Admission Prices for Kew Gardens in London
Are you planning a vacation to London and looking to experience the incredible beauty of Kew Gardens? Many tourists flock to the city each year to take in the sights, sounds and incredible beauty of one of the world-renowned gardens and historic sites located in London. Before you set out to visit Kew Gardens, it is important to know how much admission is and what type of ticket or pass you should purchase.
Below, you will find information and pricing details to help you understand the different ticket types, fees and policies for the botanical gardens.
Kew Gardens Admission Tickets and Prices
Kew Gardens has grown to become one of the most-visited places in London, and its popularity is largely due to its affordability and beauty. Admission fees are quite reasonable for what is being offered, especially for those hoping to experience this British institution for themselves.
The prices for admission to Kew Gardens vary according to the different ticket types available and your age. There are three main ticket types:
- Standard Admission Ticket: This type of ticket grants admission to Kew Gardens itself, including two exhibitions housed at the botanical garden. Standard ticket prices depend on age: Adults (17+) cost £18, while children (16 and under) cost £9.
- Grounds Admission Ticket: This type of ticket allows entry into the Kew Garden grounds, but not any exhibitions or enclosures. This type of ticket is suitable for those who are visiting Kew Garden simply to explore the grounds and take in the beauty of nature. Grounds Admission tickets cost £7 for adults, while children can enter for free.
- Family Admission Ticket: This type of ticket is ideal for families with more than one child visiting the gardens. A Family Admission ticket grants entry for up to two adults and three children under the age of 16 for a discounted rate of £45. This ticket type is only available through the main Ticket Office or online.
There are also special discounts available for certain groups, including those with disabilities, National Trust members and people aged 65 years or over. Those who fall into these categories may be eligible for a discounted rate on the Standard Admission Ticket. It is also possible to purchase a Family and Friends pass online, which allows up to six people entry into the botanical gardens for a discounted rate.
What Does Admission Include?
The admission price for Kew Gardens includes access to the botanical gardens, select exhibitions and plant collections, educational programmes, interactive discovery zones for children, dining opportunities, shopping experiences, and more. The gardens span over 300 acres and have a worldwide reputation for the diversity of their flora.
The admission fee also includes access to two exhibitions: The Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art and Brent Lodge Park Farm. The former is home to over 900 works of art created by botanical artists around the world, while the latter is an indoor space dedicated to allowing visitors to see and learn about traditional farming mechanisms as well as animals native to Surrey.
Additional Fees For Other Attractions At Kew Gardens
In addition to the standard admission fee at Kew Gardens, there are other attractions that may require an additional fee or separate ticket. These attractions include rides at The Climbers & Creepers Playground, entry into The Hive digital experience, BBC Earth Live Concerts featuring nature-inspired music, entry into musical events such as Sing for Kew, and Kew’s Rare Plant Fair.
Tickets for these events can be purchased online or through the main Ticket Office located at Kew Gardens themselves. It is always important to check pricing and information before you begin making your plans.
Tips For Visiting Kew Gardens
Visiting Kew Gardens is sure to be an enjoyable experience for all types of travelers. Here are a few tips for making sure your trip is successful:
- Dress Accordingly: When planning your trip to Kew Gardens, make sure you dress accordingly. The weather in London can be unpredictable so make sure you bring along some layers to be prepared. Also wear comfortable shoes, as there will be a lot of walking while exploring the beautiful gardens.
- Plan Ahead: Consider what events or experiences you would like to take part in while visiting the gardens; many people tend to spend entire days here exploring all of the attractions. Decide what routes or experiences are appealing to you in order to make sure you can get tickets beforehand or plan for an earlier arrival if tickets are sold out when you arrive at the park.
- Bring Your Camera: From breathtaking views of large green fields surrounded by magnificent trees to various species of local and exotic plants and flowers, Kew Gardens is home to some truly unique sights that you’ll want to capture on camera with great detail. Don’t miss out on the chance to take pictures that will make your friends back home jealous!
Kew Gardens is one of London’s premier attractions and a visit will prove delightful for any type of traveler, whether they are a nature lover or simply wanting a leisurely day spent outside. Before any visit it is important to know what type of tickets are available and how much they cost in order to plan accordingly and budget properly. Prices vary depending on age and group size, but ticket types exist that make it easy for everyone to experience Kew Gardens at an affordable rate. Additionally, despite admission being included in the ticket prices there may still be additional fees or separate tickets required for certain experiences such as rides at The Climbers & Creepers Playground or tickets to entry special musical concerts. It is important to consider these various experiences when deciding what tickets you will purchase before you visit Kew Gardens. Finally, remember to dress for comfort and warmth in order to get the most out of your visit.
Now that you know about tickets prices and other considerations when visiting Kew Gardens, why not book your stay now? To get started planning your perfect day at Kew Gardens, visit GetYourGuide today!