Which Is the Best Pub Crawl in Budapest?
If you’re planning a night out in Budapest, one of the best things to do is to go on a pub crawl. Hungary’s capital is famed for its ruin bars, which are an easy way to experience some of the most unique nightlife in Europe. But with so many pub crawls operating in the city, how can you choose the best one? That is where we come in – in this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the various pub crawls on offer, enabling you to make an educated decision about which one is right for you.
What Is a Pub Crawl?
A pub crawl is a way of visiting several bars and pubs in a short space of time. It usually involves taking a tour, where knowledgeable guides will help you learn more about the venues and drinks that you try. Often pub crawls will begin in one bar and then move on to include several other venues before ending elsewhere – it varies depending on the provider. A good pub crawl should give you ample time at each venue and the chance to explore the city’s nightlife to its fullest.
What Makes Budapest Such a Great City for a Pub Crawl?
Budapest has long been recognized for its wild and wacky nightlife. Home to over 50 ruin bars alone, pub crawls form an essential part of the city’s nocturnal offerings. Ruin bars came into being at the start of the 21st century when entrepreneurs started converting abandoned or unused buildings into social spaces. These places still exist today and are teeming with character – their unique atmosphere and mismatched furniture give visitors an experience like no other. Not only that, but ruin bars tend to offer extremely cheap drinks, an essential quality of any good pub crawl!
The Most Popular Pub Crawls in Budapest
Budapest can offer up some truly incredible pub crawls, with different providers vying to have the best tour. To help you make your decision, here are five of the most popular pub crawls in Budapest – each one offers its own unique take on the classic experience.
- Nightlife Budapest – Nightlife Budapest is well known for their ‘Insider Tour’, which takes place every Friday and Saturday night. This tour looks past the tourist traps to guide you through some of the city’s best-kept secrets – all in four hours! Along with visits to high-quality ruin bars, you’ll also get great discounts on drinks with coverage for up to 12 bars included.
- Budapest Pub Crawl – Budapest Pub Crawl has been in operation since 2004, giving them more than fifteen years of experience in providing tourists with the best pub-crawling experience. This heavy hitter promises up to 20 bars on each tour and includes free shots and discounts throughout. Each event includes its own little quirks too such as drinking games mixed with good music and promotions.
- Block Party– The Block Party tour offers five hours of intense fun in a friendly atmosphere. Each tour is led by an experienced multi-lingual guide and includes unlimited welcome drinks, Street Food Heroes Aperitivo and discounts at each bar. Fridays at 8pm provide an extra twist on the experience by throwing a block party at one of the famous ruin bars.
- Pub Crawl Budapest– This group have skyrocketed in popularity in recent years thanks to their popular tourist tours. With professional guides, they offer free shots at almost every bar as well as vodka hugs (if you can survive) and guarantee that each tour can be tailored as much as possible to satisfy everyone’s individual needs.
- Get Your Guide – Get Your Guide offers a unique five-hour tour through some of Budapest’s most iconic ruin bars. You’ll get to sample iconic Hungarian beers and snacks along the way and explore the city from a truly unique perspective – highlight includes guided beer pong tournaments and limoncello thimbles!
With so many awesome tours to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to begin – but all these tours have something special to offer, so it’s just a case of finding which works best for you.
Whether you’re looking for something cheap and cheerful or something more upmarket, there are plenty of pub crawls operating in Budapest that should appeal to lovers of every type. Doing your research beforehand will give you the best chance of having an amazing night out – plus, don’t forget you can always book onto a Budapest Pub Crawl guided tour like this 5-Hour Pub Crawl through Ruin Bars tour, where beer pong tournaments and limoncello tasting promise some wild Icelandic nights! So don your favorite t-shirt, grab your entourage and hit up some of these incredible pubs and clubs for an epic night on the town!