachau river valley. You are free to customize your itinerary according to your preferences, making this a private tour tailored to your interests. The tour includes an experienced local guide and transportation, and ends with a drop-off at your Salzburg hotel. Entrances and gratuities are not included in the tour price.
17. Vienna Scavenger Hunt Through the City Center
Discover the beautiful sights of Vienna through an interactive and fun scavenger hunt. Starting at St. Stephen’s Cathedral, you’ll embark on a walking tour through the city center, stopping at famous landmarks such as the Votiv Church, Vienna City Hall, and the Burgtheater. Along the way, you’ll learn about Vienna’s rich history and coffee house culture. You can pause the game at any time to take photos or enjoy a break. The scavenger hunt is perfect for anyone who wants to explore the city at their own pace. After completing the hunt, end your day with a delicious slice of Viennese Sacher cake and a cup of coffee. The city game of Vienna is designed with 16 sealed and numbered envelopes that contain small tasks to solve, providing a unique and exciting way to experience Vienna.
18. Vienna 2 Hour Danube Cycle Path Bike Tour Sightseeing
Explore the imperial city of Vienna like a local on a guided 2-hour bike tour along the Danube Cycle Path. Get a glimpse of the city’s magnificent past while riding along the famous Ringboulevard and the Danube Canal. Admire the colorful Hundertwasser House and click pictures at landmarks like the Opera House and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Your guide will entertain you with interesting stories about the former royals while you cycle on the well-maintained bike paths. The tour includes a bike, bottled water, and hotel pick-up and drop-off. However, it is not suitable for people with mobility impairments. Get ready to experience Vienna in a unique way!
19. Unknown Vienna 2 Hour Walking Tour
Learn all about Vienna, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, on this 2-hour walking tour. Discover interesting facts from your knowledgeable tour guide as you visit St. Michael’s Church, Vienna’s third oldest church with a combination of three different architectural styles. See the Hofburg Palace and learn about the significance of the huge 555,000 m² grounds, as well as the most important rulers in the city.
Be impressed by Heroes’ Square and what lies behind the facades, and discover why any trip to Vienna should include a visit to the Imperial Treasury. You will also see the Austrian National Library with its state room and admire the church where many Habsburg weddings were held. Lastly, you will see the Albertina, home to the largest graphical collection in the world. Join this tour and discover the hidden gems of Vienna.
20. Vienna Secrets of the Fiaker Horse Drawn Carriage Ride
Peek into the unknown world of Fiakerei with this exclusive Vienna Secrets of the Fiaker Horse Drawn Carriage Ride tour. Visit the original Viennese Fiaker horse stable and get to know the famous Lipizzaner horses while learning about the daily work of a Fiaker coachman. Gain insight into the history of Fiakerei and explore the unique Fiaker Horse Center in Vienna’s 11th district of Simmering.
An exclusive barn tour will give you a behind-the-scenes look at what’s going on in a traditional Viennese Fiaker family business. Then, take a ride in an original Viennese Fiaker, the ubiquitous presence in Vienna’s city center, and enjoy the famous sights of the city during your ride back to the city center. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to discover the secrets of Vienna’s Fiaker culture.
21. Vienna City Sightseeing Tour in an Electro Vintage Car
Enjoy a memorable experience in Vienna with a private guided sightseeing tour for up to 5 people in a royal electro-vintage car. Choose between a 40, 60 or 90-minute tour (depending on the option chosen) and discover Vienna’s most historic sights such as Am Hof, Imperial Palace, Hofburg, Volksgarten, Burgtheater, Rathaus (City Hall) and part of the famous Ringstraße. During your journey, enjoy the comfort of the rebuilt electro-vintage car and hear exciting and unknown stories of Vienna’s history from your private driver. Pimp your ride with a bottle of typical Austrian Sparkling Wine, which is conveniently served directly inside of the car during your sightseeing tour. This is an emission-free clean and quiet ride that is enchanting for young and old people alike.
22. Best of Vienna in 1 Day Private Guided Tour With Tickets and Transport
Explore Vienna’s top attractions and neighborhoods hassle-free with this private driving tour. With hotel pickup, a professional guide, and priority entrance tickets to Schönbrunn Palace, you’ll get to see the best of Vienna without wasting time. Admire the stunning architecture of Hofburg, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and Belvedere Palace as your guide shares commentary about the city’s rich culture and history. Personalize your itinerary to fit your interests and pace and enjoy a full-day tour of Vienna’s old town highlights, including visits to St. Stephen’s Cathedral and St. Peter’s Church. Don’t miss the chance to visit Karlskirche with the 4-7 hour options. Experience Vienna in a whole new way with this private guided tour.
23. Vienna Empress Sisi Walking Tour Imperial Apartments
Discover the history and vibrant culture of Austria with a guided walking tour of Vienna’s Imperial Apartments, the former home of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi). Meet your knowledgeable guide at the Albertina before heading to the nearby Hofburg to explore the apartment where the iconic empress once lived. Hear fascinating stories about her everyday life and her famous love affair with Emperor Franz Josef as you stroll through the opulent rooms of the palace.
Next, visit the magnificent Augustinian Church, where Sisi and Franz Josef were married, and learn about the significance of this beautiful landmark. Finally, discover some of Sisi’s favorite shops and boutiques as you walk through the charming streets of Vienna. With entrance to the Sisi Museum included in the tour, this is an experience you won’t want to miss!
24. Full Day Private Trip from Vienna to Budapest
This private tour offers a practical day trip from Vienna to Budapest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site just 150 miles away. With pickup and drop-off directly from your hotel and a knowledgeable guide, you can avoid the public transit hassles and enjoy the city highlights stress-free. The guide will take you to see the Castle District, Matthias Church, the Fishermen’s Bastion, the House of Parliament, the Chain Bridge, and more. Capture stunning photos of Danube vistas and dreamy spires on this unforgettable journey. Bottled water, private transportation, and lunch are included in the tour.
25. Vienna Carriage Ride Through Schonbrunn Palace Gardens
Meet your driver in front of the impressive Schönbrunn Palace and embark on a 30-minute horse-drawn carriage ride around the Schönbrunn Palace gardens. Admire the palace’s stunning baroque architecture and picturesque gardens, and marvel at iconic landmarks such as the Neptune fountain and the Gloriette. Listen as your Viennese “Fiaker” shares fascinating stories and insights into the city’s rich history and the long-standing tradition of horse-drawn carriages. As you ride past the different constructions from the Imperial period, you’ll see the Palm House with its collection of rare plants from around the world and the Orangerie. Take in the beauty of the different fountains, especially the stunning Neptune and Obelisk fountains. Experience a truly relaxing and enjoyable ride with sights to behold that promises an unforgettable experience.
26. Vienna 30 Minute Fiaker Ride in the Old Town
Find your Fiaker next to the world-famous St. Stephen’s Cathedral or at Michaelerplatz and enjoy a 30-minute ride in a two-horse carriage around the charming old town of Vienna. Admire the beautiful architecture of the old seat of government during the Habsburg monarchy – the Hofburg – where the President and Chancellor of the Austrian Republic have their offices today.
Experience Vienna’s history and culture as you travel along the marvellous boulevard known as “The Ring” where you have a chance to see the buildings hosting the Natural Museum of History and Fine Arts. The trip will also take you to the Austrian Parliament, built in Greek architectural style with the statue of Pallas Athene in front of it.
As part of the ride, you’ll also see the Vienna Town Hall, with its impressive square, and spot numerous local landmarks along the journey. Don’t miss the statue of Maria Theresia, the only female ruler of the house of Habsburg, displayed at the square between the two buildings of the Natural Museum of History and Fine Arts. An unforgettable experience awaits as you discover the rich history and architecture of Vienna on this 30-minute Fiaker ride.
27. Vienna Strudel Show With Tasting at Schonbrunn Palace
Visit the historic Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna and witness the famous Strudel Show. Head down to the old court bakery of the Café Residenz and watch the live demonstration of how the original Viennese apple strudel is made. See the dough stretched out so thin you could practically see through it. After the show, enjoy a warm piece of freshly baked apple strudel and take home the recipe to try baking it yourself. This tour is perfect for those looking to learn about Vienna’s delicious culinary history and experience one of its beloved pastries.
28. Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna Entrance Ticket
Explore the magnificent art collection of the Kunsthistorisches Museum with this entrance ticket. Admire masterpieces by Rubens, Rembrandt, Raphael, Velázquez, Titian, and Durer in the Picture Gallery. See works from ancient Egypt and classical antiquity through the late 18th century. Visit the Kunstkammer to admire works by goldsmiths such as Benvenuto Cellini. The collection includes sculptural masterpieces and filigree works in ivory by top artists of the day. Marvel at the magnificent building itself with its imposing staircase that features a series of paintings on which Gustav Klimt collaborated. The tour includes an entrance ticket and an audio guide available for €5 each or 2 for €7.
29. Culinary Tour of Vienna S Sweet Side
Explore the sweet side of Vienna with this unique culinary tour through the city. Learn all about the rich history behind Viennese coffee culture as you visit some of the most prominent and beautiful coffeehouses in Vienna. Not only will you get to know the etiquette of a Viennese coffeehouse, but you’ll also hear the origin stories behind some of Vienna’s most delicious pastries. Plus, with tips for the best confectioneries in the city, you won’t miss a single sweet treat! Don’t forget to learn the difference between the “original” and the “real” Sachertorte (Sacher Cake) and enjoy funny and exciting anecdotes and stories. This tour is the perfect way to experience Vienna’s rich culture and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time.
30. Down Hill Fun and Culture Unesco Area Wachau
Explore the stunning UNESCO-listed landscapes of Wachau on a full-day biking tour from Vienna. Take in the colorful patchwork vineyards of the Danube Valley as you bike through the region. Admire the impressive Stift Melk monastery and the medieval Aggstein castle. Cross the Danube River on a ferry ride and taste a variety of delicious Austrian wines during a traditional wine tasting. You can also indulge in some mouth-watering typical Austrian cuisine for dinner if you choose. The tour includes round-trip transfers by air-conditioned minibus and is limited to a maximum of seven people, ensuring a personalized experience. The guide will ensure that you have a great time on this fun and culturally rich tour.
31. Transfer from Vienna to Munich Private Sightseeing Daytrip With Two Stops
This private transfer service from Vienna to Munich includes two sightseeing stops to make the most of your travel day. Customize your trip by choosing the two stops that interest you the most from a selection of options including Salzburg Hallstatt, among others. Avoid the hassle of long-distance trains or buses and enjoy a comfortable trip in an air-conditioned vehicle. Break for lunch wherever you want and benefit from a door-to-door service. The price includes all taxes, fees, and handling charges, as well as bottled water. You also have the option to add entrance fees. Pickup is from your accommodation, and drop-off is in Munich.
32. Big Bus 24 Hour Hop on Hop Off With Guided Walking Tour and River Cruise
Explore Vienna conveniently and enjoyably with a 24-hour hop-on hop-off bus tour that includes a guided walking tour and river cruise. With the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour ticket, you can quickly travel between Vienna’s popular attractions such as Schönbrunn Palace, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and the Belvedere, and disembark at any stop to explore more in detail. The bus tour comes with audio commentary available in 13 languages and free Wi-Fi. Additionally, you will have a voucher for a Danube River Cruise, where you can enjoy breathtaking views of Vienna’s scenery. The tour also includes a guided walking tour and hotel pickup and drop-off, while food and drinks are not included. Book the tour now to see the best of Vienna’s attractions and things to do!
33. Vienna Pass Including Vienna Hop on Hop Off Bus Ticket
The Vienna Pass Including Vienna Hop on Hop Off Bus Ticket is a great way to save time and explore the city at your own pace. With a range of durations to choose from, you can enjoy entry to over 60 top attractions in Vienna. The pass also includes audio-guided hop-on hop-off transport to help you get around easily.
This pass allows you to skip the lines at popular attractions such as the Giant Ferris Wheel and Schönbrunn Palace. You’ll receive a guidebook to help you plan your itinerary and learn more about Vienna as you explore. Plus, public transport is included, making it even easier to get around.
Confirm the start time with the local provider in advance and enjoy the convenience of hotel pickup and drop-off. This pass covers everything you need to have a great time exploring Vienna on your own terms.
34. From Vienna Day Cruise to Bratislava
Discover the beauty of the Danube on a day trip from Vienna to Bratislava. Embark on the MS Kaiserin Elisabeth and enjoy a luxurious cruise with stunning views from the sun deck. With full air conditioning and comfortable seating, travel in style as you dine and sip on drinks. Spend 4 hours exploring Bratislava at your leisure and take in the sights of the capital city. The tour includes breakfast, a lunchtime snack, dinner, and beverages, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to see the Danube from a different perspective.
35. Discover Bratislava on a Full Day Trip from Vienna
Discover Bratislava, the ancient Slovakian city, on a full-day trip from Vienna. Travel in comfort by an air-conditioned coach with hassle-free round-trip transport from your Vienna hotel. This tour includes a visit to top attractions such as the Grassalkovich Palace, St. Michael’s Tower, and much more. Beat the language barrier and avoid the difficulty of booking travel tickets independently. You will be accompanied by a professional and knowledgeable English-speaking driver who will pick you up from your hotel. Confirmation of booking will be received at the time of booking and the tour is not wheelchair accessible. Join this tour and reach Bratislava with ease from Vienna to explore its beauty.
36. Flexi Pass Vienna
Take advantage of the flexibility and convenience of Flexi Pass Vienna to explore the city’s top attractions at your own pace. Easily swap your voucher for a Flexi PASS at the Vienna State Opera, and enjoy a hop-on hop-off tour with informative commentary on the sights. With over 30 days to use the pass, you can choose from a variety of included attractions such as the Reisenrad Ferris wheel, Schönbrunn Zoo, and Danube Tower. Save time and money with skip-the-line access, and receive a free online booklet with information on all attractions. Public transport and gratuities are also included for your convenience. Book your flexible Flexi Pass today for an unforgettable Vienna experience!
37. Vienna Melk Abbey and Schonbrunn Palace Private Guided Tour
Experience two of Austria’s most stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites on this private guided tour from Vienna. Your first stop is Schönbrunn Palace, a grand baroque masterpiece that’s sure to leave you awe-struck. With skip-the-line tickets, you’ll save time on arrival and be able to explore all the palace’s opulent rooms and stunning gardens at your leisure.
Next, head to the picturesque Wachau river valley and visit the baroque beauty of Melk Abbey. With your knowledgeable guide, you’ll gain insight into the cultural heritage and intriguing stories behind these incredible locations. Upgrade for a private guide throughout the day and relax in the comfort of your private transport provided.
This 6-hour tour includes pickup and drop-off service in Vienna as well as a professional English-German speaking driver. Make the most of your time in Vienna with a visit to two remarkable destinations in just one day.
38. Private Tour of Budapest With a Private Ride and a Local Guide from Vienna
Get to know the bohemian spirit of Budapest with a private tour that includes transportation from Vienna. This 12-hour trip is led by a local guide who will take you through the Hungarian city’s landmarks and highlights such as Fisherman’s Bastion, Heroes’ Square, the Royal Palace and Castle, the Chain Bridge, Parliament, and more. The itinerary is customizable and ensures personalized attention from your guide. You’ll make stops for photos and questions, and all road tolls, parking fees, and fuel are included. Hotel pickup and drop-off is provided, along with a private guide. Entrance fees and food and drinks are not included. The tour will finish before 8pm, and every additional hour will cost 30€ per hour, paid directly to the driver.
39. Vienna Private Leopoldstadt Judenplatz Walking Tour
Explore the deep Jewish history of Leopoldstadt on this private walking tour of Judenplatz. Visit the epicenter of Jewish Vienna today and travel back in time to the second Jewish Community. Discover kosher supermarkets on the way of the tour with an authentic and licensed tour guide. Walk through the Gräzel and discover the “Stones of Remembrance” and the locations of former synagogues. Follow in the footsteps of important Leopoldstädters like Theodor Herzl or Sigmund Freud. Enjoy a great view onto the second district of Vienna Leopoldstadt from Morzinplatz, an anchor in the Jewish history of the city. Learn about the Ghetto located in “Unterem Werd” and the tragedy of the Shoah and its consequences. After the tour, visit the vibrant Jewish community thriving in this part of the city.
40. Big Bus Vienna Hop on Hop Off Tour
Soak up the stunning sights of Vienna’s top attractions with the Big Bus Vienna Hop-on Hop-off Tour. With a 24, 48, or 72-hour sightseeing ticket, you can take in the city’s landmarks, including Schönbrunn Palace, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and the Belvedere, at your own pace. The open-top sightseeing bus offers fascinating audio commentary to guide you along the way, while free Wi-Fi keeps you connected. With the premium or deluxe ticket option, you can also enjoy a walking tour through the city streets and a scenic river cruise. Simply redeem your voucher at any of the designated Big Bus stops and start your Vienna adventure today!
41. Vienna Go City Explorer Pass for Up to 7 Attractions
With the Vienna Go City Explorer Pass, you’ll get to choose between 2 to 7 top attractions in Vienna from a selection of over 45 activities and tours. The pass offers a hassle-free experience with up to 35% savings compared to buying separate tickets. You’ll have 60 days to use your pass from your first attraction visit, and you can easily access it on your mobile device. Simply download your pass, browse the digital guide, and follow the instructions before your visit. Just present your pass at each attraction or tour for entry. The pass includes bus tours, boat rides, museum entries, and much more. The Vienna Explorer Pass is the perfect way to make the most out of your trip to Vienna without the stress of buying multiple tickets.
42. Vienna Best of in 1 Day Private Guided Tour With Transport
Discover the highlights of Vienna in just one day with a private guided tour by car. Explore the charming Old Town, including the famous St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the beautiful Rathaus. With skip-the-line tickets to the Schonbrunn Palace and Belvedere, you’ll have more time to immerse yourself in the local history, culture, and outstanding architecture. Your guide, with an Official Vienna License, will share fascinating insights and stories throughout the day. Enjoy convenient car transportation with a pickup and drop-off service from your hotel. Come and experience the best of Vienna in one day.
43. Vienna Entry Ticket for Lower Belvedere
The Belvedere in Vienna is one of the most renowned museums in the world. With the Vienna Entry Ticket for Lower Belvedere, you’ll get to immerse yourself in the splendor of the Baroque Lower Belvedere Palace in Vienna. The Palace’s Baroque gardens are ranked among the Palace Treasures, and the Palace Stables houses treasures from the Middle Ages.
Completed in 1716, the Lower Belvedere defines the overall Baroque ensemble of the once-residential city of Vienna. Wander through the palatial hallways and chambers, and get a firsthand look at the finest examples of Baroque art and architecture, as well as cutting-edge art exhibitions, with these Lower Belvedere tickets.
Art exhibitions from all periods are on full display at the former residential palace of Prince Eugene and at the Orangery. Don’t miss the Klimt. Inspired by Van Gogh Rodin Matisse exhibition from 3 February 2023 to 29 May 2023, or T exhibition from 2 December 2022 to 7 January 2024. A visit to the Lower Belvedere Palace in Vienna is a not-to-be-missed experience for art enthusiasts and history buffs alike.
44. Vienna Highlights Bike Tour
Cycle the streets of Vienna on a 3-hour biking tour of the city. Led by an expert guide, saddle up and see the bright hues of the Hundertwasserhaus and the iconic Ferris wheel at the Prater. Along the way, you’ll pass top sights like the Hofburg Palace, City Hall, and the Opera House, learning about the city’s history from your guide as you go. Enjoy cycling along bike paths and streets with little traffic, pedal along sections of the Danube, and stop at Heroes’ Square before visiting the Prater to see its popular Ferris wheel, the Riesenrad. The tour price includes the use of a bicycle, a professional guide, gratuities, and Hotel pickup and drop-off is also available. The meeting point is at Vienna Explorer, located at Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Wien, Austria.
45. Vienna Imperial Treasury in the Hofburg Palace
Discover the Vienna Imperial Treasury in the Hofburg Palace, one of the most important treasure chambers in the world. Admire the treasures of the Habsburgs, such as the Austrian Imperial Crown, considered to be one of the most beautiful crowns in the world, and the crown jewels of the Holy Roman Empire with the Imperial Crown. Observe legendary treasures such as the Holy Grail or the horn of the unicorn. Discover jewels and diamonds, including parts of the original jewelry of Empress Elisabeth. See the fascinating treasures of the Habsburgs in the oldest part of the Hofburg Palace – the Swiss Wing – including one of the largest emeralds in the world that testify to the former power of the Habsburg dynasty. Other highlights are the treasure of the Order of the Golden Fleece, as well as the collections of 15th-century Burgundy and the cradle of the King of Rome (Napoleon II). Admire the charming jewelry of Habsburg empresses and princesses and parts of the original jewelry of Empress Elisabeth.
46. Private Tour of Budapest With Luxury Car and Local Guide
Explore the vibrant city of Budapest on a private tour with a luxury car and an informative local guide. Departing from Vienna, travel through the scenic countryside and arrive in Budapest to discover iconic landmarks such as the Parliament Building and Fisherman’s Bastion. With commentary from your knowledgeable guide, learn about the rich history of Budapest as you wander through the city. Enjoy free time to explore on your own before heading back to Vienna. Transportation with a private air-conditioned vehicle, hotel pick up and drop-off, and a professional English-speaking driver at your full-day disposal are all included in this personalized experience. Book now for an unforgettable day trip to Budapest.
47. From Vienna Discover Bratislava Private Tour With Luxury Car and Local Guide
This private tour from Vienna to Bratislava provides a convenient way to experience Slovakia’s capital without the hassle of public transportation. Your English-speaking driver will pick you up from your hotel in a private air-conditioned vehicle, and you’ll travel across the border to explore Bratislava’s Old Town center. See landmarks like Primate’s Palace, Grassalkovich Palace, and St. Michael’s Tower, and have free time for lunch and souvenir shopping. With your private guide, you’ll have the freedom to explore at your own pace and ask plenty of questions. Enjoy breathtaking views of Bratislava, photo opportunities, and a hassle-free experience thanks to hotel pickup and drop-off.
48. Vienna Pass All of Vienna on One Card
The Vienna PASS is the ultimate way to experience the top attractions in Vienna. With over 70 sights, including Schönbrunn Palace and the Spanish Riding School, you’ll have access to the city’s best destinations.
With the Vienna PASS, you’ll also have unlimited travel on the hop-on hop-off sightseeing buses, making it easy to get around the city. The card comes with a helpful guidebook to assist with your sightseeing itinerary.
The Vienna PASS is available for 1, 2, 3, or 6 consecutive days, and children under 6 get in for free. Additionally, you’ll receive exclusive discounts with local businesses which can further enhance your Vienna experience. Get your Vienna PASS now and enjoy all of Vienna on one card!
49. Vienna Holocaust Walking Tour
This walking tour of Vienna offers a glimpse into the city’s role in the Holocaust, with a focus on the history of Viennese Jews. Led by experienced guides, you’ll explore locations that are not typically found on tourist maps and learn about Simon Wiesenthal, one of the most famous Nazi hunters. The tour lasts for 90 minutes but you have the option to linger at stops along the way. Before or after your booking date, you have unlimited use of the virtual tour option from the comfort of your home. If you enjoy uncovering forgotten stories and exploring off-the-beaten-path places, this tour through the center of Vienna is a perfect fit.
50. Vienna City Bike Tour
Cycle through the streets of Vienna on this bike and city tour. Led by a local guide, pedal past top attractions such as the Vienna State Opera, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and the Albertina. You’ll also ride through the sprawling Heldenplatz at Hofburg Palace. Travel along bike paths and streets with little traffic, while your guide shares fascinating stories behind each landmark. You can choose from morning, afternoon, or evening departures. Bike rental is included, and you’ll burn some calories while sightseeing. This is the perfect way to combine being active with exploring Vienna. The 3-hour bike tour is led by a professional guide and gratuity is not included.
51. From Vienna Roundtrip Bus to Bratislava With Walking Tour
Experience the small but elegant city of Bratislava with a full-day trip from Vienna. Enjoy a roundtrip bus transfer from Vienna to Bratislava to make the most of your time exploring. Discover the rich history and contrasting modern lifestyle with a local guide during an informative 1-hour walking tour. The tour also includes a traditional 2-course lunch at a local restaurant. Take advantage of your free time to stroll along the Danube River or go souvenir shopping. Return to Vienna at the end of the day with unforgettable memories of Bratislava. Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with mobility impairments. The tour includes a roundtrip bus ticket from Vienna, professional tour guide, lunch, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
52. Vienna Flexipass for 3 4 or 5 Top Sights
Discover the highlights of Vienna at your own pace with the Vienna Flexipass for 3, 4, or 5 top sights. This pass allows you to choose from 40 different attractions, including skip-the-line entry to selected ones. Create your own personal program according to your interests and enjoy free entry to 2, 3, 4, or 5 sights or activities. Take part in a hop-on hop-off tour to get an overview of the city’s most important sights or choose from various museums, the Spanish Riding School, or the Schönbrunn Zoo. An online booklet with information on all offers included is at your disposal to help you plan your visit to Vienna. With the Vienna Flexipass, you can enjoy an epic sightseeing tour that includes over 40 attractions and make the most out of your trip to Vienna.
53. Bike Tour of Vienna Old Town Top Attractions and Nature
Discover Vienna’s top attractions while soaking up the city’s rich history and culture on a private bike tour with an English-speaking guide. Pedal through the Old Town and admire the stunning architecture of landmarks such as St. Stephen’s Cathedral, the Rathaus, and the Hofburg. Enjoy the flexibility of customizing your itinerary to cater to your interests and preferences, ensuring a personalized experience tailored just for you. Your fully equipped bike and optional helmets are provided, making this adventure safe and enjoyable. Join this private tour and explore Vienna’s top attractions and natural beauty with your own private guide.
54. Private Full Day Trip to Croatia Including Capital Zagreb
Discover the vibrant city of Zagreb on a full day tour from Vienna. Travel in comfort by air-conditioned vehicle and explore the city at your own pace during ample free time. Admire the famous landmarks such as Ban Jelačić Square and St. Mark’s Church and indulge in the local cuisine at one of the many restaurants. This hassle-free transport-only tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off and a professional English-speaking driver at your full day disposal. With the ease of round-trip transportation and the freedom to explore, this trip to Croatia is not to be missed.
55. Transfer from Vienna to Salzburg Private Sightseeing Daytrip With 2 Stops
Make the most out of a day of travel with this transfer-meets-tour service from Vienna to Salzburg. You’ll have the chance to customize your itinerary by choosing two stops from six available options. Travel in comfort in a private air-conditioned vehicle and take a break for lunch whenever you prefer. The transfer includes all taxes, fees, and handling charges, as well as bottled water. Simply leave a message with details about the pick-up address, time, and selected sightseeing stops. This private transfer is an excellent option to maximize an overland travel day in Austria.
56. Budapest Day Trip from Vienna
Experience the beautiful and historic city of Budapest with a day trip on a comfortable tour bus from Vienna. Take a comfortable ride through the plains of western Hungary to the city of Budapest located on the scenic banks of the Danube River.
Take an informative tour of the Buda and Pest districts learning about their historical and cultural significance of the Hungarian capital along the way. Admire the most famous sights of the city such as the majestic Buda Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and symbol of the city. See the Hungarian Parliament Building, inspired by the Palace of Westminster, Heroes’ Square, St. Stephen’s Basilica, and Matthias Church. Enjoy a visit to the most beautiful church in Budapest – Matthias Church, and the breathtaking view of the Danube River. The air-conditioned comfort of the bus provides the perfect way to relax while you travel.
57. Budapest Full Day Trip from Vienna
Explore the beautiful city of Budapest on a hassle-free day trip from Vienna. With pickup and drop-off at your hotel, you’ll travel comfortably in an air-conditioned coach. Discover the city’s sights, including the Hungarian State Opera House and Vajdahunyad Castle, with ample free time to explore on your own. This small group tour offers personalized attention and the convenience of transportation. Book today for a stress-free journey to Budapest.
58. Vienna Ring Tour 60 Mins Top 35 Attraction Points
Make the most out of your time in Vienna by taking the Vienna Ring Tour 60 Mins Top 35 Attraction Points. This tour allows you to discover and explore over 30 attractions of the city within an hour. With a vintage-style open-air vehicle, you will be able to travel through the old town and see highlights such as the Hofburg Rathaus and St. Michael’s Church. You will also receive an informative commentary on the history and culture of Vienna from your driver and guide. Capture memories by taking photos of the city’s palaces, museums, and historic squares. The meeting point is at Albertinapl. 2, and after an hour of the tour, you will return to the same point. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking, and it is important to note that the tour is not wheelchair accessible, and service animals are allowed.
59. Vienna Kuk Perfumery Filz Perfume Tasting Tour
How did people produce fragrances 200 years ago? What did the world-famous empress Sisi smell like? Find out this and much more on this unique tour of the oldest perfumery in Vienna which exclusively catered to the emperor and empress. Hear about how perfumes have been a part of Viennese society since the emperor-times.
In the oldest Viennese Coffee House find out everything about the former KuK Perfumery Filz that has closed the doors after 214 years. Learn about the ancient Viennese fragrances and their secret ingredients. Taste the emperor’s fragrances and other traditional Viennese fragrances which have been around for more than 100 years. Get inspired by the knowledge of the perfumers and choose an original perfume to take home with you.
This tour also gives you a chance to enjoy a drink or coffee at Vienna’s oldest coffee house. The tour guides will provide a comprehensive and detailed insight into the history of Viennese perfumes and their secret ingredients. With all these perks, the Vienna Kuk Perfumery Filz Perfume Tasting Tour is certainly an experience you won’t want to miss!
60. Private Half Day Walking Tour of Vienna
Explore Vienna at its best with a private half-day walking tour led by a knowledgeable guide. This tour offers an opportunity to visit the city’s famous landmarks including Hofburg Palace, the Ringstrasse, St. Stephan’s Cathedral and Heroes Square to see a pair of royal statues. Walk past the finest architectural gems and receive information about the history and culture of Austria from your guide. You’ll receive insider tips to make the most out of your stay in Vienna. Hotel pickup and drop-off are available, and entrance fees, food, and drinks are not included. Choose between heading directly to the meeting point or requesting a pickup. The meeting point is at Hotel Sacher Wien on Philharmoniker Str. 4 1010 Wie.
61. Full Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna
This action-packed day tour takes you to the highlights of Salzburg from Vienna. You’ll have a stress-free day with hotel pickup and drop-off and transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle included. Enjoy plenty of free time to visit sites such as the UNESCO-listed Old Town, the Cathedral, Mirabell Palace and The Sound of Music filming locations. With access to incredible UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Wachau Valley, this tour saves time and lets you see many top Salzburg sites in a day such as Mirabell Palace. You’ll have a professional and knowledgeable English speaking driver with you. Gratuities are included in the package. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking. Not wheelchair accessible. The tour starts at 07:00 AM. Pickup points can be selected while booking.
62. From Vienna Bratislava City Tour With Coffee Cake
Explore the charming capital of Bratislava with a day trip from Vienna. A knowledgeable licensed guide will lead you on a one-hour walking tour through the historic city center. See all the important landmarks including the Opera Reduta building, Man at Work statue, Central Square, Primate’s Palace, and Michael’s Gate.
After the walking tour, enjoy a delicious coffee and cake at a local café before having some free time to explore on your own. Choose between having lunch or beer tasting as an optional add-on. The tour includes a professional guide, the walking tour, and coffee and cake (if option is selected). The tour ends at the bus station where you will meet up before returning to Vienna at 7:30 PM. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience the highlights of Bratislava on this exciting day trip.
Exploring Vienna: Frequently Asked Questions by TouristsVienna, the capital city of Austria, attracts millions of visitors every year. Known for its artistic and cultural heritage, grand architecture, and stunning landscapes, Vienna is a city steeped in history and tradition. As a popular tourist destination, visitors often have questions about the city before they arrive.In this article, we’ve gathered some of the most frequently asked questions about Vienna to help you plan your trip and make the most of your visit. From transportation to sightseeing, we’ve got you covered.
1. What is the best time to visit Vienna?Vienna is a year-round destination, but the best time to visit depends on your preferences. The summer months of June through August are the peak tourist season and offer warm weather, longer daylight hours, and a variety of outdoor events and festivals. However, if you’re looking to avoid the crowds and save some money, the shoulder seasons of April through May and September through October are great times to visit. The city is still enjoyable during these times, with pleasant temperatures and fewer tourists.
2. How do I get around Vienna?Vienna has an extensive public transportation system that includes buses, trams, and underground trains, making it easy to get around the city. The most convenient and affordable option is the Vienna Card, offering unlimited travel on all public transportation and discounts at many tourist attractions.Biking is also a popular way to explore the city, with bike rental services available throughout Vienna. Additionally, taxis and ride-sharing services such as Uber and Bolt are also available.
3. Where are the best places to stay in Vienna?Vienna has several neighborhoods to choose from when it comes to accommodation. The city center (Innere Stadt) is the most popular choice for tourists, with its grand architecture, museums, and close proximity to popular attractions.Other neighborhoods such as Leopoldstadt or Mariahilf offer a more local experience with plenty of cafes, bars, and shopping options. When choosing your accommodation, consider your priorities and budget.
4. What are some must-see attractions in Vienna?Vienna is home to several iconic attractions that should not be missed during your visit. Some of the most popular include:
- The Hofburg Palace: A former imperial palace with over 2,600 rooms and several museums, including the Sisi Museum and the Imperial Apartments.
- Belvedere Palace: A stunning Baroque palace featuring several museums and galleries, including the world-famous Art Museum.
- Schönbrunn Palace: A UNESCO World Heritage site with over 1,400 rooms, elaborate gardens, and a zoo.
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral: A Gothic-style cathedral with breathtaking architecture and views of the city from its tower.
- Vienna State Opera House: One of the world’s top opera houses, known for its stunning performances and grand architecture.
5. What should I eat while in Vienna?Vienna is famous for its cuisine, with several traditional dishes that you must try during your visit. Some of the most popular dishes include:
- Sachertorte: A chocolate cake with apricot jam, invented in 1832.
- Wiener Schnitzel: A breaded and fried veal cutlet served with potatoes or salad.
- Tafelspitz: A boiled beef dish served with root vegetables and horseradish sauce.
- Apfelstrudel: A dessert made of crisp pastry and filled with apples and cinnamon.
- Goulash: A stew made with beef, onions, and paprika, typically served with potatoes.
6. What is the currency of Austria?The currency of Austria is the Euro (EUR). Most shops, restaurants, and hotels accept credit cards, but it’s always a good idea to have some cash on hand for smaller purchases.
7. Is Vienna a safe city?Vienna is a safe city with a low crime rate. However, as with any city, tourists should take precautions to avoid pickpocketing and other petty crimes by being aware of their surroundings and keeping their valuables secure.
8. What is the language spoken in Vienna?The official language of Austria is German, and most locals speak it fluently. However, English is also widely spoken, especially in tourist areas and larger cities like Vienna.
9. How do I get from the airport to the city center?Vienna International Airport is located about 16 kilometers southeast of the city center. There are several transportation options available, including:
- Train: The City Airport Train (CAT) takes just 16 minutes from the airport to the city center and offers convenient downtown connections.
- S-BAHN: A cheaper option, the S-Bahn (commuter rail) connects the airport to the city and surrounding areas.
- Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport, but can be expensive.
10. Do I need a visa to visit Vienna?If you’re coming from the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), you don’t need a visa to visit Vienna. Visitors from other countries may require a visa, so be sure to check with the Austrian embassy or consulate in your home country before traveling.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Vienna: A Comprehensive GuideVienna is a beautiful city that boasts of a rich cultural heritage and is home to several landmarks and museums. As a tourist, it can be overwhelming to decide what to see and do in Vienna. In this guide, we will provide you with a comprehensive list of things to do in Vienna that will give you an unforgettable experience.
1. Visit Schönbrunn PalaceSchönbrunn Palace is a beautiful 18th-century palace and a UNESCO World Heritage site that was the summer residence of the Habsburgs. It has over 1,400 rooms and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and fountains. You can get a guided tour of the palace, enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride, or take a stroll around the beautiful gardens.
2. Explore St. Stephen’s CathedralSt. Stephen’s Cathedral is one of the most iconic landmarks in Vienna and is a must-visit for any tourist. The Gothic-style cathedral dates back to the 12th century and has stunning stained glass windows and a beautiful interior. You can climb to the top of the South Tower for a beautiful panoramic view of the city.
3. Enjoy a Concert at the Vienna State OperaVienna is known as the world’s capital of classical music, and the Vienna State Opera is one of the most famous opera houses in the world. It hosts several performances every week, and you can enjoy a beautiful evening of music and culture.
4. Visit the Kunsthistorisches MuseumThe Kunsthistorisches Museum is one of the most important art museums in the world, with a collection of over 4,000 paintings, including works by famous artists such as Rembrandt, Vermeer, and Caravaggio. The museum has an impressive collection of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman antiquities, and you can spend an entire day exploring its treasures.
5. Take a Walk along the Danube RiverThe Danube River is one of the most beautiful and iconic features of Vienna. You can take a walk along the riverbank, enjoy the beautiful scenery, and take a boat ride to explore the city from a different perspective.
6. Explore the Vienna ZooThe Vienna Zoo is the oldest zoo in the world and home to over 750 animal species. You can visit the Giant Panda Habitat, the Rainforest House, and the Polar Bear enclosure, among other things. The zoo is a great place to visit with kids, and you can easily spend an entire day exploring its wonders.
7. Attend a Viennese Coffee HouseVienna is famous for its coffee house culture, and there are several historic coffee houses in the city, such as Café Central and Café Sperl. You can enjoy a cup of Viennese coffee, try some traditional Austrian pastries, and soak in the ambiance of these beautiful places.
8. Visit the NaschmarktThe Naschmarkt is the largest open-air market in Vienna and is a great place to indulge in some shopping and food. You can find a variety of fresh produce, seafood, spices, cheese, and other culinary delights. The market is also a great place to try some traditional Viennese dishes, such as schnitzel, goulash, and sausages.
9. Take a Tour of the Spanish Riding SchoolThe Spanish Riding School is home to the famous Lippizaner horses and is a must-visit for any equestrian enthusiast. You can take a tour of the stables, watch the horses in training, and attend a performance of the famous Lipizzaner Stallions.
10. Take a Day Trip to BratislavaBratislava, the capital of Slovakia, is located just an hour away from Vienna and is a great place to take a day trip. You can explore the old town, visit the Bratislava Castle, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Book Your Tour NowVienna is a beautiful city with a rich cultural heritage and a variety of things to see and do. We hope that this guide has provided you with some useful tips on how to spend your time as a tourist in Vienna. Remember to take your time and enjoy the beautiful scenery, architecture, and culture that this city has to offer.
Share This Article with Your Friends
If you found this article helpful, your friends might appreciate it too. Click on any of the social share buttons below to share it with them and spread the knowledge.