Where Can I Get Accommodation in Antwerp?
Antwerp is a vibrant city and a popular destination for both business and leisure travelers. With so many attractions in and around the city, it is not surprising that accommodation is in high demand. From budget hotels and hostels to luxury apartments and five-star resorts, there is something for everyone in Antwerp. In this guide, we’ll take a look at the best accommodation options available in the city, how to book them and some helpful tips to keep in mind.
Budget Accommodation in Antwerp
If you’re looking to save on accommodation, there are plenty of budget options available in Antwerp. One of the best places to look are hostels. Hostels are open to adults and children and typically offer shared dormitories as well as private rooms. Generally, hostels provide basic amenities such as a breakfast buffet, towels, bed sheets and Wi-Fi access, and many have communal areas with games and snacks. Booking a hostel typically requires no prior commitment and no long-term contracts; monthly memberships are sometimes available but not always. The average cost of a night in a hostel in Antwerp is €20–€30 per person. For those who are not comfortable sharing dormitories with other guests, there are also budget hotels available in Antwerp. Many budget hotels offer basic amenities such as a private bathroom, cable TV, mini-bar and free Wi-Fi access. Some also include other services such as a swimming pool, restaurant and bar. The average cost of a night in a budget hotel in Antwerp is €50–€70 per night.
Mid-Range Accommodation in Antwerp
For those looking for a bit more comfort and amenities, there are several mid-range hotels in Antwerp. Many mid-range hotels offer amenities such as a fitness centre, heated swimming pool, restaurant or bar, and free Wi-Fi access. Some also provide extras like room service, concierge services, and laundry facilities. The average cost of a night in a mid-range hotel in Antwerp is €100–€150 per person.
Luxury Accommodation in Antwerp
For those looking for the ultimate in luxury accommodation, there are some fantastic options in Antwerp. Luxury hotels offer an array of services including private butler service, spa treatments, restaurants, bars, nightclubs and much more. Some also have their own exclusive swimming pools, fitness centres and golf courses. The cost of a night in a luxury hotel in Antwerp ranges from €200 to €300 per person.
Apartments for Rent in Antwerp
Apartments for rent are also available for those looking for longer stays in Antwerp. Many apartments come fully furnished with modern appliances, Wi-Fi access and other amenities. Prices for renting apartments vary greatly depending on the size, location, and amenities offered. The average cost of renting an apartment in Antwerp is €500–€1000 per month.
Tips for Booking Accommodation in Antwerp
When booking accommodation in Antwerp it is important to keep a few things in mind:
- Make sure you read reviews of the accommodation you are interested in before booking to ensure you get the best experience possible.
- Consider booking accommodation outside the city centre – this way you can get more bang for your buck.
- Take advantage of discounts and promotions when booking – many hotels offer discounts or special packages if you book online.
- Take advantage of comparison websites – these can be a great way to find the best deals on hotels.
Overall, when choosing accommodation in Antwerp it is important to consider your budget and preferences carefully. With so many different accommodation options available, there is sure to be something to suit everyone’s needs. For more information on where to stay in Antwerp be sure to visit Milano Guide, which provides detailed information on hotels and other accommodation options across the city.
Insider’s Guide to Antwerp: Local Gems and Unique Experiences
Antwerp is a city of contrasts, offering a fascinating blend of old-world charm and modern city vibrancy. This dynamic Belgian city is famous for diamonds, fashion, and Flemish art, but there’s more to it than that. Antwerp has an array of hidden gems and unique experiences that are off the beaten path. In this insider’s guide, we’ll reveal the best local attractions, dining spots, cultural experiences, and more for a memorable stay in Antwerp.
Local Attractions: Discover the Hidden Gems
Sure, everyone knows about Antwerp’s famous landmarks, such as the Gothic Cathedral of Our Lady and the iconic MAS museum. But here are a few lesser-known local gems that only insiders know about:
– Het Steen Castle: A 13th-century fortress on the Scheldt River, with a history of use as a prison and a customs house. Now, it is a museum that allows visitors to delve into the city’s past.
– Het Eilandje: A dynamic waterfront district rejuvenated from an old dock area that houses trendy bars, bistros, and shops.
– Royal Museum of Fine Arts: This fantastic art museum is a must-visit for fans of Rubens and other Flemish art.
Dining Spots: Experience the Local Flavors
Antwerp is famous for its delicious cuisine, including Flemish classics like Belgian waffles, chocolate, and beer. But if you want to try something unique, here are some lesser-known, local food spots to please your palate:
– Désiré De Lille: Try the famous Antwerp handjes, a delicious cookie with its shape resembling a hand.
– Felix Pakhuis: This restored warehouse is a food hall with a trendy selection of international cuisine.
– Balls and Glory: A meatball-themed restaurant, known for their locally-sourced ingredients and mouth-wateringly delicious meatballs.
Cultural Experiences: Uncover the Vibrant Traditions
Antwerp is a city of rich cultural experiences, from its vibrant annual carnival to its avant-garde fashion scene. Here are some unique options to explore:
– Vlaeykensgang: A picturesque, hidden alley in Antwerp’s city center that dates back to the 16th-century. It offers a rare peek into the city’s rich history.
– Antwerp’s Red-Light District: A must-see for anyone who wants a genuine taste of Antwerp’s culture.
Local History: Fascinating Stories from the Past
Antwerp’s history is intertwined with Europe’s, and as such, many of the city’s stories are fascinating. Here are a few captivating tales from Antwerp’s past that you might not know:
– Rubens and His Studio: Antwerp was home to one of the most celebrated Flemish painters, Peter Paul Rubens. Explore his impressive studio and learn all about his life and work.
– The Hand of Antwerp: One of the stops on the Antwerp History Tour leads to the “Hand of Antwerp,” an intriguing sculpture that tells the story of the city’s glory days.
Off-the-Beaten-Path Suggestions: Experience Antwerp Differently
For the adventurous travelers, here are some best-kept-secret places to visit in Antwerp, for a unique experience:
– Abandoned Forts: Antwerp is renowned for its incredible examples of military architecture, and there are several abandoned forts on the outskirts of the city for exploration.
– St. Paul’s Church: An ancient Gothic-style church with an intricately designed interior and a tower with a breathtaking view of the city.
Antwerp is a city of many layers, offering a unique experience to all visitors. Explore our guide to discover its hidden gems and unique experiences and make the most out of your time in this vibrant Belgian city.
Table of Contents