Are you planning a trip to the charming city of Baltimore, Maryland? Look no further for ideas on what to do and see during your stay! From historic landmarks to delicious seafood, Baltimore offers a variety of attractions that will keep you entertained and satisfied. In this post, we will showcase the best things to do in Baltimore, including top-rated restaurants, must-see landmarks, and exciting activities. So, grab a cup of coffee and let’s dive into all that Baltimore has to offer!
The 2 Best Fun Activities to Do in Baltimore Maryland
The 2 Best Fun Activities to Do in Baltimore Maryland
1. Hard Rock Cafe Baltimore
Mouthwatering flavor takes center stage at this Baltimore institution. The Hard Rock Cafe Baltimore offers a unique menu featuring house-made entrees spiked with local flavors. Immerse yourself in music history with authentic memorabilia from top musical legends while enjoying classic American cuisine and signature cocktails.
Choose either a 2 or 3 course meal and indulge in fresh house-made entrees with local flair including crisp salads, decadent desserts, and signature cocktails. Don’t miss the Legendary® Burger which features just the right combination of savory flavors. After your meal, stop by the Rock Shop® which features limited-edition Hard Rock Cafe Baltimore merchandise.
Satisfy your hunger for great American cuisine in an exciting atmosphere filled with music history. Book your tour now and experience the best of the Hard Rock Cafe Baltimore. With a complimentary coffee, tea, or soda included with your meal, this tour is not to be missed.
2. Baltimore Inner Harbor Sightseeing Cruise
See Baltimore from a different perspective on this 1-hour narrated sightseeing cruise around the famous Inner Harbor area. This tour offers the best way to admire the city skyline and iconic landmarks such as Fells Point, the National Aquarium, the John W Brown Liberty Ship, and the USS Constellation. Whether you decide to relax on the indoor or outdoor observation decks, you can purchase snacks and beverages from a well-stocked bar. Enjoy an animated narration of Baltimore’s rich history, making it a must-do activity for history buffs and first-time visitors alike. Local taxes and fees, as well as parking fees, are included in the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions About Baltimore, Maryland – A Tourist GuideBaltimore, Maryland is a city that is steeped in history and culture. It is well known for its beautiful waterfront areas, its world-famous crab cakes, and its lively music scene. As a popular destination for tourists, Baltimore sees a lot of inquiries and questions from visitors regarding the city’s history, culture, and places to visit. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about Baltimore, Maryland.
1. What Are Some Of The Best Things To Do In Baltimore?Baltimore offers a wide range of experiences, from historical landmarks to world-class museums and beautiful parklands. Here are some of the best things to do in Baltimore:
a. Visit The Inner HarborThe Inner Harbor is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Baltimore. This beautiful waterfront area offers a plethora of entertainment options, including restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. The National Aquarium, one of the most famous aquariums in the US, is also located here.
b. Explore The Historic SitesBaltimore is a city that is rich in history. There are numerous sites that you can explore, such as Fort McHenry, the Baltimore Basilica, and the Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum.
c. Enjoy The Local CuisineBaltimore is famous for its seafood, and you can find delicious seafood dishes at multiple restaurants in the city. The Maryland crab cakes are especially popular.
d. Visit Cultural InstitutionsBaltimore is home to many cultural institutions such as the Maryland Science Center, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, and the Walters Art Museum, which has one of the largest collections of art in the US.
2. What Is The Best Time To Visit Baltimore?The best time to visit Baltimore is usually in the fall (September to November) or the spring (March to May). During these months, the weather is mild, and there are fewer crowds. However, if you want to experience some of the city’s major events, such as the Baltimore Book Festival or the Baltimore Pride Parade, you may want to visit during the summer.
3. What Is The Most Convenient Way To Get Around Baltimore?Baltimore offers various modes of transportation such as buses and taxis, but one of the best ways to get around the city is through the Charm City Circulator, a free bus service that operates along several routes throughout the city.
4. What Are Some Good Accommodation Options In Baltimore?Baltimore has a plethora of accommodation options, including luxury hotels, boutique hotels, and budget-friendly options. Some of the best hotels in Baltimore are the Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore, the Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown, and the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore.
5. Is Baltimore A Safe City To Visit?Like any city, Baltimore has areas that are considered less safe than others. However, most tourist areas are safe, so it’s important to exercise caution while traveling in Baltimore, especially if you are traveling alone or at night. It’s always a good idea to stay aware of your surroundings and avoid leaving valuables in plain sight.
6. What Are Some Popular Festivals And Events That Occur In Baltimore?Baltimore hosts several festivals and events throughout the year. Some of the most popular events include:
a. Maryland Film FestivalThe Maryland Film Festival is a great opportunity for film lovers to see independent, foreign, and classic films from around the world.
b. ArtscapeArtscape is a free arts festival that takes place in July and offers art exhibits, live music, and theater performances.
c. Baltimore Book FestivalThe Baltimore Book Festival is one of the largest literary festivals in the US and attracts thousands of visitors every year.
7. What Are Some Fun Facts About Baltimore?Baltimore is a city with a rich history and culture. Here are some fun facts that you may not know about Baltimore:
a. The First Railroad Station In The US Was Built In BaltimoreBaltimore was the birthplace of commercial rail travel. The first railroad station in the US was built in Baltimore in 1830.
b. Baltimore Is Home To The Oldest Catholic Cathedral In The USThe Baltimore Basilica, also known as the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, is the oldest Catholic cathedral in the US.
c. Babe Ruth Was Born In BaltimoreThe legendary baseball player Babe Ruth was born in Baltimore in 1895.In conclusion, Baltimore, Maryland is a city that offers many experiences for tourists. The city’s rich history, culture, and gastronomy make it an excellent tourist destination. When planning your trip to Baltimore, be sure to follow the guidelines in this blog post to maximize your experience in this beautiful city.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Baltimore MarylandBaltimore Maryland is a fun and lively city that has something to offer for everyone. Whether you’re interested in art, history, food, or sports, Baltimore has it all. In this post, we’ll discuss the best ways to spend your time in Baltimore as a tourist.
1. Visit the Inner HarborThe Inner Harbor is Baltimore’s most popular tourist destination, and for good reason. The area boasts a variety of shops, restaurants, and attractions, including the National Aquarium and the Maryland Science Center. You can easily spend an entire day at the Inner Harbor, exploring all that it has to offer.
What to Do:
- Visit the National Aquarium and see over 20,000 aquatic animals.
- Explore the Maryland Science Center and participate in hands-on exhibits.
- Take a sightseeing cruise or water taxi to see the city from a different perspective.
- Shop for souvenirs at the many stores and boutiques in the area.
2. Learn About Baltimore’s HistoryBaltimore has a rich history that is well worth exploring. From the city’s role in the War of 1812 to the birthplace of the American national anthem, Baltimore played a significant role in America’s early years. Visitors can learn about Baltimore’s past by visiting several historic sites and museums.
What to Do:
- Visit Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, where the American flag was raised during the War of 1812.
- Explore the Baltimore Civil War Museum, which documents the city’s involvement in the Civil War.
- Take a tour of the Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum, where the famous writer lived briefly.
3. Enjoy Baltimore’s Food SceneBaltimore is famous for its seafood and also has a thriving dining scene. There are many restaurants serving up delicious meals using fresh, local ingredients. Be sure to try some of Baltimore’s signature dishes while you’re in town, such as steamed crabs and Old Bay seasoning.
What to Do:
- Head to Faidley’s Seafood in Lexington Market for some of the best crab cakes in town.
- Visit the Lexington Market, which has been in operation since 1782, and try a variety of local specialties.
- Explore Mount Vernon Marketplace, which features over 15 vendors serving up a variety of cuisines.
- Take a food tour of the city to sample a variety of Baltimore’s delicious offerings.
4. Catch a GameBaltimore is home to several professional sports teams, including the Orioles and the Ravens. Catching a game is a fun activity for sports fans and a great way to experience the local culture.
What to Do:
- Catch a Baltimore Orioles baseball game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
- Attend a Baltimore Ravens football game at M&T Bank Stadium.
- Check out the Baltimore Blast indoor soccer team at the SECU Arena.
5. Explore Baltimore’s Art SceneBaltimore has a thriving arts community, with many museums and galleries showcasing both local and national artists. Visitors can explore the city’s art scene by visiting several of these venues.
What to Do:
- Visit the Baltimore Museum of Art, which contains over 95,000 works of art.
- Explore the American Visionary Art Museum, which features works by self-taught artists.
- Check out the Contemporary Museum, which showcases cutting-edge contemporary art.
- Take a public art walking tour to see the city’s impressive outdoor art displays.
Book Your Tour NowBaltimore Maryland has a lot to offer tourists, from historic sites to sports events to delicious cuisine. We hope this guide has been helpful in planning your trip to Baltimore and that you will have a great time exploring all that the city has to offer. Remember to take advantage of everything the Inner Harbor has to offer, learn about Baltimore’s history, try some local cuisine, catch a game, and check out the art scene. Have fun!
Table of Contents